Michel Thijssen
New member
- Joined
- Sep 27, 2026
- Messages
- 1
- Thread Author
- #1
Hi everyone, and first of all, thank you for welcoming me to this community. I’m really looking forward to sharing experiences and talking about music and audio gear with all of you.
My audio journey started when I was about eight years old with an Akai reel-to-reel tape recorder. One of my first real musical experiences was George Benson’s album Give Me the Night. It wasn’t just the music that impressed me, but the sound as well. The atmosphere, energy and production of that album made a huge impression on me and really sparked my love for great sound.
Thanks to my father, I grew up listening to artists like Earth, Wind & Fire, Johnny “Guitar” Watson and Lou Rawls. It’s music I still enjoy today.
Of course, great audio equipment is important to all of us, but as Bruce Swedien once said: “It’s all about the music.”
I’m looking forward to sharing experiences, discovering new music and learning from all of you.
Greetings from the Netherlands!
Michel
My audio journey started when I was about eight years old with an Akai reel-to-reel tape recorder. One of my first real musical experiences was George Benson’s album Give Me the Night. It wasn’t just the music that impressed me, but the sound as well. The atmosphere, energy and production of that album made a huge impression on me and really sparked my love for great sound.
Thanks to my father, I grew up listening to artists like Earth, Wind & Fire, Johnny “Guitar” Watson and Lou Rawls. It’s music I still enjoy today.
Of course, great audio equipment is important to all of us, but as Bruce Swedien once said: “It’s all about the music.”
I’m looking forward to sharing experiences, discovering new music and learning from all of you.
Greetings from the Netherlands!
Michel