Ascending to even greater heights - Page 13
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ascending to even greater heights

My interpretation is that Everest = $4000. If enough people wish it, thatís what Caelin will price it at. So I heard.

2. Likes CGabriel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kzhtoo View Post
    My interpretation is that Everest = $4000. If enough people wish it, thatís what Caelin will price it at. So I heard.
    Well, the discussion is purely based on the hints that Caelin himself choose to provide to us.

It isnít based on any personal wish.

If the initially posted image means something, and we are told it does, there is logic in thinking that it may be 1.5x5,000=7,500 while I donít see any logic supporting the 4,000 US$ guess.

As a result it seems that there is a higher probability that it could be 7,500 rather than 4.000.

Although some high level officials have given up on logic, it still governs 99.999% of the world.

Besides, I assume that you share my feeling thaf cheaper is better?

Or you are extremely wealthy and competitive and hope that itís going to cost 100,000 US$ so that only you can benefit from the exquisite sound itís going to deliver?

Cheers,
    Bernard

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bernardl View Post
    Well, the discussion is purely based on the hints that Caelin himself choose to provide to us.

It isnít based on any personal wish.

If the initially posted image means something, and we are told it does, there is logic in thinking that it may be 1.5x5,000=7,500 while I donít see any logic supporting the 4,000 US$ guess.

As a result it seems that there is a higher probability that it could be 7,500 rather than 4.000.

Although some high level officials have given up on logic, it still governs 99.999% of the world.

Besides, I assume that you share my feeling thaf cheaper is better?

Or you are extremely wealthy and competitive and hope that itís going to cost 100,000 US$ so that only you can benefit from the exquisite sound itís going to deliver?

Cheers,
    Bernard
    I think you missed the humor of kzhtoo's post.

I'm betting and hoping it is under 10K US MSP and my personal guess is $9K-9500 USD so, less than an AQ Niagara 7000 US retail.

If they price it at or undercut the Niagara 7000 (Their main competitor) as one member suggested, that would be ideal.

The Omega QR power cable priced aggressively 9K USD in a 2M compared to the AQ Dragon HC at $9800 for 2M.

Maybe not relevant but, flagship to flagship product competitor to competitor.

Post Thanks / Like

Whether we calculate the price based on the height differences of the mountains, or based on the price of any importer I have had access to, I can only say that the US customers are going to be very lucky.
    Francisco.
    Aries Cerat Kassandra Ref. MKII / Melco N1ZH60-2 / Audio Research Ref. 5 SE / Constellation Inspiration 1.0 Estťreo / Rockport Atria I / GŲbel XLR and RCA cables / GŲbel Ethernet and USB cables / MIT Magnum MA Speakers cables / Shunyata Denali 6000S V2 / Shunyata Sigma NR V1 (4) and Alfa NR V1 (2) / Kenneth Lau LPS for Router / Farad Sķper 3 LPS for Uptone EtherREGEN Switch / Entreq Olympus Infinity (4) / Entreq Eartha Olympus Infinity Cables (8) / Entreq Everest (8).

6. Likes UltraFast69 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mdp632 View Post
    I think you missed the humor of kzhtoo's post.

I'm betting and hoping it is under 10K US MSP and my personal guess is $9K-9500 USD so, less than an AQ Niagara 7000 US retail.

If they price it at or undercut the Niagara 7000 (Their main competitor) as one member suggested, that would be ideal.

The Omega QR power cable priced aggressively 9K USD in a 2M compared to the AQ Dragon HC at $9800 for 2M.

Maybe not relevant but, flagship to flagship product competitor to competitor.
    It looks like the humor in mine isnít coming accross... :-)

But I wrote that with a big smile I can assure you.

Weíll see what the price ends up being.

One thing is sure, Caelinís teasing is working wonders.

Cheers,
    Bernard

Post Thanks / Like

how much would you be willing to spend to know the price?
    nagra cd, tube dac, psu, audionet humboldt, wilson tunetot, odin, hms definitiva

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bernardl View Post
    ..One thing is sure, Caelinís teasing is working wonders.
    I pay zero attention to the teasing caper. When it's finally baked then I'll take an interest.
    Speakers: Magico M3, Q3, ACC, S-SUB | Electronics: Esoteric Grandioso | Amplification: Halcro |
    Analog cables: Crystal Cable | Digital cables: Shunyata Sigma
    On order: YG Acoustics Rack 1.4

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CGabriel View Post
    But seriously, we have something coming that will make Denali 6000/S owners happy.
    Donít ask because I canít say at the moment.
    Patience and enjoy the music my friend.
    Hi Caelin,

I recently preordered an Everest. I am presently running a Denali 6000 V2 preconditioned with a Typhon QR which to my ears and in my system sounds better than the Denali sans Typhon. Now that I see what youíve written, ďwe have something coming that will make Denali 6000/S owners happy,Ē should I rethink my purchase of the Everest as I am concerned about making a lateral move from my Denali v2/Typhon QR combination; especially since you donít give any details what is coming for Denali 6000 v2 owners. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RLF View Post
    Hi Caelin,

I recently preordered an Everest. I am presently running a Denali 6000 V2 preconditioned with a Typhon QR which to my ears and in my system sounds better than the Denali sans Typhon. Now that I see what youíve written, ďwe have something coming that will make Denali 6000/S owners happy,Ē should I rethink my purchase of the Everest as I am concerned about making a lateral move from my Denali v2/Typhon QR combination; especially since you donít give any details what is coming for Denali 6000 v2 owners. Thanks.
    If you want the best and can afford it, then get the Everest.
    I would keep the TQR and try it with the Everest and see if it is worth keeping.

Also the TQR can be used a standalone device for the amplifier. Many people are using the Typhon as a performance supercharger for their amplifiers.
    Caelin Gabriel
    President
    Shunyata Research

http://shunyata.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CGabriel View Post
    If you want the best and can afford it, then get the Everest.
    I would keep the TQR and try it with the Everest and see if it is worth keeping.

Also the TQR can be used a standalone device for the amplifier. Many people are using the Typhon as a performance supercharger for their amplifiers.
    Thanks, your input is most appreciated.

It should prove to be an interesting comparison. I would try the TQR with my Ayre MX-R 20 mono-blocks on their own dedicated AC lines, but unfortunately I only have one.

Maybe I will audition the Omega NR power cords with my mono-block amps since they are on their own dedicated AC line. I might also try to add them to the Everest along with my other gear on one dedicated AC line. Do you think that would be appropriate as Iím concerned that adding the amps to one AC line with my other gear might hinder dynamics?
    STEREO: Aurender N10, Ayre QX-5, Ayre KX-R TWENTY, Ayre MX-R TWENTY, PS Audio DirectStream & PS Audio DMP, Sonus Faber Stradivari, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 8 speaker cables, Shunyata Research Sigma and WireWorld Platinum Eclipse 8 interconnects, Shunyata Research Sigma & Synergistic Research Galileo power cords, Shunyata Denali 6000/S v2 with Shunyata Typhon QR, Dedicated 20amp AC lines with Oyaide Duplexes.

A/V SYSTEM: Sony A9G 77Ē OLED (main), Sony A9F 65Ē OLED, Sony A8G 65ĒOLED , Anthem MCA525, Anthem AVM 60, Lexicon DD-8 for Atmos, Sonus Faber Amati Futura L+R, ProAc Response CC, AT surrounds, Triad Atmos ceiling speakers x4 , JL112E, Oppo 203 & 103, TiVo Bolt, Apple 4KTV, Shunyata Research Denali 6000/S v2 & Shunyata Research Triton v3, Auralex room tx, black-out curtains, Audioquest speaker & HDMI cables, Shunyata Research Sigma & Venom V10NR power cords. Dedicated 20 amp AC lines.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast