Recent content by JDC

  1. J

    New Vintage Audio Restoration HQ

    Cool ! Yeah I just checked. it's some old Fornby's :)
  2. J

    New Vintage Audio Restoration HQ

    Oh....You'll be disappointed with me my friend... It was just "Forman's Tung oil'.' - I know it's not really tung oil but it happened to be in the cabinet under the kitchen sink.. Hey, It was there.. It was a $100 table..
  3. J

    New Vintage Audio Restoration HQ

    I suppose I have no way of knowing if it's real-deal teak. I think so because It looks like stone and there are no pores.
  4. J

    New Vintage Audio Restoration HQ

    Cheap cross-section teak side table for my stereo chair. I sanded it down to glass (1000), - thanks @Michaels HiFi for the previous advice. It's really dense and has no problem with water. No wonder they use it on boats. A few thin coats of an oil finish and It's fine with my martini glass...
  5. J

    Something happened with my Electric in the Storm the other night

    Lake Webster, (MA). But I learned how to pronounce it and even spell it at one point in my youth..
  6. J

    Something happened with my Electric in the Storm the other night

    When I was a kid my grandparents had a place on lake chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg. I'm serious. That's the name. My grandfather got the house plans from Sears catalog or somewhere and he, his brothers and my teenage father built it over a couple years.
  7. J

    Isoacoustics Gaia Speaker Isolation

    If you find someone that cuts marble in the US please let me know. Our(heavy) cat recently jumped up on the lip/overhang of an Italian marble end table, ~ 2x3' , the top was unconnected to the table, just sitting on it, and it flipped off and smashed on the floor..
  8. J

    Something happened with my Electric in the Storm the other night

    Same here. When I simply plug in my iPhone in the kitchen, the kitchen light sometimes goes out.... The house was built in 1950 and is probably not up to code.
  9. J

    What type of amps do you use? Tube? Solid State? Both? Hybrid?

    It's interesting with subs. My 501SPs have great bass, so your 703SPs must have incredible bass. - But that last octave!.... it sure makes a difference somehow. I hear the difference in solo piano music and string quartets! I think a cello's lowest fundamental is around 63Hz, but whether very...
  10. J

    What type of amps do you use? Tube? Solid State? Both? Hybrid?

    I bet that system sounds incredible.
  11. J

    What type of amps do you use? Tube? Solid State? Both? Hybrid?

    Primaluna EVO 300 integrated. (Tubes) It puts out about 35 watts and it works well with my Fynes. Happy camper, J
  12. J

    Synergistic Research

    I've had a similar experience with cords/wires.
  13. J

    My latest amp on the way -- NOT class D, NOT a clone, not even class A/B

    As a former jazz guitarist living in the USVI, (usually playing with a clean tone for people eating dinner) I loved class D. My amp weighed around 5 lbs. I would travel with that, a small speaker cabinet and my guitar. Sometimes I would have to put my gear in the car, in 90' humid weather, drive...
  14. J

    My latest amp on the way -- NOT class D, NOT a clone, not even class A/B

    Hey there Feanor, I'm sorry that you get somewhat verbally beat up here sometimes. (I feel like Mr. Rodgers, whom I loved as a kid). But you're special. There is only one person like you.... Anyway, why not try a decent reasonably-priced integrated tube amp at home. Hear and feel the width...
  15. J

    Newly release evidence in HiFi Science

    I love it! :) But wait, no p-value?..
Back
Top