What "Other" Hobbies Do You Enjoy? - Page 3
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What "Other" Hobbies Do You Enjoy?

Quote Originally Posted by Billion$Baby View Post
    Here is the readers digest version:

I have worked with people In the music industry for the past 33 years. I buy all the "souvenirs" they have acquired over the course of their careers (Gold Records, Autographed Guitars etc) and I find new homes for the ones I don't want. Over 9000 Gold Records to date and counting. You can check out my spoils on the Facebook page RIAA AWARD COLLECTORS.

I have a collection of over 5000 NFL Football games on DVD going back to the early 1970's...many complete with all commercials. I had Hundreds of games from the 1970's/Early 80's (On VHS) smuggled out of the CBS Vaults in New Jersey.

I am an avid Fantasy Football Player. Need to fill a spot in a competitive online draft league? Send me a PM with details.

I have lots of Stereo Equipment that I have never used or taken out of the sealed boxes. Its neater that way.

I collect Homeless (Feral) Cats and try to domesticate them.

In the past....I owned a Baseball Card/Comic Book store in the 1980's located on the infamous Route 9 (Born To Run) in New Jersey.
    Wow. Lots of interesting stuff there. No wonder you’re an audio enthusiast.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Amplification: Accuphase A200 (2)//C3800//C37
    Tuner: MagnumDynalab 108T/SE
    Table/Cart: ClearAudio Innovation // Lyra Kleos
    Speakers: TAD CR-1, REL S/3 SHO
    Power: Accuphase PS1230 (2)
    DAC/Spinner: PSAudio DirectStream DAC/ Memory Player
    Silenzio Music Server
    Verastarr Cables
    AudioDesk Systeme RCM
    Stillpoints - to near excess

Post Thanks / Like

My weekends are filled with golf and audio....
    Aurender N100H > Cary DAC 200ts > Audio Research Ref 6
    SoundField 1812 Quintessential
    Additional Rhythmik 15s for the neighbors....

3. Likes Mike liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm also into cycling (100+ mi/wk), table tennis (intermediate player), and pickleball (novice). I also spend a lot of time studying personal finance/investing. High-end audio is my meditation.
    Squeezebox Touch/Bel Canto DAC 3.5VB + Oppo 205 > Conrad Johnson CT5 preamp and Premier 350 amp > Martin Logan Expression 13A's and two ML BF210 subs. Audience Au24e I/C's, speaker cable. Member of the Suncoast Audiophile Society.

Post Thanks / Like

Another cyclist here. 100-125 miles a week.
    Anthony
    Analog: VPI CLASSIC 3/Ortofon A95> Nordost Valhalla XLR> ASR Basis Exclusive> Wireworld Gold XLR--->

Digital: AURENDER N10> Nordost Valhalla AES/EBU> CARY 306 SACD PRO>> WW Plat XLR--->

===> Cary SLP-05>> WW Gold XLR> Bryston 28B-SST2>> WW Silver> MARTIN LOGAN SPIRES

[Shunyata/Furutech/Blue Circle/SRA/Adona/ Stillpoints/Track Audio/GIK Acoustics]

Post Thanks / Like

I like cycling too!

Here is one of my road bikes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Power Conditioning, Filters & Switch: Nordost QRT Power Product Line, Furutech GTX-D NCF/GTX 105D, 20 AMP Dedicated w/Surge Protection, AQVox SE switch, Keces LPS P3 & P8 w/Nordost AC power and Ghent DC cables for the Gigafoil v4, modem, routers and switches.
    Cables, Isolation, Room Treatment: Nordost Supreme Reference (Odin) Distribution, Reference Line (Valhalla 2) Components and Speakers, HRS M3X Platforms & Damping Plates. Stillpoint’s Ultra 6/SS and Vicoustic Room Treatments
    Power & Sound: D’Agostino Pre-Amplifier to D’Agostino Momentum Mono’s driving Wilson Alexia’s
    Source and Digital: Aurender N10, Brinkmann Nyquist MKII

Post Thanks / Like

Outdoors: Hiking, Mountaineering, Ocean Kayaking and Nordic Skiing.

Indoors: Jazz Guitar (Charlie Byrd Style) and Indoor Rock Climbing.

Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with
    Two Mono Powerbases, Femto 33 Clock,
    Renderer V2 and Roon Nucleus Plus
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: AudioQuest Niagara 7000

Post Thanks / Like

Boating and fishing over the last few years but I just sold my boat since everything is catch and release here in Tampa Bay due to the red tide problems as of late.
    I travel a lots with the wife and have done lots of nature photography. 2 trips to Africa and 2 trips to Antarctica are the highlights. I even owned my own camera store and photo lab back in Marietta Ga. for over 15 years.
    I have done the saltwater fish tank and RC airplanes bit. Also dabbled with golf and tennis till I ripped both rotators. I love hobbies......never bored.
    Music and guitar playing were my first hobbies and most consuming and enduring.
    Used to love playing chess and collecting coins and stamps as a youngster......yep I was on the nerdy side.
    Larry

Lumin U1
    Chord Dave Dac
    Vac Master Preamp
    Vac 200IQ Amp
    Magico S3 Mk2 in Mcast Pewter
    Denali 6000S
    Ansuz and MIT cabling
    Timbernation walnut racks

Post Thanks / Like

For the last 3 months its been nothing but golf.
    Chris

(2 Chl): Kef 201/2, Pass xa30.5, W4S STP-SE Lumin D1, VPI Classic 1, Manley Chinook, Dynavector DV20x2L.exaSound e32 mk11, Marantz SA11S2. ( computer) Win7, Synology DS413 NAS ,Vincent SP-331MKII , Quicksilver LS,Vapor Audio Breeze, Rythmik F12se. Cables: Acoustic Zen, DL Labs, Blue Jean.. ,Bryston BCD-1,Timbernation Rack,

Post Thanks / Like

Yoga, biking and sourdough bread baking. Sadly running and golf not enough time or cartilage.
    Nick

Main system :TAD CR1 speakers, Viola Labs Symphony amp,Pass XP-20 preamp., MSB Discrete DAC with twin power supplies and V2 Renderer module, Gigafoil V4 inline ethernet filter with uptone LPS-1 power supply with Ghent audio Gotham 2.1mm to 2.5mm cable and AG diamond ethernet cable, Sonicorbitor Roon Audiophile 6 TB network server-player , MG Audio Design Planus III jumpers & speaker cables, Zitron Cobra power cords, Shunyata Hydra AV, and acoustic zen absolute copper IC,. Room treatment ASC tower traps, Vicoustic absorber premium cinema wall and ceiling panels, and MSR acoustic trifusser side wall panel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UltraFast69 View Post
    I like cycling too!

Here is one of my road bikes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Nice Cipollini!
    Anthony
    Analog: VPI CLASSIC 3/Ortofon A95> Nordost Valhalla XLR> ASR Basis Exclusive> Wireworld Gold XLR--->

Digital: AURENDER N10> Nordost Valhalla AES/EBU> CARY 306 SACD PRO>> WW Plat XLR--->

===> Cary SLP-05>> WW Gold XLR> Bryston 28B-SST2>> WW Silver> MARTIN LOGAN SPIRES

[Shunyata/Furutech/Blue Circle/SRA/Adona/ Stillpoints/Track Audio/GIK Acoustics]

12. Thanks UltraFast69 thanked for this post

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3