My girlfriend is not happy My girlfriend is not happy - Page 4
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: My girlfriend is not happy

put the bass traps in the corner touching the wall for a try.
    nagra cd, tube dac, psu, audionet humboldt, wilson tunetot, odin, hms definitiva

2. Likes kiwi_1282001 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It’s difficult to tell from the above photo but it looks as though the distance from the listening chair to the speakers exceeds the distance between the speakers. Is that correct? If that’s the case you’ve not followed the manufacturers recommended placement / set up instructions.

As mentioned by others try moving your listening chair to find a spot which yields the flattest and most linear bass response. While it can be done by ear, measurements are very helpful. Personally I find using a combination listening by ear and measurements indispensable. Good bass can frequently have more to do with room interaction than it does with loudspeaker brand or price – so changing your speakers may not yield the result you aspire to. A superior plan is to attempt unlocking the full potential of what you already have.

I’m also surprised to read your girlfriend’s comments about the tweeter lacking “sparkle” and “brightness”. In my experience, the Raidho tweeter is a work of art. Its frequency range and resolving abilities are very high and as mentioned in this thread even well-known loudspeaker brands using conventional dome tweeters lack the beauty and magic that ribbons project. The Raidho ribbon sounds present and alive.

This is just my opinion of course. YMMV.

Ps. I’m not familiar with the bass traps you are using but those that I am familiar with need to be physically placed in / against the corner boundary.
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi_1282001 View Post
    I’m also surprised to read your girlfriend’s comments about the tweeter lacking “sparkle” and “brightness”. In my experience, the Raidho tweeter is a work of art.
    If/when he measures and then surgically mitigates large bass peak(s) (via trivially easy EQ of said peaks) - will do wonders for the treble.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe stupid idea but why for the starter you don't place a rug on the floor as looking at the room as such, you have huge window behind speakers, floor is "naked" so lots of big reflection areas overall...I guess when you close the curtains behind, there are some changes in SQ so why not also trying with the floor and move from there as others suggested...
    LS: Vienna Acoustics Imperial Liszt
    PowerAmp: ARC REF 75 (KT150)
    PreAmp: ARC REF 6
    Source: Lampizator Pacific SE
    Streamer: LDMS Music Server
    CD player/Transport: Audio Analogue Maestro
    Power: IsoTek Sigmas EVO3
    Cabling: Shunyata (various), FTA (Final Touch Audio) - Ganymede RCA & XLR, Callisto USB, LS
    Rack: Finite Elemente Spider

6. Likes GSOphile liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Go audition some stuff and take her with you.
    Amplifier: Pass Labs INT 250 integrated.

DAC/Streamer: MSB Discrete Dual Power Supply.

Server: Roon Nucleus with lifetime subscription.

Speakers: Harbeth Super HL 5+ 40th Anniversary
    Model.

Cables: AudioQuest Rocket 88 speaker cables,
    Mackenzie interconnects.

Speaker Stands: HiFi Man.

8. Likes Shadowfax, FDPDK liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Micro Seiki SX-8000 air bearing table, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, PS Audio DSJ DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, and Definitive Technology Ref subs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bluegrassphile View Post
    Go audition some stuff and take her with you.
    And let her pay for it and she will be happy. I did that for my wife's car years ago and she still loves her car.
    Chris

(2 Chl): Pass xa30.5, W4S STP-SE Lumin D1, VPI Classic 1, Manley Chinook, Dynavector DV20x2L.exaSound e32 mk11, Marantz SA11S2. ( computer) Win7, Synology DS413 NAS ,Vincent SP-331MKII , Quicksilver LS,Vapor Audio Breeze, Rythmik F12se. Cables: Acoustic Zen, DL Labs, Blue Jean.. ,Bryston BCD-1,Timbernation Rack,

Post Thanks / Like

Linn Kilmax LP12 | Channel D | Valvet | Muse Elec. | Innuos | Klipsch

"One of the great challenges of this world: Knowing enough about a subject to think you are right, but not enough about the subject to know you're wrong" - Neil deGrasse Tyson

12. Likes cmarin, CPP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you have a near full loom of Ansuz gear. Any reason you haven’t gotten Ansuz speaker cables? Based on what I have been told full loom works well with Ansuz given their focus in inductance. I know the Rocket 88s fairly well and they are fairly entry level for AQ. You may want to borrow or try out a higher gauge cable. I went from Rocket 88s to older Mont Blanc and the sound was much more 3D and balanced. Then moved up all the way to Thunderbirds over the years and the differences were all very noticeable especially with clarity and transparency.

Edit: Want to add with Raidho speakers toe in is really important. If I am not mistaken they need to point to your shoulders. Otherwise highs may be impacted.
    -----------------------------------------
    Virtus RI-101, Martin Logan Impression 11A, Lumin T2, AudioQuest WEL and Thunderbird Zero

Post Thanks / Like

Quick update

1) Some people have suggested putting a rug on the floor. While this might help, it will create another problem. I use floor heating so a rug would insulate my floor and could even cause overheating

2) Cables all of the powercords are by Ansuz. Reason I haven't gone full Ansuz is costs. My speaker cable are the first to be replaced for a Ansuz when the funds are there. My 6meter long Purist Audio interlink. That might be costly. But I might place my setup differently so that I can use a 2 or 3 meter interlink.

3) Yesterday the owner of A10 audio and Imprezza who is active on this forum came over.
    a) We moved the speakers to a different position. A bit wider closer to the wall. Distance to the rear wall was not changed this helped for the soundstage
    b) The Daad4 bass traps were stacked on top of each other in a different corner. We listened in each corner where the most bass was build up and placed both bass traps there. This really helped a lot
    c) 3 Ansuz A series Darkz were placed under my preamp. hard to say what this did. It created a bit more rest, less noise. Hard to explain
    d) An Ansuz A series ethernet cable replaced my stock CAT6A cable. Not sure yet if this helped much. Will need to listen a bit more.

4) I still have a bass problem in the room. When people with a lower voice are speaking you can hear that the room amplifies it. A kind a rumble/echo. Not really sure how to deal with that. I don't want to damp too much. I'm afraid more absorption in the bass will also mean absorption in mid/high and I don't want that.

I need to google what the frequencies of the male voice are and see if any absorption is available for that. Maybe the GIK CT Alpha Series Corner Bass might be a good solution GIK in general look like they have good products. Like the 4A Alpha Pro Series Bass Trap Diffusor / Absorber.

All the tweaks did help and it really sounds better now. But the room still needs more work.
    Pre amp: Ocatve Phono Module Power amps: Octave MRE130 Turntable: SAC Girati Grande. Tonearm: Dynavector 507mkII Cartridge: Dynavector Ikeda 9TT Streamer: Aurender A10 Power Distributor: Anzus Mains D8 Speakers: Raidho X-3 Speaker Cables: AudioQuest Rocket 88 XLR Interlink: Ansuz A2, XLR Interlink: Purist Audio Design - Venustas Phono interlink: Cammino Serie 1.0 - PH 1.0s Power cables: Anzus Mains Ceramic, two Pom, Aluminium, X series Audio Rack: Rack of Silence 4 and 2.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast