Coronavirus Live Updates Coronavirus Live Updates - Page 38
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 28 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 48 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Coronavirus Live Updates

Quote Originally Posted by kzhtoo View Post
    Flu shot effectiveness varies by year. Just picking one year and say it’s only 46% is incomplete fact at best. By the way, 46% is still 46% better than 0%, which is no flu shot.

These aren’t facts. These are opinions and dangerous ones.
    Sorry to have to disagree. If not getting a Flu Shot gives you a 50/50 chance of getting it, getting the shot and having 46% still get the Flue means No shot gives you close to the same odds as getting one.

Did you even read the article I linked? I didn't make up the facts.

And yes, in my opinion, 100% or at least close would mean Effective but not 46%. And it is a crap shoot each year because they have to pick the 3 or 4 strands that they "Think" are needed a year ahead of time and they are rarely spot on.
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -
    Rotel 1072 CDP / Rega P3 > Luxman 505UX Mark II > Dynaudio Audience 82s > Synergistic Cables

Secondary - OPPO 93 > VAC CLA 1 MKII Pre > Odyssey Stratos > JM Labs Tantal 509s > Tara Labs Cables

Post Thanks / Like

Coronavirus Live Updates

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfax View Post
    Sorry to have to disagree. If not getting a Flu Shot gives you a 50/50 chance of getting it, getting the shot and having 46% still get the Flue means No shot gives you close to the same odds as getting one.

And yes, in my opinion, 100% or at least close would mean Effective but not 46%. And it is a crap shoot each year because they have to pick the 3 or 4 strands that they "Think" are needed a year ahead of time and they are rarely spot on.
    Like I said these are your opinions and dangerous ones. Thinking like this is one of the reasons this Covid-19 pandemic is much worse than it should have ever been.

BTW even in a year when the selected strands arenít an exact much, flu shot still lessen the severity of the flu and in many cases, that means life and death.

3. Thanks apdoc2004 thanked for this post
    Likes Puma Cat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

very useful information from a dr working on the front lines in nyc:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P7x...ature=youtu.be
    kanjiroba yak + roon rock > t+a dac8 dsd > almarro a318b > viking acoustics berlin r mk2 | alp-tone audio analog cables

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfax View Post

Respectfully, you're missing the bigger picture from a public health perspective. Vaccinations significantly reduces with statistical signifinance the no. of annual hospitilizations by 40-60%. With our healthcare stresssed to the max with the COVID-19 pandemic, reductions in non-COVID hospilizations is MISSION-CRITICAL. There were 500,000 hospitlizations due to influenza in years 2017/2018 alone.

Flu Burden.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
    Respectfully, you're missing the bigger picture from a public health perspective. Vaccinations significantly reduces with statistical signifinance the no. of annual hospitilizations by 40-60%. With our healthcare stresssed to the max with the COVID-19 pandemic, reductions in non-COVID hospilizations is MISSION-CRITICAL. There were 500,000 hospitlizations due to influenza in years 2017/2018 alone.

Flu Burden.jpg
    Very good points. It is important to be able to see the forest for the trees.

7. Likes Puma Cat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They say times like this bring out the best and the worst in us .................

https://6abc.com/officials-engineer-...mercy/6069459/
    Cheers ! Ö. Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nicoff View Post
    Very good points. It is important to be able to see the forest for the trees.
    Yes.

Post Thanks / Like

the source of corona - patient zero in china.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpQFCcSI0pU
    hifi:
    power: Audioplan Powerstar, Audioplan Finefilter, Audioplan Powerplant, Powercord
    tube amp: Jadis DA 50 Signature RC, Line Magnetic 508ia
    speaker: Living Voice Avatar 2
    turntable: Pro-Ject Xtension 10 + Ortofon Quintet Black MC
    phono stage: Remton 383 MKII
    cables: Audioplan Musicable bic 7a, Profigold, Wilbrand

home-cinema: Sony blu-ray, Yamaha rx v2700, Heco Metas 700 (4x), Heco center

Post Thanks / Like

Sharing an article written by a friend
    https://www.newsweek.com/2020/04/24/...n-1496321.html

2 Channel Stereo :
    Win10 Transport + Fidelizer 8 + JRMC 26 & HQPlayer | Job INT | Western Electric 12GA | Green Mountain Audio Eos HX

12. Likes Mike Lavigne, kzhtoo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

John Burns Murdoch at the Financial Times is doing an excellent job of tracking the COVID pandemic by different metrics. The "kinetics" of these curves is what is most informative.

Each figure has its own legend.

Rate of Increase of daily confirmed cases.
    Stars indicate countries and dates of National Lockdowns. USA has no National Lockdown in place.

Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 28 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 48 ... LastLast