What Music Server and Dac Will Out Perform My Turntable and Phono Preamp - Page 6
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What Music Server and Dac Will Out Perform My Turntable and Phono Preamp

Quote Originally Posted by mep View Post
    I didn’t say I enjoy all music, but I do play albums I like all the way through. It’s hard for me to find a jazz album from the late 1950s through the early 1960s that I would want to skip a track on.
    Yup, just listened to Sonny Rollins’ Saxophone Colossus. What track could you skip!

Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases, Femto 33 Clock, Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with Analysis Plus Ultimate Power Ovals

2. Likes Kuoppis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinist View Post
    Yup, just listened to Sonny Rollins’ Saxophone Colossus. What track could you skip!

Ken

None!
    Or you would deserve to be crucified!

I seldom skip tracks, but when I don't like an album, I won't lose my time on it, and move on to something else quickly.
    Vivid Audio - Burmester - Hegel - Marantz - Oppo - Pioneer 60" - Wireworld

4. Likes Alpinist, UltraFast69 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinist View Post
    I actually find that I become more engaged musically when I listen to an entire album or CD compared to jumping around to my favorite tracks. The music just seems to flow better.

Ken
    in this one for me I do it different, because there are so many poor albums around with just 1 great song, a few ok, and all the others are “room cleaners” (music that you turn on your own party when you like to finish the event). From the collection of great ones on all different albums I make my own playlist and have fun with my own mixture.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by u-sound View Post
    HA-N1Z/2EX-S40

this is the topmodel....looking at it myself
    This model is not available in Canada/US, we have to go with the H60 variant

Post Thanks / Like

yes, i just see, melco seem not to be a brand in usa.
    there is a dealer for melco in canada
    https://gramophone.mybigcommerce.com...sort=pricedesc
    i guess he would be able to get you whatever you want from melco. probably the new series will be in his shop soon anyway. he seems to discount the old one.

havent heard the melcos myself. as per friends the middle model with hdd is very good....then again the topmodel with ssd is said to be the best server to date. melco is not just assembling, they are computermanufactor of ssd and made a special audio ssd. that differs a lot comared to pc ssd, noisewise.
    nagra cd, tube dac, psu, audionet humboldt, wilson tunetot, odin

Post Thanks / Like

I own Melco so let me clear a couple things up. Melco is distributed by Luxman in the US, Gramophone is the Canadian Distributor. The SSD drives from Melco are licenced to another Manufacturer so they cannot be sold in the US or Canada, that is why we only get the 6TB spinning platter drive models. Trust me, I tried real hard to get the SSD variant but the Distributor could not convince Melco to send one, not even for "audition".

The Melcos could use some improvements in their user interface but sonically they do some wonders. Its a combination of their specialized and optimized drives as well as their ethernet "purifier". My X1 sounded considerably better being fed by the Melco than being directly connected to my home router.

9. Thanks Dizzie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You can buy all the Melco gear you want from Underwood HiFi.

https://www.underwoodhifi.com/products/melco
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Nuprime CDT-8, Auralic Aries G1, Aqua La Voce S3, Supratek Chardonnay, Van Alstine Vision SET-400, Verity Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC's , Triode Wire Lab PC's, USB & SC's, PS Audio Stellar P3, PI Audio Uberbuss, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Teac NT-505, Audia Flight FL Three S, Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Audio Sensibility SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    You can buy all the Melco gear you want from Underwood HiFi.

https://www.underwoodhifi.com/products/melco
    the ssd is not listed.

dznutz, that is very nasty. thx for the info.
    truly crazy

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't say nasty, as even the standard drives are very quiet, just simply a reality when dealing with the Japanese. They're very protective of their technology.

Post Thanks / Like

you could order from another country if you want it very badly

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast