(Solved) - Lumin Cannot Detect Music Server
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

(Solved) - Lumin Cannot Detect Music Server

Hello

I am using a USB device to read files from. When I select Music Library in the app I see NOTHING! Any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lumin Cannot Detect Music Server

Providing Peter with a little more information than that about your gear and setup might solicit a more useful suggestion.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Nuprime CDT-8, Auralic Aries G1, Aqua La Voce S3, Supratek Chardonnay, Van Alstine Vision SET 400, Verity Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC's , Triode Wire Lab PC', USB & SC's, PS Audio Stellar P3, PI Audio Uberbuss, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Teac NT-505, Audia Flight FL Three S, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Audio Sensibility SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Providing Peter with a little more information than that about your gear and setup might solicit a more useful suggestion.
    Ok...I have my Lumin hardwired to a Netgear extender. The WPS light is solid green. The light on the back of the Lumin where the network cable is Green and Amber. I did recently change internet providers and since then have had no luck having my Lumin Mini U to communicate with my USB (music server) it seems. I am able to use my IPAD and connect to the internet without issues. When I go to setup and select music library nothing happens. I have reboot, repowered , reinstalled and I don't know what else to do. Let me know if I can provide anymore info.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you re-booted the whole network chain or just the Lumin?
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Nuprime CDT-8, Auralic Aries G1, Aqua La Voce S3, Supratek Chardonnay, Van Alstine Vision SET 400, Verity Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC's , Triode Wire Lab PC', USB & SC's, PS Audio Stellar P3, PI Audio Uberbuss, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Teac NT-505, Audia Flight FL Three S, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Audio Sensibility SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Have you re-booted the whole network chain or just the Lumin?
    Yep..rebooted everything sequentially When I go to choose music library in the app...nothing available.

Post Thanks / Like

Lumin Cannot Detect Music Server

Quote Originally Posted by aniwolfe View Post
    Ok...I have my Lumin hardwired to a Netgear extender. The WPS light is solid green. The light on the back of the Lumin where the network cable is Green and Amber. I did recently change internet providers and since then have had no luck having my Lumin Mini U to communicate with my USB (music server) it seems. I am able to use my IPAD and connect to the internet without issues. When I go to setup and select music library nothing happens. I have reboot, repowered , reinstalled and I don't know what else to do. Let me know if I can provide anymore info.

Can you take any old laptop computer and connect it to the end of the cable that would normally plug into your Lumin, and surf the web? If no internet access is available at the end of that cable, then investigate your Netgear Extender to upstream router connectivity. You may have to reboot the router and extender and then do the WPS sequencing all over.

If you do have internet connectivity at the end of the cable that interfaces with your Lumin, then start looking at your USB to Lumin link and reboot the USB drive/device and/or start checking cables, IP settings on server, etc.

Does your server have both IP connectivity and USB connectivity direct to your Lumin? What Lumin model?
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MikeCh View Post
    Does your server have both IP connectivity and USB connectivity direct to your Lumin? What Lumin model?
    First part I am not sure...how do I check? All I know is that I have my USB cable from my Lumin connected to my WD Passport USB drive. The light on the USB drive is solid.

Model is Mini U

Post Thanks / Like

Can you use the Lumin as it's currently setup and get to Tidal or Qobuz but just not your server?

Post Thanks / Like

Is your USB Server connected via Ethernet cable or wirelessly to your home network? Is the USB server also directly connected via USB cable to the Lumin?

What is your USB Server?
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Mike

I thing he's just connecting a stand alone USB drive directly to the Lumin. Might want to plug that HD into a laptop or desktop and make sure it's still readable by them.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast