Magico A5 Official Release - Page 3
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magico A5 Official Release

Quote Originally Posted by GSOphile View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. I suspect these two will sound significantly different. I know the A3 and the S3 MkII do. To my ears the S3 MkII, with its diamond tweeter, has a more refined sound. On the other hand, the A5, with its third woofer, may have an edge in dynamics, as befits a speaker designed to excel in home theater applications.
    I agree. The refinement as you move up the Magico line just gives your more in terms of resolution and clarity.

Perhaps they are taking the German sedan approach ; offering 3 tiers.

Base (3 Series) Middle ( 340M) -> M3

A4 -> S4 -> RS4

You get the idea. Even at the base model you get a hell of a car and that BMW/Audi "Experience" if you will.

As you move up the line, more refinement, more precision but, that comes at a cost.

Likewise with an M3/RS4 you don't put cheap tires (Cables) or put regular gas in it (Emotiva amplifier )

Etc. you get the point lol

2. Likes PeterA liked this post
    Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brodricj View Post
    I dare say with the A5 on the horizon they probably won't sell another pair of S3Mk2.
    I said that about the A3 Vs S1 mk2. Turns out it was wrong. S1 still sells.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones & Loudspeakers, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SimAudio, Stein Music Products, Stenheim Loudspeakers, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

4. Likes Bob82 liked this post
    Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

In the store, I find the color options for the S series to be a huge benefit. You guys haven’t seen how encouraging a lovely wife can be when she knows they come in white or blue or similar. Just black is a limiting factor. Color options are a nice advantage to the S series.

As for the A5, I think it’s going to be a huge seller. Three 9’s, great specs, and the right price in the $20k range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones & Loudspeakers, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SimAudio, Stein Music Products, Stenheim Loudspeakers, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

6. Likes brodricj, DrGjerdesmett, Gene liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Definitely agree about the color options with the S series. I love my S5s, and they sound good too.
    Bud

Lumin X1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR for preamp, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.

8. Likes rrwmd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For me it’s going to take a monumental effort to resist 3 x 9” of sealed enclosure. That’s about 80% of S7’s 3 x 10”.

10. Likes brodricj liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mdp632 View Post
    I'm not sure. Anyways I didn't want to throw a grenade and derail the topic.

I commend Magico for expanding their product line with the more accessible A series.

It's truly grown their market share and IMHO puts them ahead of Wilson and YG in this regard.

They are youngest of the three companies but, now seem to have economies of scale going in their favor.

I think they have probably taken quite the market share away from Focal, B&W and KEF.

They played in that under 20k market ; until the A3 came along.

The A series is a true winner from Magico.

Is that really so?
    Maybe in the US, but it seems that the brand is losing momentum here in Western Europe.
    Dealers are ditching Magico, and sometimes change to YG, which is a growing brand here.
    B&W, Kef and Focal seem to do very well also.

I never liked their Q models, haven't heard the M models yet, but the S models I demoed were always to my liking.
    So I wish them all the best!
    Vivid Audio - Burmester - Hegel - Marantz - Oppo - Pioneer 60" - Wireworld

13. Thanks Dizzie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bart View Post
    Is that really so?
    Maybe in the US, but it seems that the brand is losing momentum here in Western Europe.
    Dealers are ditching Magico, and sometimes change to YG, which is a growing brand here.
    B&W, Kef and Focal seem to do very well also.

I never liked their Q models, haven't heard the M models yet, but the S models I demoed were always to my liking.
    So I wish them all the best!
    Well I did say "probably". I mean specifically with the A3 at its initial launch price (10k? MSRP)

I can say what a local dealer in the states told me who carries Magico as well some other fine but, bigger brands (B&W, Focal, KEF)

When the A3 came along; listening to other brands speakers in its price point. They sounded colored and like a box compared to the A3.

Those were the comments he received from a lot of customers who cross shopped comparatively priced speakers with the A3.

Needless to say, as the A series to continue to expand; I'd expect this to continue.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bart View Post
    ...I never liked their Q models, haven't heard the M models yet, but the S models I demoed were always to my liking.
    I've owned S, Q and M. I like all of them. I can't see myself owning any other speaker.

16. Likes Gene liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brodricj View Post
    I've owned S, Q and M. I like all of them. I can't see myself owning any other speaker.
    Loyal and repeat ownership is easily attained with Magico. Look forward to my journey as well.

Accuphase A-75, C-3850, DP-750, T-1200, C-37, P-530 / Magico S7, Mcoat Red w/Mpod / Synergistic Research Galileo SX Sp. Cables, Interconnects, Atmosphere X Euphoria PC's/ Clearaudio Innovation Wood, 9" Universal arm ,VTA adj. Outer Limit platter ring, Statement record clamp w/My Sonic Lab Ultra Eminent GX, Clearaudio Da Vinci V2 / Clearaudio Smart Power 24V Battery PSU / Magnum Dynalab Signal Sleuth / Synergistic Research PowerCell SX w/Galileo SRX PC, Active Ground Block SE w/high def cables, Black Box . Acoustic ART Vibratron ,Atmosphere Infinity w/Green ATM ,UEF Acoustic Dots ,UEF Acoustic Panels / Furutech GTX-D NCF outlets, GTX wall plate, NCF 105.1D outlet covers, NCF Booster. Flux-50 NCF / 20a dedicated line / SteinMusic H2 Harmonizers /Akiko Audio Corelli PLC / Adona Corp. Eris II 5C rack, Multi Element platforms / Symposium Acoustics Svelt Shelves, Precision Couplers, / KLAudio Ultrasonic RCM / Clearaudio Smart Matrix Pro. RCM

18. Likes Mike liked this post

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast