Accuphase E-800 - Page 7
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Accuphase E-800

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Accuphase E-800

For Half of that you can get one from Audio Cubes in NYC. For about 1/3 of that you can get it from Japan.
    Amps: D'agostino M400 Mono's, ARC REF 160M, Audio Note Jinro, First Watt SIT-3, Pass XA25, Valvet E2 SE, ARC 150M.

Pre-Amps: ARC REF 10, Ayre KXR Twenty, Luxman 900U, ARC MP-1 Multi-Channel, Conrad Johnson Met-1 Multi-Channel

Disc Spinners: Luxman D-08U, Esoteric K-01X 30th Anniversary/Black, Ayre DX5, Marantz SA-10

Speakers: Joseph Audio Pearl 3, Klipsch Forte III, Monitor Audio Gold 200, JBL 590, Audio Solutions Figaro M

Check out my Facebook Page RIAA AWARD COLLECTORS to see over 3200 authentic Music Industry Awards (Gold and Platinum Records) from my personal collection. New awards added every month. https://www.facebook.com/riaaawards

Post Thanks / Like

If I'm not mistaken, Luxman dropped prices on their top line gear about 25% when they went from an independent US distributor to company-owned US distribution several years ago. That said, I think I'm also hearing that Accuphase's US distributor may charge a higher markup than Accuphase distributors in other geos (?).

Post Thanks / Like

Correct GSOphile. The main factor is the US importer's approach to business.

4. Likes the professor liked this post
    Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSOphile View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, Luxman dropped prices on their top line gear about 25% when they went from an independent US distributor to company-owned US distribution several years ago. That said, I think I'm also hearing that Accuphase's US distributor may charge a higher markup than Accuphase distributors in other goes (?).
    https://giphy.com/gifs/loop-enthusiasm-9E5wP1RiPvnos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, EMM Labs, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SimAudio, Stein Music Products, Stenheim Loudspeakers, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Post Thanks / Like

I honestly donít know the details but if what mentioned is true, this US Accuphase distributor is solely responsible for preventing many interested parties to enjoy the Accuphase gears in the US.

Iím not sure what his or her calculation shows, in terms of comparison between less quantity with super high margin vs. more quantity with lower margin. But decision to go that route is an insult from consumer point of view.

Maybe, some of you will say to me that I have no idea what Iím talking about, which is true. But Iím waiting to be enlightened.

7. Likes joeinid, GreginNH liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The details (pricing) are right on the internet for anybody to see. Here is the link to Audio Union in Japan https://translate.google.com/transla...p/&prev=search Just convert YEN to USD.

Here is the price on AUDIO CUBES in New York City ($10,400) https://audiocubes.com/collections/amplifiers?page=2
    Amps: D'agostino M400 Mono's, ARC REF 160M, Audio Note Jinro, First Watt SIT-3, Pass XA25, Valvet E2 SE, ARC 150M.

Pre-Amps: ARC REF 10, Ayre KXR Twenty, Luxman 900U, ARC MP-1 Multi-Channel, Conrad Johnson Met-1 Multi-Channel

Disc Spinners: Luxman D-08U, Esoteric K-01X 30th Anniversary/Black, Ayre DX5, Marantz SA-10

Speakers: Joseph Audio Pearl 3, Klipsch Forte III, Monitor Audio Gold 200, JBL 590, Audio Solutions Figaro M

Check out my Facebook Page RIAA AWARD COLLECTORS to see over 3200 authentic Music Industry Awards (Gold and Platinum Records) from my personal collection. New awards added every month. https://www.facebook.com/riaaawards

9. Likes joeinid, kzhtoo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GreginNH View Post
    $21,000 is quite a bit of money for an integrated amp IMO. A certain dealer (who shall remain nameless) is already telling us to expect a price increase and most of this year's allocation of E-800s have been spoken for.

I guess if you are loyal to brand, price is not relevant. I've owned a couple of Accuphase intreated amps - nice gear, well built. I prefer Luxman and think it offers better value.
    This is the same Dealer that banned me for raising issue with the fact the Axiss ships all Accuphase gear by Ground Service, that is a slap in the face when paying this kind of money. Its also true that Accuphase NEVER made any power cables... they were all knockoffs, yet he was selling them proudly.

Post Thanks / Like

Another question is why Accuphase is okay with this?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GreginNH View Post
    $21,000 is quite a bit of money for an integrated amp IMO. A certain dealer (who shall remain nameless) is already telling us to expect a price increase and most of this year's allocation of E-800s have been spoken for.

I guess if you are loyal to brand, price is not relevant. I've owned a couple of Accuphase intreated amps - nice gear, well built. I prefer Luxman and think it offers better value.
    Why should that dealer remain "nameless" considering we all know who it is (At least to those that are members here and also that "other" forum, of which there are quite a few) and although there has been mention of a sell-out, never a peep about a price increase. Not sure why you would have a price increase when it just came on the market.
    Just to keep a perspective there are many examples of high-end integrated amps selling for far more than 21k. So,really no big deal here.

Accuphase A-75, C-3850, DP-750, T-1200, C-37, P-530 / Magico S7, Mcoat Red w/Mpod / Synergistic Research Galileo SX Sp. Cables, Interconnects, Atmosphere X Euphoria PC's/ Clearaudio Innovation Wood, 9" Universal arm ,VTA adj. Outer Limit platter ring, Statement record clamp w/My Sonic Lab Ultra Eminent GX, Clearaudio Da Vinci V2 / Clearaudio Smart Power 24V Battery PSU / Synergistic Research PowerCell Galileo SX w/Galileo SRX PC, Active Ground Block SE w/high def cables, Black Box . Acoustic ART Vibratron ,Atmosphere Infinity w/Green ATM ,UEF Acoustic Dots ,UEF Acoustic Panels / Furutech GTX-D NCF outlets, GTX wall plate, NCF 105.1D outlet covers, NCF Booster. Flux-50 NCF / 20a dedicated lines / SteinMusic H2 Harmonizers / Stillpoints Aperture II panels / HighEnd Novum PMR Mk.II/ Akiko Audio Corelli PLC, Phono Booster / Adona Eris 5C rack, Multi Element platforms / Symposium Acoustics Svelt Shelves, Precision Couplers, / KLAudio Ultrasonic RCM / Clearaudio Smart Matrix Pro. RCM

Post Thanks / Like

I was told by said dealer yesterday that there WAS going to be a price increase. Just reporting the news!

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast