Accuphase E-800 - Page 11
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11

Thread: Accuphase E-800

Post Thanks / Like

Accuphase E-800

Quote Originally Posted by dznutz View Post
    No, clearly "guarantee" was improperly used here. Just wanted my strong opinion on the matter to come through.

As everyone knows these electronics are serialized. Every successful Manufacturer I know of has territory restrictions that they enforce. I don't imagine that Audiocubes, who is not an Authorized Accuphase Dealer in North America can continue to source, import and sell equipment not destined for this Market, as a full time business no less. I would imagine the serial numbers are either removed, modified or replaced to avoid the source in Japan, or elsewhere, being exposed. Even if Accuphase doesnt care Im sure if Axiss or Audio Alliance contacted them with this complaint and serial numbers they would act.
    The existence of Audio Cubes is clearly a by-product of the business practice of US Accuphase distributor and the alike. Maybe we should have a strong opinion about that.

2. Likes XV-1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Accuphase E-800

Quote Originally Posted by dznutz View Post
    No, clearly "guarantee" was improperly used here. Just wanted my strong opinion on the matter to come through.

As everyone knows these electronics are serialized. Every successful Manufacturer I know of has territory restrictions that they enforce. I don't imagine that Audiocubes, who is not an Authorized Accuphase Dealer in North America can continue to source, import and sell equipment not destined for this Market, as a full time business no less. I would imagine the serial numbers are either removed, modified or replaced to avoid the source in Japan, or elsewhere, being exposed. Even if Accuphase doesnt care Im sure if Axiss or Audio Alliance contacted them with this complaint and serial numbers they would act.
    perhaps you should leave your imagination to yourself if you have no direct knowledge of anything you are saying.

Both items I bought were brand new, had serial numbers and did not look tampered with at all
    Source: TW Raven AC-3 - Thales Simplicity II, Graham Phantom, SME 3012-R, Exclusive P3,Technics SL-1000MK3D,Linn LP12 - Naim ARO
    Cartridges: Lyra Atlas SL Etna SL, Delos, Dynavector XV-1s,Technics EPC100mk4, Ortofon A90, GM Royal, GM Classic, Denon ESC'd 103R, DL-S1, Audio Technica AT25, OC9II, Linn ESC'd Troika
    Phono Stage: TW Acustik phono, Accuphase C-37
    EQ: ​DEQX HDP-4
    Preamp: conrad johnson GAT,
    Amps: conrad johnson teflon premier 8a's, D'Agostino Momentum S250
    Speakers: Wilson Maxx3

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Accuphase E-800

Glad to hear you are happy. One way to confirm is for you to reach out to Accupahse Japan with the Serial number and confirm who the original Dealer is. If its been tampered with you will know then.

There is also no way for me to have direct knowledge as I would never spend any money on a 100V device.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11