Audionet STERN & HEISENBERG - Page 2
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Audionet STERN & HEISENBERG

They look cool. I am guessing that they are ridiculously expensive though .
    McIntosh MA252 w/Gold Lion Tubes | T+A DAC 8 DSD | Falcon Northwest PC | Roon & HQPlayer | Microsoft Surface Pro 6 | W4S Recovery | U-Turn Orbit Special | SimAudio MOON 110LP v2 | Ortofon 2M Bronze | Record Doctor V | McIntosh MR7083 | Oppo BDP-105 | KEF R700 | ELAC Debut 2.0 SUB3010 | AudioQuest Niagara 1000 | Astell&Kern AK240 | Audeze LCD-i4 | T+A AMP 8

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ritmo View Post
    They certainly look good. The question, how do they sound?
    Hi Mike,

I auditioned the Stern preamp and 4 Heisenberg monoblocks on the YG Acoustics Sonja Anniversary XV speakers. The Stern and Heisenberg are true reference components in performance.

Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with
    Two Mono Powerbases, Femto 33 Clock,
    Renderer V2 and Roon Nucleus Plus
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000

3. Thanks Ritmo thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Myers View Post
    They look cool. I am guessing that they are ridiculously expensive though .
    As of February 2019 (unless pricing has changed since then): Stern- $45,000, Heisenberg- $105,000 (pair).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by audio.bill View Post
    As of February 2019 (unless pricing has changed since then): Stern- $45,000, Heisenberg- $105,000 (pair).
    And don’t expect much discount off retail due to the U.S. Distributor/Dealer monopoly.

Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with
    Two Mono Powerbases, Femto 33 Clock,
    Renderer V2 and Roon Nucleus Plus
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000

Post Thanks / Like

There you go, more components that are completely un-affordable for a vast majority of audiophiles, let alone any average people what so ever.
    McIntosh MA252 w/Gold Lion Tubes | T+A DAC 8 DSD | Falcon Northwest PC | Roon & HQPlayer | Microsoft Surface Pro 6 | W4S Recovery | U-Turn Orbit Special | SimAudio MOON 110LP v2 | Ortofon 2M Bronze | Record Doctor V | McIntosh MR7083 | Oppo BDP-105 | KEF R700 | ELAC Debut 2.0 SUB3010 | AudioQuest Niagara 1000 | Astell&Kern AK240 | Audeze LCD-i4 | T+A AMP 8

7. Likes Alpinist liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

so now after a couple of monthes, how are Things going with the audionets?

Post Thanks / Like

Just posted this in the Humboldt thread regarding my thoughts after having the Stern / Heisenberg on demo for a while.

Take it as read they do detail etc as per other high-end amps, but a few things are standout. First and foremost is the low noise floor, which I suspect is a big driver of the other aspects that are noteworthy, namely sound-staging and jump-factor.
    Soundstaging is about the best I've heard, not only in front to back and width, but in the air and defined space around each instrument / voice etc.
    The jump factor is what keeps me engaged in the music and is why I prefer them to CH etc. The dynamics are incredible, and suspect the outright power available is also a factor in terms of outright grip.
    Tonally these are the best SS amps I've heard, to the point where you may not pick them as SS in blind testing.
    The final aspect which is noteworthy is how unstressed these amps sound. You can listen full-on for long periods with no stress, strain or fatigue, even on music and instruments you'd normally expect to, e.g. piano.

One observation - I think the Heisenbergs are the star of the show here. The Stern pre is good (arguably better than a CH L1), but think the power amps make the pairing world-class.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by heihei View Post
    Just posted this in the Humboldt thread regarding my thoughts after having the Stern / Heisenberg on demo for a while.

Take it as read they do detail etc as per other high-end amps, but a few things are standout. First and foremost is the low noise floor, which I suspect is a big driver of the other aspects that are noteworthy, namely sound-staging and jump-factor.
    Soundstaging is about the best I've heard, not only in front to back and width, but in the air and defined space around each instrument / voice etc.
    The jump factor is what keeps me engaged in the music and is why I prefer them to CH etc. The dynamics are incredible, and suspect the outright power available is also a factor in terms of outright grip.
    Tonally these are the best SS amps I've heard, to the point where you may not pick them as SS in blind testing.
    The final aspect which is noteworthy is how unstressed these amps sound. You can listen full-on for long periods with no stress, strain or fatigue, even on music and instruments you'd normally expect to, e.g. piano.

One observation - I think the Heisenbergs are the star of the show here. The Stern pre is good (arguably better than a CH L1), but think the power amps make the pairing world-class.
    Wow. Ever compare them other Swiss brands? Such as Soulution? If you want , can you share other details of your system? For example; speakers and source?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mdp632 View Post
    Wow. Ever compare them other Swiss brands? Such as Soulution? If you want , can you share other details of your system? For example; speakers and source?
    Yes - I've spent quite a bit of time with CH. The L1 is stunning, both with and without the X1 - great flow alongside precision, detail etc. The Stern beats a bare L1 for me on soundstage - more around the defined spacing of voices instruments etc. Adding the X1 to the L1 eclipses the Stern as it adds that spacing.
    The power amps are good, but not exceptional IMHO, especially for the price. They do not bring enough drama into the music for me.
    I don't get the digital side of CH, but others do, and this is a thread on amps.
    I've heard Soulution briefly in my system and liked what it did. If I'd had a dealer closer by, I would have explored it more. I tried the 5 series pre, power and DAC and thought was great - had that sense of drama.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by heihei View Post
    Post 1: I think the Heisenbergs are the star of the show here. The Stern pre is good (arguably better than a CH L1), but think the power amps make the pairing world-class.

Post 2: The power amps are good, but not exceptional IMHO, especially for the price. They do not bring enough drama into the music for me.
    I don't get the digital side of CH, but others do, and this is a thread on amps.
    I've heard Soulution briefly in my system and liked what it did. If I'd had a dealer closer by, I would have explored it more. I tried the 5 series pre, power and DAC and thought was great - had that sense of drama.
    Heihei, could you please elaborate on those two posts of yours, they kind of state opposite things. Did you at the end like the new Audionet sound signature or not?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Benz Micro Gullwing SLR MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Soulution 520 preamp with phono/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist MK II/ Soulution 511/ WyWires Platinum ICs/ Semi-active Lansche Audio 4.2 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ 2x Audioquest Thunder HD for LS/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata AlphaHC (x2)+Alpha+Alpha Analogue+Alpha Digital/ Finite Elemente Pagode/ Stillpoints Ultra SS.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Ayre Codex/ Auralic Aries Mini/ Sbooster LPSU/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast