Why no turntable? - Page 53
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3 43 48 49 50 51 52 53
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why no turntable?

They are renting pinball machines. Its a hot market in this lockdown.

Post Thanks / Like

I actually have four sources, but really only listen to two. I listen to digital and I listen to vinyl. I will probably be listening a bit more to digital in the coming days ... after breaking a stylus I know I need to be much more careful when playing vinyl. It is not that I feel one is better than the other; I enjoy both for very different reasons.

I also have a very nice tuner. I don't listen to radio often but sometimes I like having it mainly in the background. I also have a CD/SACD spinner. This I never spin a disk with. I use it for the occasional rip of a disk (SACD) or if a friend brings over a silver disk they want to listen to; again this is very rare.
    Hattor "The Big" Passive | T+A AMP 8 | Rega RP8 | Ortofon 2M Bronze | SimAudio MOON 110LP v2 | Record Doctor V | T+A DAC 8 DSD | Falcon Northwest PC Server | Roon & HQPlayer Software | Microsoft Surface Pro 6 | Wyred 4 Sound Recovery | McIntosh MR7083 | Oppo BDP-105 | KEF R700 | ELAC Debut 2.0 SUB3010 | AudioQuest Niagara 1000 | Astell&Kern AK240 | Audeze LCD-i4

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Myers View Post
    I actually have four sources, but really only listen to two. I listen to digital and I listen to vinyl. I will probably be listening a bit more to digital in the coming days ... after breaking a stylus I know I need to be much more careful when playing vinyl. It is not that I feel one is better than the other; I enjoy both for very different reasons.

I also have a very nice tuner. I don't listen to radio often but sometimes I like having it mainly in the background. I also have a CD/SACD spinner. This I never spin a disk with. I use it for the occasional rip of a disk (SACD) or if a friend brings over a silver disk they want to listen to; again this is very rare.
    How did you break a stylus Randy?
    Micro Seiki SX-8000 air bearing table, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, PS Audio DSJ DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, and Definitive Technology Ref subs.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh it was not good. There was alcohol involved and I decided to change stylus and put the bronze on. No big deal there, but putting the stylus guard on (a really stupid design I might add) I slipped and the rest is history ... At least I have the bronze so I am still up and running...
    Hattor "The Big" Passive | T+A AMP 8 | Rega RP8 | Ortofon 2M Bronze | SimAudio MOON 110LP v2 | Record Doctor V | T+A DAC 8 DSD | Falcon Northwest PC Server | Roon & HQPlayer Software | Microsoft Surface Pro 6 | Wyred 4 Sound Recovery | McIntosh MR7083 | Oppo BDP-105 | KEF R700 | ELAC Debut 2.0 SUB3010 | AudioQuest Niagara 1000 | Astell&Kern AK240 | Audeze LCD-i4

Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3 43 48 49 50 51 52 53