Gryphon Mojo S Review - Page 4
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 57
  1. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Somerset, UK
    Posts
    54
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gryphon Mojo S Review

    Hi Alex - another great video. Excellent insight into Dynaudio. Maybe you should do same with Gryphon?!

    Yes, after a while I came to much appreciate what Serenity did with the Mojo. It gave great smoothness, refinement and body to the sound It played very well at low volume; but became a little too 'thick' at higher volume. When I put the Naim cable back in it sounded more airy, neutral, faster but not quite so emotive. The greatest difference was soundstage with Serenity = huge; with Naim cable it shrank too small. What I really need is something right in the middle Naim's airiness and attack and Serenity's soundstage. This week I test AQ Thunderbird and Jorma.

    Look forward to the 30 report. They'd have to be very, very good to push out the Mojo. I do wonder whether the 3-way design would enable greater coherence compared to Mojo's 2-way.




    Quote Originally Posted by TechnicalPie View Post
    Hi Ian!
    Thank you for your kind words!
    I also do photography.
    My first education is a cameraman.


    Have you tested Serenity with Mojo?
    In principle, this cable should not hide details in music. It is considered to be both detailed and melodic.


    Confidence 30 should be brought to our salon next week.
    I will listen to them carefully. It's hard for me to say better Mojo or better Confidence 30.
    I need to listen carefully to them together.
    Confidence 30 is completely different. Another twitter, another "character" in the music.

    Dynaudio. No2.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjQiTkChc-Q&t=1s

  2. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    108
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gryphon Mojo S Review

    Hi Ian!
    Soon I’m going to the Kharma Audio factory!
    To the town of Breda, the Netherlands!
    You guessed it ... the tour to the Gryphon Audio Design is scheduled for early next year)

    I know the cables from Jorma well.
    I often listened to them with Marten Audio speakers.
    But I don’t know how they will play with Gryphon Mojo.


    In this competition, I bet on AQ)


    Next week I am going to an exhibition in Warsaw.
    After that I will write about the Confidence 30 tests!
    Alex


    P.S. Subscribe to my channel on YouTube) There are many interesting things)



    Quote Originally Posted by eagle3333 View Post
    Hi Alex - another great video. Excellent insight into Dynaudio. Maybe you should do same with Gryphon?!

    Yes, after a while I came to much appreciate what Serenity did with the Mojo. It gave great smoothness, refinement and body to the sound It played very well at low volume; but became a little too 'thick' at higher volume. When I put the Naim cable back in it sounded more airy, neutral, faster but not quite so emotive. The greatest difference was soundstage with Serenity = huge; with Naim cable it shrank too small. What I really need is something right in the middle Naim's airiness and attack and Serenity's soundstage. This week I test AQ Thunderbird and Jorma.

    Look forward to the 30 report. They'd have to be very, very good to push out the Mojo. I do wonder whether the 3-way design would enable greater coherence compared to Mojo's 2-way.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  3. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Somerset, UK
    Posts
    54
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gryphon Mojo S Review

    Hi Alex,

    Another very nicely recorded video and I've now subscribed to your channel.

    I'm still waiting for the AQ and Jorma. Next week, I think. I'll let you know what happens. I also think the new Essence amplification will give me the slightly softer edges I seek - Class A power. Look forward to hearing that next year. Perhaps you'll hear it at a show soon? Your video has got me thinking back to Pantheon for the bigger soundstage/extension/coherence, but at 12 feet wide, my room is just not quite wide enough, I think. If I move house, perhaps...

    Enjoy Kharma!




    Quote Originally Posted by TechnicalPie View Post
    Hi Ian!
    Soon Iím going to the Kharma Audio factory!
    To the town of Breda, the Netherlands!
    You guessed it ... the tour to the Gryphon Audio Design is scheduled for early next year)

    I know the cables from Jorma well.
    I often listened to them with Marten Audio speakers.
    But I donít know how they will play with Gryphon Mojo.


    In this competition, I bet on AQ)


    Next week I am going to an exhibition in Warsaw.
    After that I will write about the Confidence 30 tests!
    Alex


    P.S. Subscribe to my channel on YouTube) There are many interesting things)

  4. Likes TechnicalPie liked this post
  5. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Somerset, UK
    Posts
    54
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gryphon Mojo S Review

    ..oh - and I notice those 30's have subs in that picture! I'd rather buy 60's than a pair of top-end subs!

  6. #35
    Audioshark
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Sarasota, FL
    Posts
    24,830
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gryphon Mojo S Review

    Quote Originally Posted by eagle3333 View Post
    ..oh - and I notice those 30's have subs in that picture! I'd rather buy 60's than a pair of top-end subs!
    With subs you can EQ and control the bass in the room. You canít with the 60ís. Audiophiles aversion to subs is astonishing.

    There is a reason the leading speaker manufacturers also make subs. Itís not for a deficiency in their speakers, itís for a complete listening experience and control over the most difficult thing in a room: the bass.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

    "We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

    Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, Constellation Audio, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones & Loudspeakers, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SimAudio, Stein Music Products, Stenheim Loudspeakers, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

    https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

  7. Likes TechnicalPie liked this post
  8. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Somerset, UK
    Posts
    54
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gryphon Mojo S Review

    Thanks for the comment, Mike. My remark comes from 1) a level of some ignorance and 2) a wish to minimise eqpt. I agree about 'control' re: bass.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    With subs you can EQ and control the bass in the room. You canít with the 60ís. Audiophiles aversion to subs is astonishing.

    There is a reason the leading speaker manufacturers also make subs. Itís not for a deficiency in their speakers, itís for a complete listening experience and control over the most difficult thing in a room: the bass.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. Likes TechnicalPie liked this post
  10. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    108
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gryphon Mojo S Review

    Thanks!
    I remember when, in 2016, Rune introduced the new Mojo.
    I recorded the video then)

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xApNG6MuqC8&t=2s

    Quote Originally Posted by eagle3333 View Post
    Hi Alex,

    Another very nicely recorded video and I've now subscribed to your channel.

    I'm still waiting for the AQ and Jorma. Next week, I think. I'll let you know what happens. I also think the new Essence amplification will give me the slightly softer edges I seek - Class A power. Look forward to hearing that next year. Perhaps you'll hear it at a show soon? Your video has got me thinking back to Pantheon for the bigger soundstage/extension/coherence, but at 12 feet wide, my room is just not quite wide enough, I think. If I move house, perhaps...

    Enjoy Kharma!

  11. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    108
    Post Thanks / Like

  12. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Somerset, UK
    Posts
    54
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gryphon Mojo S Review

    Quote Originally Posted by TechnicalPie View Post

    Too much, Alex! I wish I could have the Pantheons here. 12 feet just isn't quite wide enough for them and they dominate my lounge too much. Wonderful sound; great video and SQ again.

    I have finished demoing Confidence 30 and Mojo side by side. Very interesting. The 30's are a really superb speaker. With Gryphon amplification I want Dyn' for classical and jazz and Mojo for everything else. So it's a really tough choice which to finally buy. The 30's convey size of space much more than Mojo and have a super smooth, refined sound; big stage. Glorious on string instruments. But the lower mid range and bass is slow and overhangs a bit - just like it does on my Contour 60's. This is perfect for, let's say, 'fast' amplification like Naim, but too sleepy with Gryphon. Mojo much faster, more slam, snap and dynamics; better on string and guitar instruments than Dyn. Slightly smaller stage but more air, less 'thickness' than Dyn. Dyn has no heat at top of treble; Mojo does - which I don't like. Cables are probably the answer. They won't speed-up the Dyns but they will give the Mojo more stage size and take some heat off the highest frequency. This is all I need to make Mojo perfect. The Argento Serenity achieved this but with a little too much thickness. I'm trying to get some Flow to try. No one seems to be able to supply Gryphon's VIP - which is probably the final solution, but at big price.

  13. #40
    Audioshark
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Sarasota, FL
    Posts
    24,830
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Gryphon Mojo S Review

    Quote Originally Posted by eagle3333 View Post
    Too much, Alex! I wish I could have the Pantheons here. 12 feet just isn't quite wide enough for them and they dominate my lounge too much. Wonderful sound; great video and SQ again.

    I have finished demoing Confidence 30 and Mojo side by side. Very interesting. The 30's are a really superb speaker. With Gryphon amplification I want Dyn' for classical and jazz and Mojo for everything else. So it's a really tough choice which to finally buy. The 30's convey size of space much more than Mojo and have a super smooth, refined sound; big stage. Glorious on string instruments. But the lower mid range and bass is slow and overhangs a bit - just like it does on my Contour 60's. This is perfect for, let's say, 'fast' amplification like Naim, but too sleepy with Gryphon. Mojo much faster, more slam, snap and dynamics; better on string and guitar instruments than Dyn. Slightly smaller stage but more air, less 'thickness' than Dyn. Dyn has no heat at top of treble; Mojo does - which I don't like. Cables are probably the answer. They won't speed-up the Dyns but they will give the Mojo more stage size and take some heat off the highest frequency. This is all I need to make Mojo perfect. The Argento Serenity achieved this but with a little too much thickness. I'm trying to get some Flow to try. No one seems to be able to supply Gryphon's VIP - which is probably the final solution, but at big price.
    Is that even a fair comparison? The Mojo Sís are $30,000 here. Arenít the 30ís $20K? Price aside, how would you compare the bass? The Mojo S is a nice little speaker, but for $20K more, you get into a completely different league with the Pantheon.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

    "We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

    Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, Constellation Audio, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones & Loudspeakers, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SimAudio, Stein Music Products, Stenheim Loudspeakers, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

    https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

  14. Likes TechnicalPie liked this post
 

 
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast