Classical Music Only | What You're Listening to Now, Or Very Recently | Any Mediums : - Page 144
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 144 of 144 FirstFirst ... 44 94 134 139 140 141 142 143 144
Results 1,431 to 1,434 of 1434
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Classical Music Only | What You're Listening to Now, Or Very Recently | Any Mediums :

Mendelssohn - Violin Concerto - Symphony no. 5 - The Hebrides
    Freiburger Barockorchester, Pablo Heras-Casado
    Isabelle Faust, violin
    Qobuz 24/96

We're just back from Bruges where we saw Collegium Vocale, directed by Philippe Herreweghe. This ensemble celebrates its 50th birthday!
    A programme with motets from Mendelssohn.
    This in the Bach weekend, the 10th organised in Brugge.
    Because Mendelssohn was instrumental (pun intended) in reviving Bach, and also because he composed religious music inspired by the great master, this cooncert fitted perfectly in a Bach weekend.
    These motets are wonderful pieces, seldom played and recorded.
    Herreweghe admitted they were new for him too.
    I'm going to examine these on Qobuz, but a quick first search was fruitless.

So I played this wonderful album, also with a baroque orchestra that plays Mendelssohn.
    You can hear this, and it is a nice flavour.
    Vivid Audio - Burmester - Hegel - Marantz - Oppo - Pioneer 60" - Wireworld

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Classical Music Only | What You're Listening to Now, Or Very Recently | Any Mediums :

Quote Originally Posted by Alkyogre View Post
    For tonight a well known cd from Einaudi, elements. Lots of marketing on this: lots of sound, sadly this is not my thing and in my opinion an overrated album.

It's not entirely my thing either, but... it attracts young people.
    We experienced this during a concert of his, a couple of years ago.
    A lot of youngsters cheering as if he were Justin Bieber!

My youngest daughter loves him (we took her with us).
    She plays the piano, and his pieces are easier to play than Bach or Satie.
    She started to play and listen to Einaudi and now listens to Satie, Chopin and Ravel.

Post Thanks / Like

Classical Music Only | What You're Listening to Now, Or Very Recently | Any Mediums :

Sibelius Symphonies 1-7, Berliner Philharmoniker conducted by Sir Simon Rattle.

Clear vinyl, half-speed mastered, seven LP box, limited to 2.000 copies (641/2000). Excellent performance, very nice SQ.

Symphony #1.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Benz Micro Gullwing SLR MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Soulution 520 preamp with phono/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist MK II/ Soulution 511/ WyWires Platinum ICs/ Semi-active Lansche Audio 4.2 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ 2x Audioquest Thunder HD for LS/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata AlphaHC (x2)+Alpha+Alpha Analogue+Alpha Digital/ Finite Elemente Pagode/ Stillpoints Ultra SS.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Ayre Codex/ Auralic Aries Mini/ Sbooster LPSU/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

Post Thanks / Like

Shostakovich
    Rachmaninoff
    - Sonatas for cello and piano
    Alexander Warenberg
    Guiseppe Guarrera

trptk
    Qobuz 24/96

Very beautiful sonatas.
    If you're in a rather mellow mood, don't be afraid, this is very 'sweet' music!
    Wonderfully recorded, as always with trptk.

Page 144 of 144 FirstFirst ... 44 94 134 139 140 141 142 143 144