Magico SPOD - New! - Page 8
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magico SPOD - New!

In follow up on this. I’m about to buy a set of Spod8 for my S5 mk1 from somebody who now uses them on his S1 mk2. This will not work? And what do I need to convert?

Quote Originally Posted by brodricj View Post
    For the benefit of anybody who might be considering buying used SPOD.

Be aware the Magico SPOD "Direct installation on S1Mk II, S3Mk II, S5Mk II, V2, V3, Q1, Q3, Q5" might lead you to assume that SPOD is directly interchangeable between all those speaker models. They are not. The Mk2 speakers have a different thread pitch to the non-Mk2 speakers. So if you buy used SPOD that were installed on Q1/3/5, they will not directly fit S1/3/5Mk2. You will need to use a 3/8-16 Internal, 1/2-13 External, UNC, 1/2" Insert Length adapter such as on the speaker. Or you will need to extract the threaded stud and adapter that is installed in the top of the SPOD body and replace it with the appropriate stud. This might be tricky as the thread adapter + stud are fastened in with loctite, you might get the stud out but not the adapter.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for joining, Invader.
    Joe

Avantgarde Duo XD, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M, JBL 590.

Job INTegrated, Naim Supernait 2 w/ HiCap-DR.

Conrad Johnson GAT2, Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2, Misho Myronov Wooden pre.

Misho Myronov Wooden amp, First Watt SIT-3 (X2 - one as backup), Job 250 Monos, Valvet E2se, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos.

Lumin U1 mini, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, Audio Mirror Tubadour III NOS R2R Tube Dac w/ upgrades.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

3. Likes Invader liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Invader View Post
    In follow up on this. I’m about to buy a set of Spod8 for my S5 mk1 from somebody who now uses them on his S1 mk2. This will not work? And what do I need to convert?
    Mike would have all the details but IIRC the outriggers on the mk1 model require a separate version of the spod that has an adapter built in. It's slightly more expensive too i believe.

Post Thanks / Like

If it turns out you buy Spods with incompatible studs, they can be changed to the correct studs for your speaker at the factory.

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Best to contact Magico. They will have the list of proper thread sizes.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones & Loudspeakers, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SimAudio, Stein Music Products, Stenheim Loudspeakers, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

7. Thanks Invader thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello,

In a few days, I’ll receive a pair of S3 Mk II.

I added a set of SPODs to my order.

I’m looking for the diameter of the floor protection chits?

I would like to add some Teflon glider patches, it’ll make it easier to move the speakers when adjusting placement.

Thanks for the help,

Cheers,

Thomas

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum Thomas!

Quote Originally Posted by Thoms View Post
    Hello,

In a few days, I’ll receive a pair of S3 Mk II.

I added a set of SPODs to my order.

I’m looking for the diameter of the floor protection chits?

I would like to add some Teflon glider patches, it’ll make it easier to move the speakers when adjusting placement.

Thanks for the help,

Cheers,

Thomas
    Joe

Avantgarde Duo XD, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M, JBL 590.

Job INTegrated, Naim Supernait 2 w/ HiCap-DR.

Conrad Johnson GAT2, Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2, Misho Myronov Wooden pre.

Misho Myronov Wooden amp, First Watt SIT-3 (X2 - one as backup), Job 250 Monos, Valvet E2se, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos.

Lumin U1 mini, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, Audio Mirror Tubadour III NOS R2R Tube Dac w/ upgrades.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thoms View Post

Iím looking for the diameter of the floor protection chits?
    Magico call them floor savers. And how do you propose to bond the teflon to the stainless steel? You don't need to know the diameter, just cut oversize, glue and then trim with a sharp knife.

Post Thanks / Like

IMG_0262.jpg

I made these for my A3s. Cheap and easy. The Teflon pads have a sticky tape on one side. Just place and press and your ready to go.
    Speakers: Magico A3
    Subs: SVS1000 (2)
    Amp: Bryston 4BSST
    Preamp: NAD M12
    CD/DVD: Oppo 205
    Music Streamer: Lumin T2
    Roon Core: sonicTransporter i7 powered with HDPlex 200w linear PS, running Tital and Quobuz with iPad Pro
    TV: Samsung Q90R 65"
    AudioQuest 1000 line conditions (2), Monster HTS5000 (SVS subs)
    Keces P3 powering GigaFoilv4,Modem
    Power cords: Cardas Clear Beyond (wall to amp) Cardas CLear Cygnus (5), Shunyata Venom NR12 (AQ1000)
    Interconnects: Cardas Clear Cygnus XLR (2)
    Speaker cables: Cardas Clear Cygnus
    Ethernet: Cardas Clear from I7 Roon core to Lumin T2, Supra Cat8 (5)
    ADD-POWR EkectraCkear, Symphony/Ghent DC cable from Keces and HDPlex PS (4)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8