Lumin T2
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 267

Thread: Lumin T2

  1. #1
    Audioshark
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Sarasota, FL
    Posts
    24,472
    Post Thanks / Like

    Lumin T2

    http://www.luminmusic.com/lumin-t2.html

    The A1 and T1 are being retired and replaced with the new T2. Pricing to be around $4500.

    Order one today from Suncoast Audio.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

    "We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

    Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, Constellation Audio, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones & Loudspeakers, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, Keces Power Supplies, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SimAudio, SRA, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

    https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

  2. Thanks wklie, audio.bill thanked for this post
    Likes Ritmo, Sean, VoicesInMyHead, the professor, AJR liked this post
  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    1,691
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Lumin T2

    The essence of T2 is: Dual ES9028PRO, DSD512, same processors and FPGA from X1, analog output stage and clocking system derived from X1. The chassis is shaped like the original A1 but is done in a way to fit the T2 pricing. MQA Roon Ready Qobuz Tidal Spotify Connect TuneIn features as before. An internal power supply is used.

    In addition to the balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA analog outputs, T2 inherits the X1 feature of being able to be used a streamer to output to an external DAC via USB or BNC-SPDIF.

    (The T2 model name always reminds me of Terminator 2 )
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

  4. Thanks Mike, audio.bill, Oly thanked for this post
    Likes Mike, Sean, FDPDK liked this post
  5. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    284
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Lumin T2

    I'm (most likely) upgrading....
    Streamer: Lumin T2, Integrated amplifier: Ypsilon Phaethon, Speakers: PMC Fact.8, Foundation: Ansuz cables, power distributor and mechanical grounding.

  6. Likes wklie liked this post
  7. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Palm Coast, FL 'The Hammock'
    Posts
    3,792
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Lumin T2

    Very cool, Peter, looks like the T2 could move ahead of the S1 and I'd bet with an external power supply could even surpass it.
    Chris

    (2 Chl): Kef 201/2, Pass xa30.5, W4S STP-SE Lumin D1, VPI Classic 1, Manley Chinook, Dynavector DV20x2L.exaSound e32 mk11, Marantz SA11S2. ( computer) Win7, Synology DS413 NAS ,Vincent SP-331MKII , Quicksilver LS,Vapor Audio Breeze, Rythmik F12se. Cables: Acoustic Zen, DL Labs, Blue Jean.. ,Bryston BCD-1,Timbernation Rack,

  8. Thanks BlueFox thanked for this post
  9. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,510
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Lumin T2

    Quote Originally Posted by wklie View Post
    The essence of T2 is: Dual ES9028PRO, DSD512, same processors and FPGA from X1, analog output stage and clocking system derived from X1. The chassis is shaped like the original A1 but is done in a way to fit the T2 pricing. MQA Roon Ready Qobuz Tidal Spotify Connect TuneIn features as before. An internal power supply is used.

    In addition to the balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA analog outputs, T2 inherits the X1 feature of being able to be used a streamer to output to an external DAC via USB or BNC-SPDIF.

    (The T2 model name always reminds me of Terminator 2 )
    Peter - Can you clarify your comments on the “same processors” as the X1? According to Lumins site, the X1 uses ES9038PRO chips vs. the T2 ES9028PRO.

    Thx!
    _______________

    Mike

  10. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    186
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Lumin T2

    Good afternoon friends foreros.Yo with my Lumin D2 I am happy. As you know it sounds very analog, very nice. And I wonder if they change the dac chip (saber 9028) will sound as good as the WOLFSON WM8741? Thank you. Greetings.

  11. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Chicago suburbs
    Posts
    1,368
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Lumin T2

    From the internal pictures the T2 also seems to have omitted the dual Lundahl output transformer coupling of the S1 and X1.

  12. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    1,691
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Lumin T2

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritmo View Post
    Peter - Can you clarify your comments on the “same processors” as the X1? According to Lumins site, the X1 uses ES9038PRO chips vs. the T2 ES9028PRO.
    In the way we use the terminologies, ES9038PRO, ES9028PRO, and WM8741 are digital to analog conversion (DAC) chips. By "processor" we mean the CPU that deals with the digital signals, file format handling, network protocols, (optional) re-sampling, etc. without conversion to analog.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

  13. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    1,691
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Lumin T2

    Quote Originally Posted by Andik777 View Post
    Good afternoon friends foreros.Yo with my Lumin D2 I am happy. As you know it sounds very analog, very nice. And I wonder if they change the dac chip (saber 9028) will sound as good as the WOLFSON WM8741? Thank you. Greetings.
    We think it is better. Please get an audition when you have the chance. We are shipping today so dealers will get the first units in the coming weeks.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

  14. Thanks Andik777 thanked for this post
  15. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    1,691
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Lumin T2

    Quote Originally Posted by audio.bill View Post
    From the internal pictures the T2 also seems to have omitted the dual Lundahl output transformer coupling of the S1 and X1.
    Good observation. Yes, this is the primary difference in the analog output stages between T2 and X1.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

 

 
Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread