Wyred 4 Sound new Aura preamp? Any news?

joeinid

Super Moderator
Joined
Apr 4, 2013
Messages
18,760
Location
NY
Wondering if any of these have shipped? I didn’t see anything on their website but they had a full system at RMAF.
 
Also wondering about the Aura monos. Seems they're using ICE tech, so I guess that means they gave up on the proprietary new class D that they were developing?

And Wyred has speakers coming, too.
 
EJ told me that the Aura is complete. He did not indicate when release data will be or if it would become available any time soon.

He also claims that it is better sounding then the Stage 2. It is a line stage only and does not feature interchangeable modules.
 
Also wondering about the Aura monos. Seems they're using ICE tech, so I guess that means they gave up on the proprietary new class D that they were developing?

And Wyred has speakers coming, too.


I hear the amp they will release shortly using the 750 amp module is very good. The 1200 modules have some noise and they are working with B&O for updates. The in house Class D is still in the works. They simply are too busy with other stuff...

A little birdy told me that the Aura line stage is being finished up... (ps... a parts upgrade version, think Stage 2, is also planned). From what I hear a very nice improvement and really nice new design!
 
As of today's date .. still not many leaks or info about the aura. Wonder if they will be announcing anything at RMAF ?
 
As I believe I have previously stated, EJ Sarmento is a friend of mine from back when we lived in California. He is the owner and brilliant designer at Wyred 4 Sound.

Several years ago, I went to the Denver show with EJ. I owned the STP-SE Stage 2 at the time. I am very happy with my McIntosh pre-amplifier; however, the Stage 2 may very well be the only preamp I have owned that I feel sounded slightly better. We had discussed some design changes and upgrades, etc., for a possible replacement to the STP-SE. He came up with the name of Aura.

About a year later he built a fully functioning Aura and asked me to take it home and compare it to my STP-SE Stage 2. I reported back to him that I absolutely love the design, the layout, feel, functionality was a huge step forward. Sound performance it was on par with the STP-SE. I gave him all of my notes I compiled while comparing the two. I suggested a Stage 2 parts upgrade which I felt would be make the Aura rocket past the STP-SE Stage 2. From reading the web listing it sounds like the performance enhancements of the Aura may have been reworked and I would not be surprised if it does indeed take over the Stage 2 pinnacle for Wyred's impressive pre-amplifiers!

I have been surprised that Wyred had not previously released the Aura to be honest. I have not discussed it with EJ since; however, I felt that the Aura I tested was very close to being ready for prime time! I am very happy to see that he is finally bringing it to market. This may very well entice me to sell my McIntosh for an Aura :).
 
Last edited:
As I believe I have previously stated, EJ Sarmento is a friend of mine from back when we lived in California. He is the owner and brilliant designer at Wyred 4 Sound.

Several years ago, I went to the Denver show with EJ. I owned the STP-SE Stage 2 at the time. I am very happy with my McIntosh pre-amplifier; however, the Stage 2 may very well be the only preamp I have owned that I feel sounded slightly better. We had discussed some design changes and upgrades, etc., for a possible replacement to the STP-SE. He came up with the name of Aura.

About a year later he built a fully functioning Aura and asked me to take it home and compare it to my STP-SE Stage 2. I reported back to him that I absolutely love the design, the layout, feel, functionality was a huge step forward. Sound performance it was on par with the STP-SE. I gave him all of my notes I compiled while comparing the two. I suggested a Stage 2 parts upgrade which I felt would be make the Aura rocket past the STP-SE Stage 2. From reading the web listing it sounds like the performance enhancements of the Aura may have been reworked and I would not be surprised if it does indeed take over the Stage 2 pinnacle for Wyred's impressive pre-amplifiers!

I have been surprised that Wyred had not previously released the Aura to be honest. I have not discussed it with EJ since; however, I felt that the Aura I tested was very close to being ready for prime time! I am very happy to see that he is finally bringing it to market. This may very well entice me to sell my McIntosh for an Aura :).


Be careful you know what happens when we replace just one unit, typically sets off a chain reaction, LOL
 
Back
Top