What to buy for 5k dollar?

NewAlkyogre

Active member
Joined
Dec 21, 2023
Messages
204
Location
netherlands
If Santa Claus exists, and you may buy audio gear with it, what would you choose?

Think in my case I would have upgraded my streamer.
 
I’d probably upgrade the main speakers or amp rather than put the whole amount into a streamer. A better streamer is nice, but I’d want the biggest improvement to come from the part of the system I’m actually listening to. If the rest of the setup is already sorted, though, then a high-end streamer would be pretty tempting.
If Santa Claus exists, and you may buy audio gear with it, what would you choose?

Think in my case I would have upgraded my streamer.
 
If I hadn't already got one, I'd spend that on a NAD M33. Brilliant piece of kit, fully compatible with speakers in the 30+K price range.
 
Last edited:
Always a fun exercise. I might would do room treatments as well. Currently building some DIY Aleph J mono-blocks, and expecting new speakers later this month (crosses fingers).
 
Back
Top