Scared of Ai?

ggdudeabides

Active member
Joined
Jun 27, 2026
Messages
121
Location
Ruidoso, NM
Given recent news, I sure am. Assuming you agree, do you think it should be regulated and if so, how? Self regulation? Fox guarding the chicken coup. Government? Too dysfunctional. In my view, unless society understands the implications of not being pro active, this is an existential threat.
 
Given recent news, I sure am. Assuming you agree, do you think it should be regulated and if so, how? Self regulation? Fox guarding the chicken coup. Government? Too dysfunctional. In my view, unless society understands the implications of not being pro active, this is an existential threat.

Another fear monger.
 
There are people being paid to create fear in the US so we allow another country to excel and we take the back seat. Other people don't want that to happen. If you watch the daily news, you are most likely in fear of something every day as they intend you to be. Why do you think it is called Tell-A-Vision? Their vision. Turn it off.
 
I don't think I know enough to be afraid. I know one thing, the request for oversight is unprecedented. What independent company has ever asked to be regulated by the government? That was insane to me. Congress is not tech savvy, and to be fair in this case maybe no one but the creators are, and when was government ever efficient. If they are afraid why not just slow down and make sure you're doing things correctly. In contrast look at all the regulations being rolled back these days, I don't see any coal plant saying, no thanks, we'll just keep working to make emissions cleaner.

What scares me the most is AI giving a wrong answer like the time the U.S. was about to attack a Chinese ship based off AI information. Thankfully that error was caught. I only use AI occasionally for answering a question, sometimes it's a lot of help and others it's wrong. It's as if it has two personalities sometimes.

Let me give you an example that just happened today. I found a song on YouTube, the title was Chasing The Sun, 1970's British Progressive Rock uploaded by Linger Records. I asked Chat who did the song. Upon request I fed it the length of the song, the entire title and other test I could find and finally the actual link. With all of that AI failed to detect the song itself was generated by AI.

I did read something about AI being used to make viruses that is scary.

I don't believe some conspiracy theory a U.S. company would intentionally try to slow down to allow some other country to overtake what they are doing.
 
I don't think I know enough to be afraid. I know one thing, the request for oversight is unprecedented. What independent company has ever asked to be regulated by the government? That was insane to me. Congress is not tech savvy, and to be fair in this case maybe no one but the creators are, and when was government ever efficient. If they are afraid why not just slow down and make sure you're doing things correctly. In contrast look at all the regulations being rolled back these days, I don't see any coal plant saying, no thanks, we'll just keep working to make emissions cleaner.

What scares me the most is AI giving a wrong answer like the time the U.S. was about to attack a Chinese ship based off AI information. Thankfully that error was caught. I only use AI occasionally for answering a question, sometimes it's a lot of help and others it's wrong. It's as if it has two personalities sometimes.

Let me give you an example that just happened today. I found a song on YouTube, the title was Chasing The Sun, 1970's British Progressive Rock uploaded by Linger Records. I asked Chat who did the song. Upon request I fed it the length of the song, the entire title and other test I could find and finally the actual link. With all of that AI failed to detect the song itself was generated by AI.

I did read something about AI being used to make viruses that is scary.

I don't believe some conspiracy theory a U.S. company would intentionally try to slow down to allow some other country to overtake what they are doing.

What the AI companies want from the government is immunity from lawsuits.
 
FWIW, it appears there have been numerous events where Ai went rogue acted outside of the boundaries set by the software. It acted indepedently and hacked into other websites / networks on its own. Ai companies losing control of their own product. For me, that's something to be concerned about.
 
Last edited:
FWIW, it appears there have been numerous events where Ai went rogue acted outside of the boundaries set by the software. It acted indepedently and hacked into other websites / networks on its own. Ai companies losing control of their own product. For me, that's something to be concerned about.

Yeah, they didn't set the boundaries correctly.
 
Here are some recent Ai incidents. To the best of my knowledge, these really happened.

1) 2/24. A company named Arup has a Hong Kong office. A staff member held a tele video conference with another party. Deep Fake impersonated the companies' CFO and another senior executive during the conference. The Arup employee thought the people on the conference were authentic and authorized paymemts totalling $24.6 M to the fraudulent company.

2) 6/18 this year. Open Ai accessed the Ausralian government Medicare's "secure" website and breached patients private information.

3) 7/18 to 7/26 this year. Open Ai's agents (that's what they call those little critters that function within the software) infiltrated a secure website owned by Hugggin Face (another Ai entity) and hacked their into supposedly secure platform and data sets.

4) 7/25 to 7/28 this year. Anthropic (major Ai company) accessed a "secure" UK website containing private individual and organization data.

5) Approx. a month ago. This is the best to date that the public is aware of. A US Special Ops Command department analyst misinterpreted Ai Chatbox information. He sent out a notice that a Chinese ship contained nuclear weapons. The Military activated US aircraft and an "arms team" to board said ship. Before these actions occurred, someone discovered the Ai Chatbox info was not accurate and the US response was cancelled.

Open Ai has publicly acknowledged six unintended infiltration episodes (those pesky agents) since March. One assumes there were some that were not reported. Scary enough?
 
Last edited:
Back
Top