Mr Peabody
Well-known member
- Thread Author
- #1
I read a short bio on Cerwin-Vega how the designer wanted to make a speaker that had the dynamics and impact of live music. So they used large woofers and were efficient. He also wanted them to be a good value so they typically weren't that expensive. He wanted to move air and fill the room like live music.
This didn't make me want to run out and get a pair. I know what the end result was. It did sort of give me an understanding why and it did make a difference for me, knowing why. Sort of like understanding why someone did something, you may or may not like it any better but you understand.
Same for me when I read about the first Klipsch and Bose.
I think these guys for the most part met their goals. Whether their goal is the same as the consumer or the consumer likes what they hear from that goal is two separate things.
I never thought about shopping that way but what if we first found a designer's philosophy that aligned with ours. Just curious if you've ever learned a designer's goal did it move a needle for you in any way?
This didn't make me want to run out and get a pair. I know what the end result was. It did sort of give me an understanding why and it did make a difference for me, knowing why. Sort of like understanding why someone did something, you may or may not like it any better but you understand.
Same for me when I read about the first Klipsch and Bose.
I think these guys for the most part met their goals. Whether their goal is the same as the consumer or the consumer likes what they hear from that goal is two separate things.
I never thought about shopping that way but what if we first found a designer's philosophy that aligned with ours. Just curious if you've ever learned a designer's goal did it move a needle for you in any way?