Audio Research 610T

Michel Thijssen

New member
Joined
Sep 27, 2026
Messages
5
Hi everyone!

My new power amplifiers arrived last Monday! The initial visual inspection went well, and a thorough technical inspection is scheduled for next week.

I originally bought the amplifiers without tubes, but Mala Audio in Norway kindly offered to include the previous set of Svetlana 6550 Winged C tubes.

The first measurements on a basic tube tester look very promising!

In the meantime, I'd love to share some photos of these magnificent beasts with you!

Greetings from the Netherlands!

Michel
 

Attachments

  • _DSF6939.jpg
    _DSF6939.jpg
    307.6 KB · Views: 3
  • _DSF6942.jpg
    _DSF6942.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 3
  • _DSF6944-Prompt.jpg
    _DSF6944-Prompt.jpg
    391.6 KB · Views: 3
  • _DSF6949.jpg
    _DSF6949.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 3
Congrats on getting the previous set of 6550 tubes too. The cost of replacing all those output tubes is not for the faint of heart.
 
Hi Mr. Peabody and Mep!

Thank you both! I think I'm going to be very happy with these amplifiers!

Yes, the tubes are something special, but I've decided to install a completely new set. I'm still debating whether to have the amplifiers converted to KT120s or stick with the original 6550s. I haven't made up my mind yet.

A complete set of tubes is certainly expensive, but fortunately I have a very good supplier.

@Mr. Peabody, here's a little overview of my current audio system.

Analog:
  • Small Audio Manufacture SAM Titan turntable with two tonearms
  • Kiseki Blue Gold Spot cartridge on one arm and Jasmine Fire on the other
  • Jadis JPP 200 step-up transformer for MC to MM
  • Angstrom ZPP01 phono preamplifier with Telefunken ECC tubes
Digital:
  • Esoteric P01 CD transport
  • Esoteric D03 DAC
  • Streaming via Tidal and Qobuz
Preamplifiers:
  • Jadis JP 80 MM
  • Hovland HP 100
Power amplifiers:
  • Octave MRE 220 SE monoblocks with KT150 tubes and Super Black Boxes
  • Audio Research Reference 610T monoblocks
Speakers:
  • Wilson Audio MAXX 3
Cables:
  • FIM and Cardas
Musical taste:

Bill Evans, pretty much anything involving Quincy Jones, Rod Temperton or Bruce Swedien, Ella Fitzgerald, The Brothers Johnson, Miles Davis, Nirvana, and plenty more!

As you can probably tell, my taste in music is pretty broad. I love great recordings and great musicians, regardless of genre.
 
Hi Mr. Peabody and Mep!

Thank you both! I think I'm going to be very happy with these amplifiers!

Yes, the tubes are something special, but I've decided to install a completely new set. I'm still debating whether to have the amplifiers converted to KT120s or stick with the original 6550s. I haven't made up my mind yet.

A complete set of tubes is certainly expensive, but fortunately I have a very good supplier.

@Mr. Peabody, here's a little overview of my current audio system.

Analog:
  • Small Audio Manufacture SAM Titan turntable with two tonearms
  • Kiseki Blue Gold Spot cartridge on one arm and Jasmine Fire on the other
  • Jadis JPP 200 step-up transformer for MC to MM
  • Angstrom ZPP01 phono preamplifier with Telefunken ECC tubes
Digital:
  • Esoteric P01 CD transport
  • Esoteric D03 DAC
  • Streaming via Tidal and Qobuz
Preamplifiers:
  • Jadis JP 80 MM
  • Hovland HP 100
Power amplifiers:
  • Octave MRE 220 SE monoblocks with KT150 tubes and Super Black Boxes
  • Audio Research Reference 610T monoblocks
Speakers:
  • Wilson Audio MAXX 3
Cables:
  • FIM and Cardas
Musical taste:

Bill Evans, pretty much anything involving Quincy Jones, Rod Temperton or Bruce Swedien, Ella Fitzgerald, The Brothers Johnson, Miles Davis, Nirvana, and plenty more!

As you can probably tell, my taste in music is pretty broad. I love great recordings and great musicians, regardless of genre.

Nice gear. I like Jadis and a fan of Octave. The 610t is quite a statement piece I'd love to hear one. I'd recommend matching them to an Audio Research preamp at some point. Matching house sound.
 
Back
Top