ggdudeabides
Active member
Ai is real scary and ultimately self destructive from my perspective. Many folks who know alot more than I do tend to agree. I don't understand the ambivalence regarding this tech. But our society has, in general, always been reactive versus proactive. And your granddaughter's example is only one small nugget of what the future portends. Don't know what it will take for the world to wake up but it will likely be too little, too late at that point. And like many things Ai, some will use it for nepharious purposes. IMHO, Ai produced msic is just one example. But hey, why bother with real if fake is good enough. But if people enjoy it, who am I to judge. I'm just a old fossil who listens to classical music which I'm sure many people find totally boring and ignore. FWIW, I started a thread on this topic. A very angry person blew it up and now it's dead. Oh well.As a side note my granddaughter was over and she looked something up on her iPhone. She has her AI tuned up to where it's like she is talking to an actual person. She gave it a description of a movie and asked what it was. The conversation was a bit unsettling actually. Too real. She just turned 13 so I wonder what the future will be like for her and how different it was for my daughter at her age and myself at that age.
Last edited: