What Vinyl Do You Have On The Table? - Page 509
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 509 of 514 FirstFirst ... 9 409 459 499 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 ... LastLast
Results 5,081 to 5,090 of 5137
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What Vinyl Do You Have On The Table?

Led Zeppelin IV (Zoso) Classic Records pressing, 33 rpm

I always thought Zoso was pronounced as “Zofo” I guess picking this up in the late 70’s or early 80’s before there was internet

This is my second Zeppelin Classic Records pressing, and not embarrassed to play this on Audiophile friend visits, it sounds killer, including my not so favorite track Stairway to Heaven that makes you pick up the guitar and try to play along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R with 4point 9 arm & Kuzma 40 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum Pre Amp and Monos | Boulder Phono 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Valhalla 2/Odin: power, interconnects & speaker | Ansuz: C2 power & interconnect | Audioquest Diamond RJ45’s
    Power: Nordost QRT series | Furutech FP55SN cable from 20 amp breakers within a grounded sub panel to Furutech GTX D NSF packages | Keces P3 & P8 | Surge Guard at Main Panel | ADD POWR series
    Other: HRS M3X | Stillpoints Ultra 6, SS & Mini | Nordost Sort Cones TC & BC | AQ Vox SE switch | Gigafoil v4 | Vicoustics | Audio Desk Systeme - Gläss

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UltraFast69 View Post
    Led Zeppelin III

I was after the Classic Records 180 gram version, and ordered it at premium off DisCogs or so I may of thought - the version received appears to be a 2014 release from ATLANTIC / WARNER , the version that comes with the Companion record -

Seller is telling me it’s a Classic Records production, with markings only to support reissue, and I believe Classic Records transferred to Acoustic around 2012?

Still sounds decent, will keep it despite outcome as I like to move the picture wheel, brings back memories

send this back to the seller and get your money back. Classic records never came with a companion disc - sounds like you have the digital master done by the deaf Jimmie Page. It is a pale imitation of how the 2000 Classic 180 gm pressing sounds.
    Source: TW Raven AC-3 - Thales Simplicity II, Graham Phantom, SME 3012-R, Exclusive P3,Technics SL-1000MK3D,Linn LP12 - Naim ARO
    Cartridges: Lyra Atlas SL Etna SL, Delos, Dynavector XV-1s,Technics EPC100mk4, Ortofon A90, GM Royal, GM Classic, Denon ESC'd 103R, DL-S1, Audio Technica AT25, OC9II, Linn ESC'd Troika
    Phono Stage: TW Acustik phono, Accuphase C-37
    EQ: ​DEQX HDP-4
    Preamp: conrad johnson GAT,
    Amps: conrad johnson teflon premier 8a's, D'Agostino Momentum S250
    Speakers: Wilson Maxx3

Post Thanks / Like

Moon Duo ‎– Stars Are The Light. new album. Now this is very cool - highly recommended. can't wait to see em live in Feb.

Source: TW Raven AC-3 - Thales Simplicity II, Graham Phantom, SME 3012-R, Exclusive P3,Technics SL-1000MK3D,Linn LP12 - Naim ARO
    Cartridges: Lyra Atlas SL Etna SL, Delos, Dynavector XV-1s,Technics EPC100mk4, Ortofon A90, GM Royal, GM Classic, Denon ESC'd 103R, DL-S1, Audio Technica AT25, OC9II, Linn ESC'd Troika

Post Thanks / Like

ELO - From Out Of Nowhere. brand new 2019 album. Jeff is a musical legend, no doubt about that and 40 years later he is still writing some superb pop songs.
    But, he needs help. Playing every instrument in his padded Bungalow studio is doing him no favours - the drumming on this album is worse than ever - bring back Bev Bevan or anyone who can drum and hold the beat. Jeff must also be deaf, as frankly this album is mastered for vinyl by none other than Chris Bellman from Grundman mastering and the sound quality is underwhelming and the worst in his entire career.
    Jeff, reach out and get some muso's into your studio and have some fun playing and recording your songs with a masterful engineer and get back to working your wonderful musical arrangements. the results for this album could have been stunning as the songs are excellent.
    That said I do like the album but it could have been sooooo much better.

Post Thanks / Like

Kid Cudi ‎– Indicud - 3LP gatefold set from 2013. finally found a reasonably cheap copy so picked it up. Why oh why did I wait for so long. This album is incredible and more than hip hop . do yourself a favour and have a listen to it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XV-1 View Post
    send this back to the seller and get your money back. Classic records never came with a companion disc - sounds like you have the digital master done by the deaf Jimmie Page. It is a pale imitation of how the 2000 Classic 180 gm pressing sounds.
    The seller asked if I could call him, I did and helped him understand why it was not a Classic Record pressing.

I agreed to keep the album (did not want to go to the steps of mailing and I like the wheel) and he refunded me while on the phone - my takeaway was he just didn’t know, an honest mistake. I’m a streetwise city kid, so I know the hustle and this was not one.

So back to scoring a Zep III as they do sound really good!

Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R with 4point 9 arm & Kuzma 40 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum Pre Amp and Monos | Boulder Phono 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Valhalla 2/Odin: power, interconnects & speaker | Ansuz: C2 power & interconnect | Audioquest Diamond RJ45’s
    Power: Nordost QRT series | Furutech FP55SN cable from 20 amp breakers within a grounded sub panel to Furutech GTX D NSF packages | Keces P3 & P8 | Surge Guard at Main Panel | ADD POWR series
    Other: HRS M3X | Stillpoints Ultra 6, SS & Mini | Nordost Sort Cones TC & BC | AQ Vox SE switch | Gigafoil v4 | Vicoustics | Audio Desk Systeme - Gläss

7. Likes XV-1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Mark Hollis - self tilted album from 1998. brand new reissue and thankfully they have done a nice job - good pressing @ Optimal and excellent mastering. nice to finally have.

Post Thanks / Like

Radiohead - In Rainbows

Attached Images Attached Images
    Morgan

11. Likes XV-1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Andy Shauf ‎– The Party 2016 - perfect for a Sunday evening - This guy has one of the most soothing voices around.

Page 509 of 514 FirstFirst ... 9 409 459 499 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 ... LastLast