Timbernation Rules - Page 9
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Timbernation Rules

Quote Originally Posted by CPP View Post
    I've got a Maple 4 shelf rack coming from Chris. The cool thing is the wife loves it.
    Audio Rack from Timbernation received and assembled. Nothing like 135lb of solid maple . The 3" thick 24" x18" top shelf comes in at 65lbs.

All I can say, thanks Chris

Attached Images Attached Images
    Chris

(2 Chl): Pass xa30.5, W4S STP-SE Lumin D1, VPI Classic 1, Manley Chinook, Dynavector DV20x2L.exaSound e32 mk11, Marantz SA11S2. ( computer) Win7, Synology DS413 NAS ,Vincent SP-331MKII , Quicksilver LS,Vapor Audio Breeze, Rythmik F12se. Cables: Acoustic Zen, DL Labs, Blue Jean.. ,Bryston BCD-1,Timbernation Rack,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CPP View Post
    Audio Rack from Timbernation received and assembled. Nothing like 135lb of solid maple . The 3" thick 24" x18" top shelf comes in at 65lbs.
    Nice! What's under the legs - any kind of leveling devices or anything?
    Howard

Pass Labs XS 300's, XS Pre | Berkeley Audio Design Alpha DAC Reference Series 3, Alpha USB | Aurender N10, ACS10 | Magico S7's with MPOD's, QSub 15 x 2 | Shunyata Denali 2000T x 2 with Sigma HC | Audience aR6-TS | MIT Heritage and Oracle Interconnects and speaker cables | Critical Mass Maxxum rack | Resolution Acoustics custom room treatments

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Sandman View Post
    Nice! What's under the legs - any kind of leveling devices or anything?
    No leveling devices. The unit is spot on level on its own, and having a level slab floor helps to. But that's not saying I will not add something under the rack later on..
    Chris

(2 Chl): Pass xa30.5, W4S STP-SE Lumin D1, VPI Classic 1, Manley Chinook, Dynavector DV20x2L.exaSound e32 mk11, Marantz SA11S2. ( computer) Win7, Synology DS413 NAS ,Vincent SP-331MKII , Quicksilver LS,Vapor Audio Breeze, Rythmik F12se. Cables: Acoustic Zen, DL Labs, Blue Jean.. ,Bryston BCD-1,Timbernation Rack,

Behavior Moderator (be nice police!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Very pretty Chris.
    Mark

REL S2 Subwoofers
    Lumin A1 Network Streamer
    VPI Avenger with Magnetic Drive
    Manley Chinook Phono Pre
    Ortofon Cadenza Black cartridge
    Klaudio Ultrasonic record cleaner
    Kimber Select 6063 speaker cables
    Kimber Select 1116 XLR IC's
    Shunyata Cobra Zi-tron,and Ansuz Ceramic power cords,
    Ansuz Mainz D8 power distributer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MDP View Post
    Very pretty Chris.
    Now to put some stuff on the shelf's. The unit is for my new home office so small speakers, maybe a low watt integrated etc,
    Chris

Post Thanks / Like

I found that Cerapucs are terrific and easily adjustable. I used brass inserts to allow threading these in place. They work well and is there such a thing as over isolating? The tables are isolated also with Stillpoints under a 3" shelf and then the Black Knight feet as well. Overkill maybe but sounds great. 
    VAC Phi 220 mono amps, CAT JL2 Signature, Tango tranny 2A3 amp, 45 Sannei 602,McIntosh MC225,MC240,Wilson Audio Wattpuppy 8, KEF LS50, VAC Phi 2.0 Controller, CAT SL1 Ultimate Legend custom 2MC preamp, Manley Steelhead, TW AC3 with Black Knight platter and triple motor and feet, Micro Seiki RX-5000 with optional SX-8000 stainless steel platter and HS-80 Flywheel, Da Vinci Virtu,Fidelity Research FR66s silver edition,Kuzma 4 Point, Reed 3P,TW Acustic 10.5, SME 3012 Series 1

Post Thanks / Like

There is no doubt that Timbernation racks are Absolutely gorgeous and very high on my list for a new rack but how are they when it comes to isolation and vibration control?

Paul

Speakers: Von Schweikert VR-5 Anniversary MK II Front L/R, LCR-35 Center, VR-1 Rear L/R Sub: JL Audio F113
    Amps: PS Audio BHK Signature 300 Mono, McIntosh MC207 Preamp: PS Audio BHK Signature and Gold Note PH-10 Phono Stage/PSU-10 Power Supply Turntable: VPI HR-X 12.7 TONEARM (2) and SDS
    Cartridges: Ortofon Cadenza Black, Lyra Helikon Mono Digital Source: Oppo UDP-205 DAC: Bryston BDA-3 Music Server: ​Aurender N100H
    SSP: Marantz AV8801 Cables: Wireworld Electra 7 (P) Wireworld Eclipse 7 (I) Wireworld Eclipse 6 and 7 Biwired (S) Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 (USB) AC Power Regeneration: PS Audio DirectStream P15 Power Plant

Post Thanks / Like

Revisiting this thread five years later and am finally going to purchase a rack from Chris. I'll outgrow my existing rack with some changes that are planned and the Timbernation racks not only look so nice, they seem utterly practical for my audio equipment needs.

Question for those that own the Timbernation racks... Do you find the fairly standard depth of 16" shelves sufficient for your needs or is deeper (say 18" deep) more useful for some reason?

I have to be mindful of the depth of any new rack due to room size and my current rack has 17" deep shelves with an integrated back panel so it does have a somewhat hard depth-limit whereas the Timbernation racks have an open back that I hope would allow extra deep gear no issues with the standard 16" deep shelves.

Care to share your experiences?

Thanks.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe I should rephrase this query of shelf depth...

Is there anyone here that has a Timbernation rack with the standard 16" depth shelves that has found them less than sufficient for their needs and wishes for a deeper shelf?
    Mike

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MikeCh View Post
    Maybe I should rephrase this query of shelf depth...

Is there anyone here that has a Timbernation rack with the standard 16" depth shelves that has found them less than sufficient for their needs and wishes for a deeper shelf?
    Hey Mike, my Timbernation is 16 inches. I house my SSP, Oppo, Laptop, NAS, etc. on it. Itís what I would consider the bare minimum. It works, but something like the SSP is sticking out the back. Not sure it would be deep enough to house some larger footprint turntables for example. Go for the 18 if you can.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, EMM Labs, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SimAudio, Stein Music Products, Stenheim Loudspeakers, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

11. Thanks MikeCh thanked for this post
    Likes MikeCh liked this post

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast