What happened to Vitus??? - Page 3
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What happened to Vitus???

Quote Originally Posted by Penthouse-D View Post
    I was simply referring to your quote," we are NOT going to have 20-30 dealers in the country".... I waited YEARS for an SIA-030 after it was initially announced.... Got tired of waiting.
    I was in the same boat. There was quite a bit of chatter initially about SIA-030, but product itself did not get released for a very long time. In the end, I went with Gryphon Diablo 300. Couldnít be happier, by the way.

It was indeed a bit of a strange situation.

2. Thanks Mike, joeinid thanked for this post
    Likes Mike, joeinid, Penthouse-D, FDPDK, Ritmo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My original question "what happened to Vitus" was directed to not only the brand itself, but 2-3 years ago there would be a post on this site nearly every day. Recently , maybe one every 6-8 months.... the brand has been "forgotten". Yes, wonderful awards, finally the new amp, but a guy in Colorado can't buy one...I've been a Vitus owner since the RI-100 was released. Close to 10 years. I had a NYC dealer who did not carry the line, sitting in my apartment listening to my RI-100, and because of that afternoon, he became a Vitus dealer... I upgraded to the SIA-025 easily because my dealer (who I have a RELATIONSHIP with), made it easy to do... The ," in a perfect world" theory here isn't working.. While you attempt to roll the brand out again, the consumer is tiring of the difficulty. In the end, it's all about the end consumer , the person who spends the last $... Lastly, here's a final example of how you are quickly losing the consumer. There is an RI-101 on Audiogon. It's obviously the new model. The guy can't sell it for 50% off retail. No-one cares!!!! 5-6 years ago, an SIA -025 would've sold in a week for a 35% discount.. Because there were dealers, press, buzz, etc... I'm certain your business plan is very dealer focused. Very few dealers, NO discounting, etc. Basically , the Spectral model. That may have worked had the brand started and stayed that way. It didn't. People have moved on to other brands, the brand has very poor resale, you can't see one unless you, in many cases spend $$$ and travel time.The brand is struggling...It's about the end consumer. US, not the dealers who will have the luxury of selling exclusive brands at full retail.. Most of us have moved on.....
    T+A MP3100HV, T+A PA3100HV. Custom made Furutech cables with ETP-609 distributor with NCF outlets, Harbeth 40.2 Anniversaries.

4. Thanks joeinid thanked for this post
    Likes joeinid, Mike, kzhtoo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My original question "what happened to Vitus" was directed to not only the brand itself, but 2-3 years ago there would be a post on this site nearly every day. Recently , maybe one every 6-8 months.... the brand has been "forgotten". Yes, wonderful awards, finally the new amp, but a guy in Colorado can't buy one...I've been a Vitus owner since the RI-100 was released. Close to 10 years. I had a NYC dealer who did not carry the line, sitting in my apartment listening to my RI-100, and because of that afternoon, he became a dealer... I upgraded to the SIA-025 easily because my dealer (who I have a RELATIONSHIP with), made it easy to do... The ," in a perfect world" theory here isn't working.. While you attempt to roll the brand out again, the consumer is tiring of the difficulty. In the end, it's all about the end consumer , the person who spends the last $... Lastly, here's a final example of how you are quickly losing the consumer. There is an RI-101 on Audiogon. It's obviously the new model. The guy can't sell it for 50% off retail. No-one cares!!!! 5-6 years ago, an SIA -025 would've sold in a week for a 35% discount.. Because there were dealers, press, buzz, etc... I'm certain your business plan is very dealer focused. Very few dealers, NO discounting, etc. Basically , the Spectral model. That may have worked had the brand started and stayed that way. It didn't. People have moved on to other brands, the brand has very poor resale, you can't see one unless you, in many cases spend $$$ and travel time.The brand is struggling...It's about the end consumer. US, not the dealers who will have the luxury of selling exclusive brands at full retail.. Most of us have moved on.....
    Hi Once again..

regarding the RI 101 on Audiogon.. thats with an old model dac.. its no longer available.. RI 101 only comes with optional DAC/Streamer module only.. and to clarify.. the old dac was a $2,760 option. in other word the ad stating the new price of the unit at 20600 is misleading..

I think you prefer not to call me.. but dont hesitate if you want to know the FACTs about Vitus and what we do..

Post Thanks / Like

How long is your contract with Vitus? You're making my point. I should call you for the facts?... I get it, but if you want to sell product, you should be listening to your customers. Not me listening to you. Quite frankly,I'm giving you the most valuable information. Get A LOT of good dealers, make it EASY for me to see/ listen, and possibly buy the product, and lastly, if a dealer sees fit, let them offer a discount to loyal customers. I may be wrong, but what I'm hearing is " full retail only". The market has become very competitive with many great brands. T+A, Gryphon, any more. Good luck with that...
    T+A MP3100HV, T+A PA3100HV. Custom made Furutech cables with ETP-609 distributor with NCF outlets, Harbeth 40.2 Anniversaries.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Highendbyoz View Post
    Hi Ritmo,
    I think there is a misperception here..

Let me clarify..

I never said/planned to have only 4-5 dealers across the country. As I said on my earlier post, we have taken over distribution of Vitus Audio in March 2019 and started from scratch with our dealer network. In other words we have established 5 dealerships in the last 9 months since we took over distribution.

If you were to take a snap shot picture of the dealership network today, and call it not enough you will be right.. but we are building the network and will add more dealers going forward.

We will continue to the shows and do dealer events as well .

as for the comments by Penthouse-D, regarding the product being late for 2 years.. I can tell you this.. VA is not a company that dishes out products every year.. It takes a good 2-3years before they are happy to introduce an upgrade or introduce a completely new product. Take a look at SIA-25. .it still is going for over 10 years with only one upgrade in those 10 years..in other words it takes time for a VA product to be commercially available. Also I never said we wont have a dealer in each state and force consumers to travel 100s miles for listen VA products. What I said was we are building our dealership network from scratch with dealers who are committed to the brand and showcase it properly..
    Great! Glad you are pursuing a strategy of more visibility and a wider retail network.

Please donít misunderstand my note. Iím simply encouraging you to be appropriately active on this site as you further develop the dealer network and Vitus introduces new products.

Wish you great success!

Mike

8. Likes MikeCh, Mike liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My original question "what happened to Vitus" was directed to not only the brand itself, but 2-3 years ago there would be a post on this site nearly every day. Recently , maybe one every 6-8 months.... the brand has been "forgotten". [...]

Give the man a chance.

He’s had the brand for all of six months during which time he’s appointed dealers who actually have product on display, set up a US service center, planned a 2nd hand certification program [surprisingly few brands have one], supported dealers at audio shows, facilitated product reviews etc. etc.

Indeed 2-3 years ago there were more frequent Vitus posts on Audioshark. Is there a causal link between posting frequency on Audioshark and long term audio brand success? What other factors might influence post frequency? When it comes to Vitus I can think of three. First, 2-3 years ago the brand was stocked and promoted by the owner of this very forum. Second, it was the era of Bodhi. Third, the earlier distribution model appears to have had problems leading to a loss in momentum in the USA for the brand.

Reading in between the lines it seems you were passionate about the brand but then felt let down by it. Given Vitus – in their own words – have just re-entered the US market perhaps it’s a bit too soon to suggest “the new distributor did not help.”?
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

10. Likes apdoc2004 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dznutz View Post
    It has been, it was never as amazing as it was marketed. People who actually owned them complained that the units weren't as well designed and built as they should have been. At these prices amps should not be humming or buzzing.
    Please direct me to the sites where, as you wrote, Vitus owners "complained the units weren't well designed and built as (well) as they should have been..."

I locate only glowing reviews and comments on Vitus gear.
    Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Most Manufacturers will go out of their way to ensure that criticism doesn't exist in the public domain. If you are simply a Consumer who relies on Dealers, Reviewers and Marketing material then your only getting half the truth. Very few Dealers will criticize a Brand, most will simply drop them and move along.

Post Thanks / Like

How can you even state that there is no criticism existing on the public domain? There are many, many critical comments about hi fi products that you can access with a quick search.
    I asked you where you got your information about Vitus owners (plural) being displeased with their Vitus gear. I'm not asking you for something uncommon. I'm simply asking that you cite your sources.
    Or did you make this up what you wrote? Without sources, that's the only conclusion I can make.

Post Thanks / Like

^ You must be speaking in absolutes, I am not. I do not take anything on the internet as fact. I also don't owe you anything, feel free to purchase whatever you like and enjoy.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast