Incoming! - Page 7
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Incoming!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Incoming!

That sounds about what I was thinking. Routers now a day have multiple networks and the various devices have to be on the same network to speak to each other. Of course there certainly could be other issues .

Networking is so much fun.... NOT.
    T+A DAC 8 DSD | T+A AMP 8 | Hattor "The Big" Passive Pre-amp | Falcon Northwest PC | Roon & HQPlayer | Microsoft Surface Pro 6 | W4S Recovery | U-Turn Orbit Special | SimAudio MOON 110LP v2 | Ortofon 2M Black & Bronze | Record Doctor V | McIntosh MR7083 | Oppo BDP-105 | KEF R700 | ELAC Debut 2.0 SUB3010 | AudioQuest Niagara 1000 | Astell&Kern AK240 | Audeze LCD-i4 | McIntosh MA252 w/Gold Lion Tubes (for sale)

Post Thanks / Like

Randy, I think you described it perfectly. Should be fairly simple to remedy when the tech gets here. Just purchased the router from the IP about 6 weeks ago. It has worked well until I added a DAC. As you stated, the router wants to install it on another network. There are probably separate networks for wireless and wired.
    Amplifier: Pass Labs INT 250 integrated.

DAC/Streamer: MSB Discrete Dual Power Supply.

Server: Roon Nucleus with lifetime subscription.

Speakers: Harbeth Super HL 5+ 40th Anniversary
    Model.

Cables: AudioQuest Rocket 88 speaker cables,
    Mackenzie interconnects.

Speaker Stands: HiFi Man.

Post Thanks / Like

They both should be able to be put on the same network ....
    T+A DAC 8 DSD | T+A AMP 8 | Hattor "The Big" Passive Pre-amp | Falcon Northwest PC | Roon & HQPlayer | Microsoft Surface Pro 6 | W4S Recovery | U-Turn Orbit Special | SimAudio MOON 110LP v2 | Ortofon 2M Black & Bronze | Record Doctor V | McIntosh MR7083 | Oppo BDP-105 | KEF R700 | ELAC Debut 2.0 SUB3010 | AudioQuest Niagara 1000 | Astell&Kern AK240 | Audeze LCD-i4 | McIntosh MA252 w/Gold Lion Tubes (for sale)

Post Thanks / Like

You should be able to go into the admin UI and setup what IPs can connect to what Network
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -
    Rotel 1072 CDP / Rega P3 > Luxman 505UX Mark II > Dynaudio Audience 82s > Synergistic Cables

Secondary - OPPO 93 > VAC CLA 1 MKII Pre > Odyssey Stratos > JM Labs Tantal 509s > Tara Labs Cables

Post Thanks / Like

Incoming!

Quote Originally Posted by bluegrassphile View Post
    There are probably separate networks for wireless and wired.
    There could also be differences in the VLANs used. If that's the case you'll just need to make sure that all your gear is on the same VLAN together.

Hope you get to hear music soon!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Music yet Tom?
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Me hungry. Me want to see blue dials.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sincerely,

Joe

Amps: Pass X260.8s *** Pre-Amp: Pass XP22 *** Headphone Amp: Pass HPA-1 *** Speakers: Magico A3ís *** Magico A3 Grills *** Headphones: Focal Utopia *** Digital: Luxman D-08u SACD *** Aurender ACS10 CD Ripper & N100 Streamer *** Power: Shunyata Hydra Alpha A12 Power Conditioner *** AQ NRG Edison 20 *** Cables: Shunyata *** Rack: Bamboo SVT Quadrasphire *** Accessory: Russ Andrews Cable Elevators

8. Likes Sean, joeinid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Incoming!

Oh, guys............what can I say that hasnít already been said about each of these components? Theyíre all simply outstanding. There are no superlatives that havenít already been expressed by many others regarding the Pass Labs INT 250, MSB Discrete (dual power supply), Harbeth Super HL 5+ 40th Anniversary speakers, and Roon Nucleus. Iíll try and minimize the cliched superlatives and just give you, as much as possible, an honest description and review of this system.

Predictably, I have no choice but to give it extremely high props. I mean, this system simply and truly is what it is. Itís everything I was hoping for and far beyond that. I guess if you forced me to use words to describe it, Iíd have to include the word ďpureĒ. And whatever words you would use to describe this kind of purity and ďrealĒ sound. Meaning it sounds like the musicians are standing and playing right in front of you. Yet there is a huge, deep, sound stage. I know that the word ďaccurate ď has likely been overused over the last 50 years, but that word is very, well.....accurate! As I write this, the live Alison Krause and Union Station album is playing on my new system in the background. The sound quality is beyond outstanding. Especially for a live performance. And the new Blue Highway album (Somewhere Far Away) that I played yesterday...absolutely superb.

Another descriptor I would use for the sound of this system is ďsmoothĒ. Buttery smooth. It has everything I want and nothing I donít. Just the right amount of beautifully tight, big, big, low end, midrange, and perfect top end.

Itís very straight ahead simple. The INT 250 is as simple as you get. Just an amp and preamp in one box. Thatís it. Nothing else. But superbly designed and crafted.

And, then thereís the dual power supply MSB Discrete. It adds a subtle robustness to the sound. It makes an already superb sounding amp sound even better. Not sure how. It just does. Keep in mind Iím not a ďtech-yĒ person. I just attempt to describe things as I hear them. However, Iím a long time musician with a very sharp set of ears. I know when I hear something thatís really good. And this system is really, really, good.

Itís very difficult to have a great sounding audio system without good sounding speakers. And, IMHO, Harbeth speakers are about as good as it gets. I specifically purchased the Harbeth Super HL 5+ 40th Anniversary for their super tweeter and modded crossover. Iíll use the same descriptors for the Harbeths as the ones I used to describe the Pass INT 250 integrated amp and MSB DAC and let it go at that. My ears LOVE Harbeth speakers, period. Donít have anything else to say about them other than that. And the system synergy...simply outstanding.

Next, the Roon Nucleus. Really fun. What else can I say? Itís obviously extremely useful for managing my very large ripped CD collection and streamed music, my only sources.

Itís been a dream come true to have a system like this. And itís been a long, long, wait. But I wouldnít have changed a thing. As I stated above, this system has everything I want and nothing I donít. And the system isnít even broken in yet. Wonderful times ahead.

Iíd like to give Mike Bovaird of Suncoast Audio one more nod of appreciation. The man has the patience of Job. Iíd not been able to deal with the network issues, assemble, and set up this system without him. Thank you once again, buddy. Iíll post this then attempt to get some pics. Stand by...
    Amplifier: Pass Labs INT 250 integrated.

DAC/Streamer: MSB Discrete Dual Power Supply.

Server: Roon Nucleus with lifetime subscription.

Speakers: Harbeth Super HL 5+ 40th Anniversary
    Model.

Cables: AudioQuest Rocket 88 speaker cables,
    Mackenzie interconnects.

Speaker Stands: HiFi Man.

10. Thanks Mike thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

BRAVO! Tom,

It's so nice to see a job well done and with the satisfaction that it is bringing you.

Congratulations on assembling a fine audio system that is sure to bring a smile to your face every time you listen!!

Mike
    Mike

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations Tom!

Well done!
    Joe

Avantgarde Duo XD, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M, JBL 590.

Job INTegrated, Naim Supernait 2 w/ HiCap-DR.

Conrad Johnson GAT2, Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2, Misho Myronov Wooden pre.

Misho Myronov Wooden amp, First Watt SIT-3 (X2 - one as backup), Job 250 Monos, Valvet E2se, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos.

Lumin U1 mini, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, Audio Mirror Tubadour III NOS R2R Tube Dac w/ upgrades.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast