Anyone hear the Auditorium 23 Hommage Cinema? - Page 4
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone hear the Auditorium 23 Hommage Cinema?

Quote Originally Posted by KeithR View Post
    Here's the record, check it out:

"Send in the Clowns" by Bill Henderson, Live at the Times (Jazz Planet Records/Classic Records)

At home, I get to 15 watts on really loud stuff on rare occasion. Our speakers sound similarly efficient - mine are 8ohms, 7.5 minimum.
    They are similar with regards to sensitivity, but I think that’s where the similarity ends.
    VPI Avenger with 12" 3D arm, Technics SP-10MKII table in custom plinth with custom power supply made by Peter Noerbaek of PBN, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, PS Audio DSJ DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, pair of Definitive Technology Ref subs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mep View Post
    said "My 92dB speakers were pulling 30+ watts..
    Measured/real sensitivity can be substantially lower, as Stereophile occasionally reveals. Occams razor.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Soundfield View Post
    Measured/real sensitivity can be substantially lower, as Stereophile occasionally reveals. Occams razor.
    True. Keith’s speakers are slightly less sensitive than their rated sensitivity according to JA’s measurements.
    VPI Avenger with 12" 3D arm, Technics SP-10MKII table in custom plinth with custom power supply made by Peter Noerbaek of PBN, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, PS Audio DSJ DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, pair of Definitive Technology Ref subs.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd be doubly particular in listening/auditioning to the Speakers with Shindo front end--you may not concur with the warmish slightly Syrupy but very smooth sonics.

Just my opinion as an aforementioned previous Shindo owner

Could be a dose of too much languidness together?

YVMV

B

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mep View Post
    True. Keith’s speakers are slightly less sensitive than their rated sensitivity according to JA’s measurements.
    Aha, searched and found. Mystery solved ;-).

Post Thanks / Like

Not much sound above 10k cycles as was written in a review.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4