small scratch on my magico s3mk2 - Page 2
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: small scratch on my magico s3mk2

Seems like everyone has come running with opinions yet we don’t even know what we’re looking at.

Magico speakers are either finished in a gloss paint finish or a rough/textured powdercoat finish. Either way there is no easy repair that will return it to 100%.

Take a photo and lets see.

2. Likes Puma Cat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Put a sticker over it! Out of sight, out of mind. That's what I used to do on my sport bikes when they got nicks and stone chips.

Or, as others have menioned, just leave it alone. Its water under the bridge now. Go with the Japanese wabi-sabi philosophy.

FWIW, serious watch collectors DO NOT want the watches they purchase to ever be polished or refinished in any way. They want 'em with the nicks and dings they've acquired over time. In fact, high-value vintage watches are worth MORE if they have never been polished or refinished.

Post Thanks / Like

mdzaki,

Were you able to contact Magico? What's the verdict? So, sorry again that this happened.

Post Thanks / Like

awe hell, send 'em to me, I'll take them off your hands so you can sleep better ..............
    Cheers ! …. Dave

6. Likes jadedavid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
    Or, as others have menioned, just leave it alone. Its water under the bridge now. Go with the Japanese wabi-sabi philosophy.

FWIW, serious watch collectors DO NOT want the watches they purchase to ever be polished or refinished in any way. They want 'em with the nicks and dings they've acquired over time. In fact, high-value vintage watches are worth MORE if they have never been polished or refinished.
    The same goes for vintage guitars. Refinishing or overspraying reduces their value dramatically.

Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with
    Two Mono Powerbases, Femto 33 Clock,
    Renderer V2 and Roon Nucleus Plus
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000

Post Thanks / Like

If the finish is MCAST you need a small quantity of the powdercoat, which you dissolve it an organic solvent (I forget which one), and then you touch up the scratch with a small paint brush. That is the procedure as explained to me when my S3 was scratched when undergoing a driver replacement.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2