Accuphase E480 vs E650
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Accuphase E480 vs E650

Hello everyone, I have a question, I currently have the integrated Accuphase E370 (2 years ago) and I would like to update my amplifier. I like the sound of Accuphase so I want to continue with this brand. But my big question is to go for the E650 or E480 (I have no chance to hear them) I ask the foreros who know these 2 models to give me their opinions please. I usually listen to jazz. Thank you very much.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Accuphase E480 vs E650

All comes down to your speakers

3. Likes Andik777 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dznutz View Post
    All comes down to your speakers

Thanks for answering, I currently have the Proac Response D18, in 2019 new speakers will surely come, but it is another topic that I have to analyze well later.

Post Thanks / Like

If you can afford it, go with the e650 (or the new e800(?)) to avoid an upgrade in the future. Itís just money after all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Amplification: Accuphase A200 (2)//C3800//C37
    Tuner: MagnumDynalab 108T/SE
    Table/Cart: ClearAudio Innovation // Lyra Kleos
    Speakers: TAD CR-1, REL S/3 SHO
    Power: Accuphase PS1230 (2)
    DAC/Spinner: PSAudio DirectStream DAC/ Memory Player
    Silenzio Music Server
    Verastarr Cables
    AudioDesk Systeme RCM
    Stillpoints - to near excess

6. Likes Andik777 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hounddog View Post
    If you can afford it, go with the e650 (or the new e800(?)) to avoid an upgrade in the future. It’s just money after all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Thank you for your comment, I would love to have the E800, but it is more expensive, and at this moment it is almost impossible.

Post Thanks / Like

I currently have the E-650. Prior to that I had the E-470. They are both very good amps. If 30 wpc is sufficient for your needs, get the E-650. If not, the E-480 is very, very good.
    Gary
    Accuphase E-650; Lumin A1; Tannoy Canterbury GR

9. Likes joeinid, Andik777 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oly View Post
    I currently have the E-650. Prior to that I had the E-470. They are both very good amps. If 30 wpc is sufficient for your needs, get the E-650. If not, the E-480 is very, very good.
    Thanks Oly.

Post Thanks / Like

Again, power is not the primary determining factor in selecting one or the other. They sound distinctly different. Anyone who says "if 30 watts are enough then go Class A" either has no experience or is simply giving bad advice. Both Integrated's are engineered and built phenomenally well, but they do not sound the same. As an example for reference, I have owned the Canterbury GR... and powered them with Devialet, Bryston and Sugden (A). I would agree that Class A sounded the best/most natural there... but it was a boring sound for me.

I owned the Proac K6 for a very short period of time so I dont feel comfortable advising which one would work better with Proacs.

12. Thanks Andik777 thanked for this post
    Likes Andik777 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dznutz View Post
    Again, power is not the primary determining factor in selecting one or the other. They sound distinctly different. Anyone who says "if 30 watts are enough then go Class A" either has no experience or is simply giving bad advice. Both Integrated's are engineered and built phenomenally well, but they do not sound the same. As an example for reference, I have owned the Canterbury GR... and powered them with Devialet, Bryston and Sugden (A). I would agree that Class A sounded the best/most natural there... but it was a boring sound for me.

I owned the Proac K6 for a very short period of time so I dont feel comfortable advising which one would work better with Proacs.
    Hello dznutz, I am very grateful for your comment, it is not certain, but I think that in 2020 I will change all my equipment, I want a change. Very soon I tell you the news. Thank you once again, to the users for their messages.
    Accuphase E-370 Power Cord Wireworld Electra 7
    Lumin A1 Power Cord PAD Vesta
    ProAc Response D18 Speaker Cable Bi Wiring PAD Musaeus Luminist
    Interconnect Cable XLR PAD Musaeus Luminist

Post Thanks / Like

I might depend of the efficiency of your speakers and how loud you listen etc but the E-650 is in different league (better) than the E-480.
    Audio Room: Luxman L-590AX II, Esoteric K-01X, Aurender N10, Clearaudio Innovation, KEF Blade 2, Audeze LCD-XC, Audioquest Niagara 5000, Synergistic Research Euphoria speaker cables, Wireworld Platinum USB and COAX, Audioquest WEL interconnects and Hurricane power cords, Core Audio Designs racks, Stillpoints, HRS damping plates and all that other silly stuff

Living Room: (aka Maria's system): Primaluna DiaLogue Premium Integrated, Audio Physic Tempo Special Ed., Cambridge Audio 840C, Bluesound Node 2, Accusound and Nordost interconnects and cables

Office: McIntosh MA252, Bluesound Node 2, Chord 2Qute DAC, Diapason Neos, Tellurium Q silver speaker cables and Nordost Frey 2 interconnects

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast