LUMIN power switch: do you use it? - Page 2
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: LUMIN power switch: do you use it?

Quote Originally Posted by wklie View Post
    The power supply inside U1 MINI conforms to UL60950-1.

Clocks need time to stabilize so it's usually better being left powered on. Use the idle sleep setting.
    Awesome! Thanks Peter. And thanks to everyone who answered. Looks like you all are doing the right thing; and now I am too ;-)

Cheers,
    M1k3

2. Thanks thingswelike thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I keep my Lumin X1 and my DAC on 24/7 with display off.

LUMIN / WestminsterLab

4. Thanks M1k3 thanked for this post
    Likes joeinid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I keep the power switch in the back on all the time but I turn the unit off with the app, but forgot to add:
    At the moment I connect an external HDD to my T2 but it's not recognized when waking the T2 from standby, so I have to turn the power off and back on, which can't be good.
    Wondering if the T2 uses the same amount of power in standby and when on?
    If left on I will have to remove the external HDD and connect it when I want to play music.
    I'll have to test it as I'm not sure if the T2 will detect my HDD when connecting it while on?
    Boenicke Audio W11 Speakers with SwingBase; MFA Baby Reference V2 Passive Preamp; Lumin T2; Nord One SE UP NC500DM Stereo; Roksan Caspian CD Player; SRM Arezzo Turntable; Ortofon 2M Blue; Rothwell Rialto; Synology DS215j; Van Damme Blue series/Mark Grant

ATMOS/DTS X 5.1.4: Sony VPL-HW45ES; 97" Filmex Screen; Arcam AVR390; Nakamichi AVP1; Sony BDP-S7200; XTZ Cinema Series: M6, S5, S2; XTZ 12.17 Sub

6. Likes Andik777 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Showroom Dummies View Post
    I keep the power switch in the back on all the time but I turn the unit off with the app, but forgot to add:
    At the moment I connect an external HDD to my T2 but it's not recognized when waking the T2 from standby, so I have to turn the power off and back on, which can't be good.
    If left on I will have to remove the external HDD and connect it when I want to play music.
    I'll have to test it as I'm not sure if the T2 will detect my HDD when connecting it while on?
    I have exactly the same "problem" with my A1, for now the only solution is to turn the A1 on and off.

8. Likes Showroom Dummies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Andik777 View Post
    I have exactly the same "problem" with my A1, for now the only solution is to turn the A1 on and off.
    Wonder why the HDD can't be detected?
    It is a pain and constantly turning the Lumin on and off will lessen the lifespan.
    They aren't exactly cheap to replace!
    Boenicke Audio W11 Speakers with SwingBase; MFA Baby Reference V2 Passive Preamp; Lumin T2; Nord One SE UP NC500DM Stereo; Roksan Caspian CD Player; SRM Arezzo Turntable; Ortofon 2M Blue; Rothwell Rialto; Synology DS215j; Van Damme Blue series/Mark Grant

ATMOS/DTS X 5.1.4: Sony VPL-HW45ES; 97" Filmex Screen; Arcam AVR390; Nakamichi AVP1; Sony BDP-S7200; XTZ Cinema Series: M6, S5, S2; XTZ 12.17 Sub

Post Thanks / Like

It is a pain and constantly turning the Lumin on and off will lessen the lifespan.
    They aren't exactly cheap to replace!
    I usually listen to Tidal, very rarely I use the external disk, (WD 1Tb formatted and tested in FAT32 and NTFS) We have to wait for the response of dear Peter.

Post Thanks / Like

I have that "switch off switch on" problem with my D2, but it happens when it won't play/connect to an internet radio station using the app.
    I wonder why that is? I power cycle the Lumin, it's OK for a few days, then I have to do it again.

Post Thanks / Like

We actually tested for this problem report before, but not reproducible with the USB HDD we have.

I know for a fact that some USB HDD like to sleep on their own when left idle for some time. Some of them do not wake up properly with Linux.

Please run the free MinimServer software on a NAS or computer instead, and store the music there instead. This way you won't have USB HDD issue, and you'll get more views and much faster browsing from Lumin app.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for always on.
    Choosing to “idle sleep” on the app will be equivalent to turn it off on the app?

Also made the Sbooster upgrade to the T2 and never look back
    Sounds great

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gabweb View Post
    Another vote for always on.
    Choosing to “idle sleep” on the app will be equivalent to turn it off on the app?

Also made the Sbooster upgrade to the T2 and never look back
    Sounds great
    Since you use the Sbooster, that too is always on, so I was wondering does the Sbooster get warm? I’m thinking about it for the U1 Mini (even though I’ve only owned it for a few weeks and am quite happy with the stock SMPS [but I’m curious and it’s an affordable upgrade]). But, I read in one of the reviews that it made someone’s Mytek DAC hot. Does it make your T2 hot? My U1 mini barely gets warm, and heat is the enemy in my small listening room, especially in the summer.

Cheers,
    M1k3

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast