Subs for Ultra Fast Speakers - Page 3
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Subs for Ultra Fast Speakers

I was worried about this for my own setup, particularly because my main speakers are Janszen ZA1.1s (now known as Carmelitas) which are a combination electrostatic monopole matched to two 7" dynamic woofers. These gave me solid bass down to perhaps 40-45 Hz, but I wanted more full range, so I added a sealed SVS Ultra-13 subwoofer (now known as the SB-4000). My apartment space available limits me to only one, but I have been exceptionally impressed with how "fast" it is compared to my main speakers. I cannot tell where the sub is physically located in the room, even with it being located very close to the left speaker. Of course, having only one sub means I have to deal with room modes (which don't occur at my main listening position, but do if I decide to sit off-axis in my recliner), but since it's just me in the apartment, I'm not that worried about it.
    Pass Labs XP-10, Odyssey Audio Stratos+ Monoblocks, OPPO UDP-205, Auralic Aries G1, Bryston BDA-3, Janszen zA1.1, SVS SB13-Ultra, Audioquest cabling, Panamax power conditioner

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Subs for Ultra Fast Speakers

http://wilson-benesch.com/torus-infrasonic-generator/

I really don't care what anyone's opinion on these are as I've had them in 6 different rooms & even more systems & have only ever heard unnecessarily added sound from my poor judgement of tuning. Fast?. These things are waiting at the check-in lounge half cut already...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3