Edís System - Page 15
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15

Thread: Edís System

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Edís System

I believe he's using Switch > eR > Giga > Dac.

Just from reading the descriptions of what the Gigafoil and EtherRegen are designed to do:

Gigafoil: filter EMI by 100db in a range from 10 kHz to 10ghz.

EtherRegen: block all external leakage currents and reduction of clock phase noise.

I don't have any idea of -- how or if-- these techs compliment each other or if they might be redundant. I know John Swenson said he believed the Gigafoil would be superfluous to the eR.

To me, it sounds conceivable that they are addressing different noise issues and with different tech.
    Source: Taiko Audio Server, Cisco 2960 Switch, Gigafoil, Lampizator Pacific Dac. Amp: Luxman 300q power amp Speakers: AvantGarde Duo Mezzo XD, Cables: Alan Maher Designs Power, Duelund Speaker, Shunyata Sigma IC's Audioquest Diamond ethernet. Room Treatment Vicoustic.

Post Thanks / Like

I think he has the Giga in there to. It really sounds to me like I need to get a Gigafoil.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kingrex View Post
    I think he has the Giga in there to. It really sounds to me like I need to get a Gigafoil.
    Rex, Willco is close:

AQ Vox SE > EtherREGEN > Gigafoil V4 > Aurender > DAC

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R with 4point 9 arm & Kuzma 40 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan DíAgostino Momentum Pre Amp and Monos | Boulder Phono 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Valhalla 2/Odin: power, interconnects & speaker | Ansuz: C2 power & interconnect | Audioquest Diamond RJ45ís
    Power: Nordost QRT series | Furutech FP55SN cable from 20 amp breakers within a grounded sub panel to Furutech GTX D NSF packages | Keces P3 & P8 | Surge Guard at Main Panel | ADD POWR series | Environmental Potential EP2050
    Other: HRS M3X | Stillpoints Ultra 6, SS & Mini | Nordost Sort Cones TC & BC | AQ Vox SE switch | etherREGEN | Gigafoil v4 | Vicoustics | Audio Desk Systeme - Glšss

Post Thanks / Like

Edís System

Quote Originally Posted by Willco View Post
    I believe he's using Switch > eR > Giga > Dac.

Just from reading the descriptions of what the Gigafoil and EtherRegen are designed to do:

Gigafoil: filter EMI by 100db in a range from 10 kHz to 10ghz.

EtherRegen: block all external leakage currents and reduction of clock phase noise.

I don't have any idea of -- how or if-- these techs compliment each other or if they might be redundant. I know John Swenson said he believed the Gigafoil would be superfluous to the eR.

To me, it sounds conceivable that they are addressing different noise issues and with different tech.
    I think your right, and belief is best at church.

Itís very obvious in my system the Gigafoil optical filter simply makes things sound more natural, and should be highly considered by who ever does not use one.

Speaking of Gigafoil, you mentioned yours failed - did you contact them? It will interesting to hear the reason why and if they will help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Cabling: Nordost Valhalla 2/Odin: power, interconnects & speaker | Ansuz: C2 power & interconnect | Audioquest Diamond RJ45ís
    Power: Nordost QRT series | Furutech FP55SN cable from 20 amp breakers within a grounded sub panel to Furutech GTX D NSF packages | Keces P3 & P8 | Surge Guard at Main Panel | ADD POWR series | Environmental Potential EP2050
    Other: HRS M3X | Stillpoints Ultra 6, SS & Mini | Nordost Sort Cones TC & BC | AQ Vox SE switch | etherREGEN | Gigafoil v4 | Vicoustics | Audio Desk Systeme - Glšss

Post Thanks / Like

Ha, I think I inadvertently set the voltage too high in the Keces psu and burned the Giga out. They're sending me a replacement at no charge. Pretty nice!!
    Source: Taiko Audio Server, Cisco 2960 Switch, Gigafoil, Lampizator Pacific Dac. Amp: Luxman 300q power amp Speakers: AvantGarde Duo Mezzo XD, Cables: Alan Maher Designs Power, Duelund Speaker, Shunyata Sigma IC's Audioquest Diamond ethernet. Room Treatment Vicoustic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Willco View Post
    Ha, I think I inadvertently set the voltage too high in the Keces psu and burned the Giga out. They're sending me a replacement at no charge. Pretty nice!!
    Excellent, That is standup in book!

You probably now know, but I am almost certain it is 5V.

Look forward to hearing your experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, It's very cool that they replaced it as it was I who clearly fried the unit. To my defense, it happened when I was reconnecting stuff in a dark corner behind stuff while contorted in an uncomfortable yoga pose.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15