Uptone EtherREGEN released Oct 8th - Page 6
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Uptone EtherREGEN released Oct 8th

Quote Originally Posted by still-one View Post
    That isn't too far off when you consider the 20% VAT. ($640 + 20% would be ~$770). converting to Euros (577 Euros + 20% = almost 700 Euros.
    And you have to add $ 34 of transport, plus the commission of Fedex for customs procedures.
    Francisco.
    Aries Cerat Kassandra Ref. MKII / Melco N1ZH60-2 / Audio Research Ref. 5 SE / Constellation Inspiration 1.0 Estéreo / Rockport Atria I / Göbel XLR and RCA cables / Göbel Ethernet and USB cables / MIT Magnum MA Speakers cables / Shunyata Denali 6000 T / Shunyata Sigma NR (4) and Alfa NR (2) / Kenneth Lau LPS for Router, Kenneth Lau LPS for Uptone EtherREGEN Switch / Entreq Olympus Infinity (4) / Entreq Eartha Olympus Infinity Cables (8) / Entreq Everest (8).

Post Thanks / Like

The break-in goes through a bit of downturn before getting better IME. I lost track of hours but probably over 150 hr. It’s now even better than the last time I reported. More focus and clarity with a sense of ease. About 3 days ago it was that relentlessness that you usually get with some component break-in.

3. Thanks Alpinist thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kzhtoo View Post
    The break-in goes through a bit of downturn before getting better IME. I lost track of hours but probably over 150 hr. It’s now even better than the last time I reported. More focus and clarity with a sense of ease. About 3 days ago it was that relentlessness that you usually get with some component break-in.
    Same experience here as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R with 4point 9 arm & Kuzma 40 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum Pre Amp and Monos | Boulder Phono 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Valhalla 2/Odin: power, interconnects & speaker | Ansuz: C2 power & interconnect | Audioquest Diamond RJ45’s
    Power: Nordost QRT series | Furutech FP55SN cable from 20 amp breakers within a grounded sub panel to Furutech GTX D NSF packages | Keces P3 & P8 | Surge Guard at Main Panel | ADD POWR series | Environmental Potential EP2050
    Other: HRS M3X | Stillpoints Ultra 6, SS & Mini | Nordost Sort Cones TC & BC | AQ Vox SE switch | etherREGEN | Gigafoil v4 | Vicoustics | Audio Desk Systeme - Gläss

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve concluded ER is quite good and worthwhile add to any system that streams music. It responds well to aftermarket LPS. It also works very well using in conjunction with Gigafoil. This leads me to question if there’s additional benefit to be had to use in series with more than one ER. For example, ER > ER > Gigafoil > DAC. SOTM reportedly claims daisy-chained SOTM 10G switches are better than one.

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve concluded ER is quite good and worthwhile add to any system that streams music. It responds well to aftermarket LPS. It also works very well using in conjunction with Gigafoil. This leads me to question if there’s additional benefit to be had to use in series with more than one ER. For example, ER > ER > Gigafoil > DAC. SOTM reportedly claims daisy-chained SOTM 10G switches are better than one.
    Some people have tested daisy-chained ERs and did not like the results.
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel: Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC> Lampizator Big 7 MK2 DAC, Oppo UDP-203;

7. Thanks kzhtoo thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dminches View Post
    The unit definitely needs at least 100-150 hours for the sound to settle in. Even if you use it in a non-audio place in your network I would give it time before making a final assessment. I found that the sound of mine changed for quite a while.
    That is correct. Comes on full song by 200 hours.

Post Thanks / Like

Yup....

Post Thanks / Like

No, I don't think so. Some folks, including a good friend, have reported that ER sounds even better when using the Uptone Audio LPS-1.2 power supply over the stock, supplied one. Gonna try this today.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
    No, I don't think so. Some folks, including a good friend, have reported that ER sounds even better when using the Uptone Audio LPS-1.2 power supply over the stock, supplied one. Gonna try this today.
    IME, using a quality LPS and cables did their job in adding performance to etherREGEN.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R with 4point 9 arm & Kuzma 40 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum Pre Amp and Monos | Boulder Phono 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Valhalla 2/Odin: power, interconnects & speaker | Ansuz: C2 power & interconnect | Audioquest Diamond RJ45’s
    Power: Nordost QRT series | Furutech FP55SN cable from 20 amp breakers within a grounded sub panel to Furutech GTX D NSF packages | Keces P3 & P8 | Surge Guard at Main Panel | ADD POWR series | Environmental Potential EP2050
    Other: HRS M3X | Stillpoints Ultra 6, SS & Mini | Nordost Sort Cones TC & BC | AQ Vox SE switch | etherREGEN | Gigafoil v4 | Vicoustics | Audio Desk Systeme - Gläss

Post Thanks / Like

After more break-in, there’s more improvement and I can now say EtherRegen is quite good. It’s a must-have even if you already have a Gigafoil, which you can daisy chain with. If you stream music, it’s a must-try in your system, given its relatively low price.

Note: non-streamers can continue to regard this as snake oil and should look elsewhere.

13. Likes Mike, Puma Cat liked this post

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast