Gryphon Mojo S Review - Page 6
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gryphon Mojo S Review

Alex, Mike, anyone - is it worth replacing the 4 cylindrical feet on Mojo stands with Gryphon spikes? My floor is wood. Just wonder whether any further isolation benefit is available.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, Ian, for your kind words!
    About the speaker cable. VIP is a very good option! But Gryphon cables need to be heated for a long time.
    Be careful with the purchase of the Pantheon! They have a great sound but ... a lot of bass! Very bass! I have them in the demo room. (130 sqm). And sometimes I want them to have less bass)

Quote Originally Posted by eagle3333 View Post
    Excellent production, Alex. Great filming and superb sound recording. Congratulations. ~I think it's the best on YouTube. I have an option on ex demo Pantheon. So now I decide between Pan Theon and Mojo S. But I think I have to be sensible in my 12' wide room.. My usual question - what's the speaker cable?! I'm about to order VIP..

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Alex, Mike, anyone - is it worth replacing the 4 cylindrical feet on Mojo stands with Gryphon spikes? My floor is wood. Just wonder whether any further isolation benefit is available.
    You would have to experiment. We didnít use anything extra.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SimAudio, Stein Music Products, Stenheim Loudspeakers, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Post Thanks / Like

These things can be put if you need to make the bass more assembled, elastic, clear. I don’t think it should be done for Mojo! And for sure the Pantheon!
    For example, I do not have this)

Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Alex. This was what I observed originally. Iíve ordered Mojo anyway. I just thought I might ask the dealer to bring Pantheon to demo with an eye to a future change.
    Iíll try Argento Flow before I order VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Both. Stillpoints had a great effect on my Dynaudio towers. I thought I might make triangular oak platforms with Stillpoint feet for Mojo but itís a lottery as to the result and I definitely wouldnít be happy if I lost any Ďwarmthí.

I made a discovery. Essential to unplug Diablo from wall when changing xlrís. Not enough to turn off with remote control. If I donít do this sound becomes very harsh and compressed. Took me a while to figure out what was going on.. Perhaps the same with all Gryphon amps?
    Last edited by eagle3333; December 27, 2019 at 05:12 AM. Reason: Typo

Post Thanks / Like

Thatís a great space you have there Alex. If you sometimes find too much bass with Pantheon there then for sure I have no chance! They do look stunning in piano black.

Post Thanks / Like

Thatís a great space you have there Alex. If you sometimes find too much bass with Pantheon there then for sure I have no chance! They do look stunning in piano black.

Alex/Mike - I'm missing the big soundstage of my previous floor standers. The Mojo is very good, especially as the volume goes up, but would a pair of subs give me a bigger soundstage as well as more extended bass, especially at lesser volume levels? Pity Gryphon don't make a 3-way smaller than Pantheon! Thanks.

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Alex/Mike - I'm missing the big soundstage of my previous floor standers. The Mojo is very good, especially as the volume goes up, but would a pair of subs give me a bigger soundstage as well as more extended bass, especially at lesser volume levels? Pity Gryphon don't make a 3-way smaller than Pantheon! Thanks.
    Yes, I think the subs would help. Something fast ideally.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SimAudio, Stein Music Products, Stenheim Loudspeakers, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Yes, I think the subs would help. Something fast ideally.
    Thanks, Mike. I was thinking REL S510. I prefer the smaller size of Dynaudio Sub 3 but worry that, like my Dyn floorstanders, they may be too slow in my context. Do they need to be in phase- ie same distance from me as Mojo or, if they come in below, say, 60hz will it make no difference? I know nothing of sub culture so your knowledge is welcome and appreciated. Thanks.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast