A few quick photos of a system in flux - Duo XD ... - Page 8
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: A few quick photos of a system in flux - Duo XD ...

Joe, for a man of your experience and vast repertoire, Iím quite surprised you havenít tried the new MSB family of DACs yet. Even Discrete in its bare form is quite remarkable to say the least.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I know, I know. Mike and I talk all the time. He thinks, based on what I like, that MSB would be perfect. We’ll see what happens after the new year.

Quote Originally Posted by kzhtoo View Post
    Joe, for a man of your experience and vast repertoire, I’m quite surprised you haven’t tried the new MSB family of DACs yet. Even Discrete in its bare form is quite remarkable to say the least.
    Joe

Avantgarde Duo XD, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M, JBL 590.

Job INTegrated, Naim Supernait 2 w/ HiCap-DR.

Conrad Johnson GAT2, Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2, Misho Myronov Wooden pre, Linear Tube Audio MZ2.

First Watt SIT-1 monos, Misho Myronov Wooden amp, First Watt SIT-3, Luxman MQ-300, Job 250 Monos, Valvet E2se, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos.

Lumin U1 mini, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, Audio Mirror Tubadour III NOS R2R Tube Dac w/ upgrades.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Post Thanks / Like

Everything looks beautiful. Congratulations!!

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Andik777 View Post
    Thank you so much, but all the McIntosh gear is gone. Some to my brother and the rest to others.

I know I need updated photos and I’ll do it. I apologize in advance. It’s going to take me a while. The Wooden combo and GAT2/First Watt combo usually get the most play time.
    Joe

Conrad Johnson GAT2, Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2, Misho Myronov Wooden pre, Linear Tube Audio MZ2.

First Watt SIT-1 monos, Misho Myronov Wooden amp, First Watt SIT-3, Luxman MQ-300, Job 250 Monos, Valvet E2se, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos.

Lumin U1 mini, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, Audio Mirror Tubadour III NOS R2R Tube Dac w/ upgrades.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

5. Likes Andik777 liked this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Andik777 View Post
    Thank you so much, but all the McIntosh gear in that photo is gone. Some to my brother and the rest to others.

I know I need updated photos and I’ll do it. I apologize in advance. It’s going to take me a while. The Wooden combo and GAT2/First Watt combo usually get the most play time.
    Last edited by joeinid; November 20, 2019 at 08:50 AM.
    Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    Thank you so much, but all the McIntosh gear is gone. Some to my brother and the rest to others.

Thanks Joeinid, I'll be attentive

8. Likes joeinid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Kuoppis;287221]No-ho way-hey .

As you write, the server is part of your source. Same way as if you use a suboptimal turn table with a top cart.

The server has huge influence.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/

I am using it as a roon endpoint at the moment and will most likely take the roon core off my laptop and have the wavedream net be the roon core - perhaps more performance to be squeezed out this way? When I get my hands on a nice i2s cable I will see what diff that makes as well, currently using a wireworld gold aes/ebu cable. Not to derail this thread but I was using a metrum ambre as a roon endpoint before and the change was immediately noticeable with the bass tightening up and having greater midbass punch. the soundstage got significantly deeper. I am stunned by the difference...to me it was similar to the time when I changed around preamps and noticed what a huge difference they were having on the tonality of the system. I got the dac just a little under a year ago so can't comment on if the dac was a bigger diff or the server but they are making some MUSIC together.

I hate using this cliche audiophile anecdote but, yes, even non audio friends noticed the difference immediately. "woah, something sounds different and bigger". even my gf who loves the rig but can't sit still and listen to music said "i know you get stuff and theres always something slightly different, but whatever your new piece is has everything sounding very real".

And Joe, you're totally right. There is always a latest and greatest esp in digital. For my ears, in my current room, and with my current system. I think I've found my digital endgame...for now!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8