Nyquist MK II DAC - Page 2
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nyquist MK II DAC

Quote Originally Posted by Ctsooner View Post
    guys, I have no skin in the game other than owning one, but the Laufer Teknik DAC will be as good or better. Two box solution. Mine is prototype as I stated above and it already sounds better than the Chord Dave and Ayre QX5/20 (I just sold mine and it's outstanding also). You can customize it with whatever caps you want etc.. It's a tubed DAC that is fully balanced. If you want to get in touch with Sam Laufer, let me know. Lot's of great options right now.
    I wasn’t clear, are you saying you own a Brinkmann, if so, MK I or II? Also, what did you just sell?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi S with 4point 9 arm & Kuzma 40 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum Pre Amp and Monos | Boulder Phono 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Valhalla 2: power, interconnects & speaker cables | Ansuz: C2 power & interconnect cables
    Power: Nordost QRT series | Keces P3 & P8 | Furutech GTX D NSF package | Dedicated 20 amp with Surge Guard
    Foundation: HRS M3X | Stillpoints Ultra 6, SS & Mini | Nordost Sort Cones TC & BC | AQ Vox SE switch | Gigafoil v4

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nyquist MK II DAC

LOL...sorry, that's the MS. I just sold my Ayre QX5/20 DAC. I have extensive auditioning with the Nyquist and also the mk2. Wonderful products that I would probably own if I didn't go with the Laufer Teknik DAC that I currently own in prototype form. Mark and Sam are making a major upgrade already by making it a two box unit and upgrading many of the components. Mark is a genius (literally) and has a great ear for audio. His software is ground breaking stuff (in his server). feel free to read up on it on their website.
    System:
    Vandersteen Quatro CT
    Ayre AX5/20
    Ayre QX5/20 (The Memory Player with built in DAC and headphone amp built in on order)
    Steve Nugent rebuilt Mac mini (2009) with Paul Hynes LPS and custom silver cable server
    AQ Niagara 1000 power device
    Audioquest Castlerock speaker cables
    Wire world optical cable into the Empirical Audio Synchro Mesh from the TV and Blueray to reclock
    Wireworld Platnium 8 ethernet cables into the EMO 70e ethernet filter into the QX5/20 from Eero mesh router
    All routers, cable box and synchro mesh powered by the Wyred4sound LPS box with separate supplies for each
    Audioquest power outlets and two dedicated power lines in the room
    ZMF Ori headphones with the Audioarts 15' Pono balanced cable for the QX5/20
    Empire Ears Phantom CIEM's
    A&K 380cu with matching cu amp (copper which is much warmer than their normal cases)
    Rhapsodio 2.98 mk2 gold plated silver cable for Phantom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2