Critical Mass Center Stage 2 - Page 5
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Critical Mass Center Stage 2

Quote Originally Posted by Skanda View Post
    Hey Mike, the rack i am using for my components is actually a piece of furniture and not a dedicated audio rack. my system sits in the living room and while i'm open to changing out the rack my gf really likes how it fits with the decor...unfortunately, amps are getting bigger etc and i'm worried about the weight and vibration. not sure cms will help with the weight but would vibration issues be solved if i slipped these footers under each leg?
    You really need the rack first and then use the CenterStage 2 under the component and on the rack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, Constellation Audio, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones & Loudspeakers, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, Keces Power Supplies, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SimAudio, SRA, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

2. Thanks Skanda thanked for this post
    Likes Skanda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike, can you tell me that CS 2 footer works well with tube devices? I want them for my arc ref10,cd9, and 75se , and if the answer is yes, do you think the size of 0.8 is right one for my arc devices

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum, thank you for joining.
    Joe

Avantgarde Duo XD, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M, JBL 590.

Accuphase E-650 w/ Dac, Job INTegrated, Naim Supernait 2 w/ HiCap-DR.

Conrad Johnson GAT2, Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2, Misho Myronov Wooden pre, Linear Tube Audio MZ2.

First Watt SIT-1 monos, Misho Myronov Wooden amp, First Watt SIT-3, Luxman MQ-300, Job 250 Monos, Valvet E2se, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, Cary 300B SE monos, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos.

Lumin U1 mini, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, Audio Mirror Tubadour III NOS R2R Tube Dac w/ upgrades.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bitcomet View Post
    Mike, can you tell me that CS 2 footer works well with tube devices? I want them for my arc ref10,cd9, and 75se , and if the answer is yes, do you think the size of 0.8 is right one for my arc devices
    They work great with tube equipment (and digital especially). The 0.8 vs 1.0 vs 1.5 is the same, just measure! You want to measure the distance from the bottom of the chassis to the rack. If 0.8 will work, get those. But with ARC, I’m guessing 1.0...but again, measure.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, Constellation Audio, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones & Loudspeakers, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, Keces Power Supplies, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SimAudio, SRA, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bitcomet View Post
    ..do you think the size of 0.8 is right one for my arc devices
    On the aspect of sizing. According to CM size affects performance. This quote from an email they sent me on this:

"CS2 is designed such that the taller the foot, the better the performance. Improvements are clearly audible and top to bottom in nature without trade-offs. So, the first priority is to elevate the component off of its stock feet. Then, it's a matter of budget and/or your listening objectives."

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have to play the system constantly (like breaking in speakers) during the first two weeks or can you leave it turned on?
    Avid Acutus SME V Benz Lp-S
    Clearaudio Master Innovation Thales Simplicity Orotofon Anna
    CH Precision C1 Meridian Sooloos
    Audio Research ref 2 Phono

Post Thanks / Like

Install the CM2 footers underneath your components. Nothing else required.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brodricj View Post
    Install the CM2 footers underneath your components. Nothing else required.
    So i can just leave them under my equipment and go on holiday for two weeks without playing music????
    Avid Acutus SME V Benz Lp-S
    Clearaudio Master Innovation Thales Simplicity Orotofon Anna
    CH Precision C1 Meridian Sooloos
    Audio Research ref 2 Phono

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, sure can.

11. Thanks Howiebrou thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brodricj View Post
    On the aspect of sizing. According to CM size affects performance. This quote from an email they sent me on this:

"CS2 is designed such that the taller the foot, the better the performance. Improvements are clearly audible and top to bottom in nature without trade-offs. So, the first priority is to elevate the component off of its stock feet. Then, it's a matter of budget and/or your listening objectives."
    As reviews say go from 1" to 1.5" for amps make a big difference also 0.8" to 1" for pre,cd make improvements but I dont think for digital sources and pre amplifiers 1.5" make audible differences compare to 1" because digital sources and pre amplifiers are usually under 40 pounds unlike heavy power amps

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5