Lampizator Pacific - Page 10
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lampizator Pacific arrives at Suncoast Audio

I posted a picture of the rear of your premap. The tiny black screw is your ground binding post
    I’ll post all pics high lighted in one post today.
    then attach a simple diagram and list to buy.
    remember this is a simple way to help you resolve hum noises
    i don’t sell products and do know many products sold are very very good.
    One being made by Miguel of Tri point.
    next post soon.
    TUBEZATOR

preamp ML26
    amps ML No.33
    Bespoke Windows Server 2016 server with AO
    Infinity IRS-V speakers with Xover redone by Arie Nudell.
    Dac lampi Pac and GG2.

2. Likes Golum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lampizator Pacific

A couple of questions. Describe how the power is setup ? How many circuits and outlet layout please
    the amp does not have a ground post and this is ok in general.
    are you using bal interconnects from preamp to amps ? Even if converted at pre amp or amp and how long ?
    TUBEZATOR

preamp ML26
    amps ML No.33
    Bespoke Windows Server 2016 server with AO
    Infinity IRS-V speakers with Xover redone by Arie Nudell.
    Dac lampi Pac and GG2.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lampizator Pacific arrives at Suncoast Audio

Quote Originally Posted by Alrainbow View Post
    Can you please repost the photo.
    Joe

Avantgarde Duo XD, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M, JBL 590.

Job INTegrated, Naim Supernait 2 w/ HiCap-DR.

Conrad Johnson GAT2, Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2, Misho Myronov Wooden pre.

Misho Myronov Wooden amp, First Watt SIT-3 (X2 - one as backup), Job 250 Monos, Valvet E2se, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos.

Lumin U1 mini, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, Audio Mirror Tubadour III NOS R2R Tube Dac w/ upgrades.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes please repost picture, we can’t see it.

As for connection:

Amp, preamp, Dac, NAS, streamer plugged into a power conditioner and power conditioner plugged into a dedicated duplex.

RCA cables from preamp to: Amp and DAC.
    NAS connected via ethernet to router switch
    Streamer connected via Ethernet to router switch; streamer connected to DAC via USB

Post Thanks / Like

I spoke with Jeff at Conrad Johnson and was told to first try and isolate the amp and pream by plugging both to the same duplex so they share a common ground, with the long term goal of installing a quadplex and plugging all the major components. I was told that the distance of two separate outlets (ground) causes a loop effect. I’ll report back.

Post Thanks / Like

What two separate outlets? You told us everything was plugged into one line conditioner and then into one outlet. Try what Jeff suggested but don't think that's it. What I suggested this morning would have answered your questions about the cause of the hum in a few minutes if it was power related. if you have a bad IC somewhere in the chain then that's another and different method of search.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Nuprime CDT-8, Auralic Aries G1, Aqua La Voce S3, Supratek Chardonnay, Van Alstine Vision SET 400, Verity Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC's , Triode Wire Lab PC', USB & SC's, PS Audio Stellar P3, PI Audio Uberbuss, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Teac NT-505, Audia Flight FL Three S, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Audio Sensibility SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Post Thanks / Like

I have two separate lines one with its own breaker going to a single duplex that’s located next to each other. Jeff instructed me to use just one duplex for both the amp and preamp; I did this and I’m not getting any static hum from the speakers. He said the long term goal is to make the single duplex into a quad rather so that the 4 outlets will share a common ground.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

So all works fine now? No static or hum?
    Joe

Misho Myronov Wooden amp, First Watt SIT-3 (X2 - one as backup), Job 250 Monos, Valvet E2se, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos.

Lumin U1 mini, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, Audio Mirror Tubadour III NOS R2R Tube Dac w/ upgrades.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Post Thanks / Like

So you ran two dedicated lines and put the outlets right next to each other not knowing they are apparently on a different phase. If you in fact had all the gear plugged into the same line conditioner then that wouldn't have been the problem but if you had everything but the amp in the line conditioner in one duplex and the amp straight into the other duplex then there was your problem. Different explanation than earlier but glad you figured it out. As to what Jeff suggested about the outlets that is better answered by Al or Rex by PM as they are electricians. It may be simple or not.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Nuprime CDT-8, Auralic Aries G1, Aqua La Voce S3, Supratek Chardonnay, Van Alstine Vision SET 400, Verity Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC's , Triode Wire Lab PC', USB & SC's, PS Audio Stellar P3, PI Audio Uberbuss, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Teac NT-505, Audia Flight FL Three S, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Audio Sensibility SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

With my previous GAT1 and ART monos, I had to put everything on the SAME outlet. One plug into the wall with multiple outlets on it for everything. No hum! I thought that's what we were telling you. EVERYTHING on ONE outlet.

The quote below was from January 18th.

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    Something else to think about, with Conrad Johnson, everything should be run from one circuit to minimize any chance of mismatched grounds.

Last edited by joeinid; January 23, 2020 at 11:18 PM.
    Joe

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast