MBL 101e MK2 - Page 12
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Thread: MBL 101e MK2

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MBL 101e MK2

The MBL 101E MK2 speakers are exceptional transducers. Of course, like any other speaker, appropriate setup is needed. They provide a fantastic musical experience with a huge soundstage, very accurate image with excellent dynamics. I’m driving mine with a D’Agostino Momentum S250 which drives them with nice control and they play plenty loud.

As Mike mentions, they can be easily adjusted in the back of the speaker. My preferred setting is all copper. My room is 20 X 15 X 10.5.

Mike

2. Thanks joeinid thanked for this post
    Likes Kuoppis, Mike, joeinid, a.wayne liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ritmo View Post
    The MBL 101E MK2 speakers are exceptional transducers. Of course, like any other speaker, appropriate setup is needed. They provide a fantastic musical experience with a huge soundstage, very accurate image with excellent dynamics. Iím driving mine with a DíAgostino Momentum S250 which drives them with nice control and they play plenty loud.

As Mike mentions, they can be easily adjusted in the back of the speaker. My preferred setting is all copper. My room is 20 X 15 X 10.5.
    hey ritmo, thanks for sharing. quick question about your set up. i noticed that the s250 has the standard 1 set of speaker out terminals for both left and right channel. are you using a jumper? this is something i'd have to consider if i wanted to use my amp to start/if i wanted to avoid monos and bi amping etc. also, if you had the chance to test, did you notice a significant difference between biamping vs. using the jumper. my guess is probably not since you are still using the s250...

interesting regarding the copper choice. i actually run a loom of wireworld cable in my rig right now (well it used to be a loom but now i have some snazzy new boxes that i am running with stock cables because i've been too lazy to take measurements and order the necessary wireworld cabling). it is my understanding that the internals of the 101 are wired with ww platinum. i use all copper on my rig right now as it helps add some body and smoothness for the not so great records while still allowing the great stuff to shine. this gives me some idea of how the jumper changes might sound but if you have any experiences to share about the sound in your system as you change the settings on the back, would be grateful to read your feedback.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skanda View Post
    hey ritmo, thanks for sharing. quick question about your set up. i noticed that the s250 has the standard 1 set of speaker out terminals for both left and right channel. are you using a jumper? this is something i'd have to consider if i wanted to use my amp to start/if i wanted to avoid monos and bi amping etc. also, if you had the chance to test, did you notice a significant difference between biamping vs. using the jumper. my guess is probably not since you are still using the s250...

interesting regarding the copper choice. i actually run a loom of wireworld cable in my rig right now (well it used to be a loom but now i have some snazzy new boxes that i am running with stock cables because i've been too lazy to take measurements and order the necessary wireworld cabling). it is my understanding that the internals of the 101 are wired with ww platinum. i use all copper on my rig right now as it helps add some body and smoothness for the not so great records while still allowing the great stuff to shine. this gives me some idea of how the jumper changes might sound but if you have any experiences to share about the sound in your system as you change the settings on the back, would be grateful to read your feedback.
    I'll let Mike (Ritmo) respond to your jumper questions. I just want to state that I had the opportunity to hear Mike's setup last week when I was in Florida. There is no doubt in my mind that the S250 is able to handle the 101e MK II's in a nice size room such as Mike's. He has some plans to possibly tweak the speakers position in the room, determine whether he will adjust his room treatments and audition some different speaker cables and PC's. None of these are necessary as his set-up sounds excellent. He just wants to make sure he isn't leaving anything on the table.
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's & HD Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi DAC, Clock & Upsampler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata

5. Thanks Ritmo, a.wayne thanked for this post
    Likes Skanda, Ritmo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skanda View Post

I’m currently using jumpers on the speaker side as a temporary solution. I’m in the process of trying out speaker cables. I’m currently using Shunyata Anacondas. Did try (and liked very much) AQ Thunders (Zero + Bass) in a special configuration they make terminated as a stereo set on the amp side and bi-wire on the speaker end. I’m about to try several speaker cables from Wireworld - more to come.

Mike

7. Likes a.wayne, Skanda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by still-one View Post
    I'll let Mike (Ritmo) respond to your jumper questions. I just want to state that I had the opportunity to hear Mike's setup last week when I was in Florida. There is no doubt in my mind that the S250 is able to handle the 101e MK II's in a nice size room such as Mike's. He has some plans to possibly tweak the speakers position in the room, determine whether he will adjust his room treatments and audition some different speaker cables and PC's. None of these are necessary as his set-up sounds excellent. He just wants to make sure he isn't leaving anything on the table.
    Jim - Awfully nice of you to comment. It was great catching up with you.

Mike

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12