Mike

Audioshark
Staff member
e7806baf886072119abd7d5319da0b95.jpg

53e1fcf86d1261f82b3e08617298e037.jpg

6e05a2bec91d76eab5cfd920b6c5da9d.jpg

a28c903ee94c342afe7e75d9f0baab5c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m very interested in hearing your impressions Mike.

Darrell - I’ll go in tomorrow and listen longer, but first impressions: if Magico made an S4, this would be it. It has such weight and bass weight. Mids and highs are fabulous. Gotta say, for a $20k ish speaker, this will set a whole new benchmark in performance. Maybe a little too good.

Darrell - I’ll go in tomorrow and listen longer, but first impressions: if Magico made an S4, this would be it. It has such weight and bass weight. Mids and highs are fabulous. Gotta say, for a $20k ish speaker, this will set a whole new benchmark in performance. Maybe a little too good.

Thanks Mike. Bring your video camera so you can share! :rolleyes:

Sounds like these are better than the S5 MK II. Too bad you can’t get them in different colors like the S series.

I could live with the A-chassis look, but the cf on my M3's is a look that can't be beaten. The A5 price is very reasonable for the level of performance it brings to the party.

Sounds like these are better than the S5 MK II. Too bad you can’t get them in different colors like the S series.

Bud, not better than S5 Mk2. I would say the S series still has some nice advantages with cabinet shape/construction, color options, etc.

However, these new A5’s would eclipse the Q3/5 for me. They have that S/M DNA and performance.

That being said, they are still not close to any of the M speakers (and that’s a good thing - phew!)

Frankly, unless your room was really small, I couldn’t see anyone picking an S1 over an A5. S3 because a tougher choice: cabinet on S3 is better, color options, etc.

But this A5 is scary good. At ~$20K, very hard to beat IMO.

I’m breaking them in with the Boulder 2160/1110 combo and the MSB Discrete DAC.

Nice to see Magico addressing the more 'affordable' end of the spectrum with superb offerings ….. :congrats:

Back