Nagra's new HD Preamp debut at RMAF

OMG! Looks incredible with outstanding specs. 160dB SNR :exciting:

I saw the price and nearly fainted. Everything is getting very expensive. Just wish I hit the lottery. I'd push the buy button on that baby.

Joe, for you, USD$375.00/db For me AUD$477.00/db ...

The volume control looks interesting:

The volume control is a patent pending technology that allows perfect level matching with a much more transparent sound compared to pots and switch resistor technology, because there is no attenuation of the input signal, just an automatic selection of a tap on the Nagra custom output transformer.

Nagra has a long heritage of great preamps. I used to own a Nagra PLL. Still love my Nagra VPS that I've owned for years now...

This HD preamp seems to be outstanding...very curious to hear it !

It looks like a reference level preamp for a premium price. I bet the sound quality is at the highest level. Disappointed with only two balanced inputs though. Right now, I have three balanced sources.

Ken

Nagra HD Preamp :-) !! Pretty sweet pairing with my HD amps ....

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0075 (1).jpg
    IMG_0075 (1).jpg
    937.2 KB · Views: 193
Wow! Huge congrats John.
That is one hell of a preamp and amp combo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow! go awesome preamp.
Do not be "evil" and tell us how you compare with your previous Robert Koda.

Wow! go awesome preamp.
Do not be "evil" and tell us how you compare with your previous Robert Koda.

HD pre is still breaking in...only 4-5 days playing time. The Koda is quite special. Especially in the mids. The Nagra is more even top to bottom, more energy, more resolution, but at the same time is relaxed which was a Koda strong suit. The Nagra is really nice...I'll post more as it breaks in...they are both awesome. One is better...

Yes, more details please [emoji3].

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Nagra HD Pre just sounds incredible and takes the HD amps up several notches. It is NOT subtle. I've heard the Classic Preamp in my home. I really liked it. I thought my Koda K10 was better a bit. Especially in how it portrays things in space, the weight on the notes, how finely everything is presented resolution wise and how it draws you into the music. The Classic pre was a bit better in dynamics and sheer resolution. The HD Preamp is even better than the best of the Koda and the Classic...just has a beautiful warmth, but with super resolution. Much more 3d like in imaging. Dynamics to die for. It just makes instruments sound like instruments. I don't know how else to say it. It's much like they are in your room playing. I've been glued to my system for a week now..seriously.

This is one killer good preamp.

The Nagra HD Pre just sounds incredible and takes the HD amps up several notches. It is NOT subtle. I've heard the Classic Preamp in my home. I really liked it. I thought my Koda K10 was better a bit. Especially in how it portrays things in space, the weight on the notes, how finely everything is presented resolution wise and how it draws you into the music. The Classic pre was a bit better in dynamics and sheer resolution. The HD Preamp is even better than the best of the Koda and the Classic...just has a beautiful warmth, but with super resolution. Much more 3d like in imaging. Dynamics to die for. It just makes instruments sound like instruments. I don't know how else to say it. It's much like they are in your room playing. I've been glued to my system for a week now..seriously.

This is one killer good preamp.

Jfrech, thank you for sharing your experiences. It sounds like the HD pre is really exceptional. I know the Classic pre is already very good, I mean really good.

As the HD pre is even better based on what you say, it must be the bees knees.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Had a interesting demo on Friday afternoon. My dealer had a client who owns the Nagra Classic Preamp and is considering buying a HD Preamp.

So in goes the Classic preamp into my system. I thought I noticed real quick some things missing. But we listened to various tracks for about a hour. It was quite enjoyable and sounded very good to me. Switched cables to the HD Preamp. And listened in reverse order to the tracks we just listened to on the Classic. This guy looks up after about 20 seconds, and exclaims, I think you're not playing the same track that we just listened to on the classic. Sounds like a different recording. Exactly what I heard. This was no subtle change...the HD Preamp is quite remarkable is it's ability to sound natural, portray immense resolution, and just draw you into each recording. It's like upgrading speakers..it's major improvement.

The Nagra HD preamp is special.

The local dealer here will be showing the full HD set-up at Axpona. I think he told me he was paring it with M3's.

Back