My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats) - Page 3
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 249
  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    742
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Ian - Ray's Genius Loves Company sounds wonderful.

    I reckon you're correct. I do have it, but wasn't impressed by his performance in it (recall him sounding very tired) and promptly forgot about it. Maybe I'll give it another spin.
    Speakers: Magico M-Project w/MPods
    Amps: CAT Legend -> CAT JL7s
    Analog: Kronos Pro Limited Edition / Black Beauty tonearm / Zyx Universe Premium, Ortofon A95
    Digital: Roon->Vivaldi DAC/Upsampler
    Cables/Power: Kubala Sosna Elation ICs & SCs / Shunyata Denali 6000T & PC's / Furutech outlets

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    379
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)

    The other great Ray Charles album was "done" after his death. In "Ray Sings Basie Swings" the Count Basie orchestra used his vocals from some live shows, then played along behind them. The results are awesome and you would never know this wasn't planned right from the begionning.

    51qOh9gPNKL._SY300_.jpg
    Vine, Vide, Velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    320
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)

    Quote Originally Posted by madfloyd View Post
    Break your rule and list more! I have never heard a Ray Charles album that was recorded well so would love to know which one you were thinking of...
    Hi Madfloyd
    This is the one I was thinking of, and especially tr.3 Half AS Much.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,100
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)

    Great post. I will check out your recommendations. Here is one of mine.

    515N+tY0WmL.jpg

    Patty Larkin - Still Green

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)

    Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    The other great Ray Charles album was "done" after his death. In "Ray Sings Basie Swings" the Count Basie orchestra used his vocals from some live shows, then played along behind them. The results are awesome and you would never know this wasn't planned right from the begionning.

    51qOh9gPNKL._SY300_.jpg
    i was actually going to say this, and you beat me to it...that is an incredibly good album. On an absolute scale, great sonics imho. My fav Ray Charles Album.
    Source: Zanden 4-Box Digital
    Amp: CJ GAT2 + Gryphon Mephisto Stereo
    Speaker: Wilson X1 + Velodyne DD18+


    Cable: TA Opus (Gen5 & MM2) + PAD 25th + Sablon GCUber
    Power: 7 Dedicated Lines Furutech + Burmester 948 + NordostQX4
    Isolation: Under: HRS+Stillpoints+Auralex Top: HRS+Artesania+Entreq+EAT+90kg Mass
    Ground/Shield: Tripoint Troy Sig & Thor + Entreq Atlantis / Receivus +Everest+Wrap
    Room/Tube: Stillpoints Apertures / Amperex + Mullard
    Headphone Setup: Sennheiser 650 + Arcam rHead + Apogee Groove

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)

    Quote Originally Posted by madfloyd View Post
    I reckon you're correct. I do have it, but wasn't impressed by his performance in it (recall him sounding very tired) and promptly forgot about it. Maybe I'll give it another spin.
    I tend to agree that Ray Charles recordings often lack in the audiophile sense. Ray Sings/Basie Swings is awesome. Also try Ingredients in a Recipe for Soul...done by Steve Hoffman.
    Source: Zanden 4-Box Digital
    Amp: CJ GAT2 + Gryphon Mephisto Stereo
    Speaker: Wilson X1 + Velodyne DD18+


    Cable: TA Opus (Gen5 & MM2) + PAD 25th + Sablon GCUber
    Power: 7 Dedicated Lines Furutech + Burmester 948 + NordostQX4
    Isolation: Under: HRS+Stillpoints+Auralex Top: HRS+Artesania+Entreq+EAT+90kg Mass
    Ground/Shield: Tripoint Troy Sig & Thor + Entreq Atlantis / Receivus +Everest+Wrap
    Room/Tube: Stillpoints Apertures / Amperex + Mullard
    Headphone Setup: Sennheiser 650 + Arcam rHead + Apogee Groove

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    320
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)

    Quote Originally Posted by asindc View Post
    A.S.,

    Thanks for taking the time to write a great post. I'm glad to see that Me'shell Ndegocéllo-Peace beyond Passion made your list. I agree that it is an exceptionally well-recorded album, particularly for a funk album. It is also full of great music by a fantastic artist. Her best in my opinion.

    While I would put Brubeck-Time Out ahead of most of the other jazz titles on your list strictly in terms of sound quality, I do agree that they are all very worthy of mention. Are you listing Brubeck-Time Out and Rollins-The Bridge each as an LP, CD, or download?
    hi asindc those are good old L.P.'s ,
    and yes I agree. I think that Time Out in terms of Sound Quality should have been way much higher on my list. Such a list is actually a mirror of where you are emotionally at that very moment. Maybe someday I will make an update, or a new list.
    Also, I did not really make the numbers as 5 being ''better'' than i.e. 7. but....today, at this moment in time, in terms of sound quality, After Silence is still no. 1 , especially that last song ''Krakow''.
    (You can download the tune here or hear it in streaming, I guess Mp 3 Quality; scroll down and you can click on the tune in the player.)
    http://www.soundliaison.com/


    Attached Images Attached Images

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    613
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)

    11514bricasti5.jpg
    Cassandra Wilson’s New Moon Daughter 24/192 (HDtracks)

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    660
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)

    Quote Originally Posted by A.S. View Post
    hi asindc those are good old L.P.'s ,
    and yes I agree. I think that Time Out in terms of Sound Quality should have been way much higher on my list. Such a list is actually a mirror of where you are emotionally at that very moment. Maybe someday I will make an update, or a new list.
    Also, I did not really make the numbers as 5 being ''better'' than i.e. 7. but....today, at this moment in time, in terms of sound quality, After Silence is still no. 1 , especially that last song ''Krakow''.
    (You can download the tune here or hear it in streaming, I guess Mp 3 Quality; scroll down and you can click on the tune in the player.)
    Andre Heuvelman - After Silence


    Yes, I have downloaded this and Carmen Gomes after reading this thread. Very nice indeed. Thanks for the suggestion.
    Anthony
    Analog: VPI CLASSIC 3/Ortofon A95> Nordost Valhalla XLR> ASR Basis Exclusive> Wireworld Gold XLR--->

    Digital: Mac Mini (for now)> WW Plat Ethernet> CARY DMS-600>> WW Plat XLR-->

    ===> Cary SLP-05 (Ultimate Upgrade edition)>> WW Gold XLR> Bryston 28B-SST2>> WW Silver> MARTIN LOGAN SPIRES

    [Shunyata/Furutech/Blue Circle/SRA/Adona/ Stillpoints/Track Audio/GIK Acoustics]

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    320
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: My 20 best SOUNDING album's, (all formats)

    hi Jap , yes that one is a beauty.

 

 
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast