Recent content by Sasha Masand

  1. Sasha Masand

    A little project of mine — SROVA

    V2.0 now available! More info here https://srova.music SROVA V2.0 — a quick post-launch update Now that V2.0 has been out for a little while, I thought I’d post a short update on where SROVA is and what I’m working on next. Two of the biggest V2.0 additions were Qobuz and Spotify Connect...
  2. Sasha Masand

    A little project of mine — SROVA

    A small SROVA milestone — SROVA Remote is now live on Google Play. After the closed-testing process and Google’s production review, Version 1.4 is now publicly available: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=music.srova.remote The Remote lets you control your SROVA Player from...
  3. Sasha Masand

    A little project of mine — SROVA

    Absolutely, I understand where you’re coming from. If you’re happy with the sound of your Stylus system and it gives you the quality you were looking for, that is really what matters. SROVA is just a different approach for people who want something simpler, more flexible and inexpensive to...
  4. Sasha Masand

    A little project of mine — SROVA

    You are basically correct. On Linux, many audio players ultimately hand the audio to ALSA, so ALSA itself is certainly not what makes SROVA unique. And I would not claim that SROVA somehow sounds better merely because I wrote different software around the same Linux audio stack. Volumio is a...
  5. Sasha Masand

    A little project of mine — SROVA

    I agree that if someone wants to build a no-compromise hardware streamer, there are plenty of decisions around power, clocks, shielding, cooling and so on. SROVA is a little different — it is the software player rather than the hardware streamer itself. I wanted it to run happily on something...
  6. Sasha Masand

    A little project of mine — SROVA

    Hi Kingrex, Thanks for the detailed reply — that is useful context. I had not used Euphony Stylus before, so I had a look at it after reading your post. It is clearly aimed at the same general kind of listener who wants the computer to disappear into the system and just leave the music and the...
  7. Sasha Masand

    A little project of mine — SROVA

    Hi all, While surfing the net looking for audio-related forums, I stumbled upon AudioShark and could hardly believe it — an actual friendly place for audio people to hang out. Well done! A little about me. My background is in TV broadcasting, production and voice-overs. These days I spend most...
  8. Sasha Masand

    Hello from India

    Hello everyone, I’m Sasha, based in India. Music has been a constant in my life, and most of my listening today is through TIDAL, my local music library and internet radio. My digital setups include a Debian NUC with a Topping DX5 II, a laptop with an iFi ZEN DAC 3, and a few Raspberry Pi...
Back
Top