Recent content by 2FarGone

  1. 2

    Regarding streaming, network switches and filters…

    Come to think of it, they just installed fiber optic cable going past my place. I wonder if there might be a sonic benefit to be had. Hmmm….
  2. 2

    Regarding streaming, network switches and filters…

    In this instance, inserting an optical cable isn’t an option. The Bridge II streaming card plugs directly into the Directstream chassis, so the ethernet cable plugs directly into the Directstream.
  3. 2

    Regarding streaming, network switches and filters…

    I’ve read some threads regarding the efficacy of network switches and filters recently with interest, since after finding myself having to split my system apart, the system at my (small) primary residence will be going digital only due to space considerations. Having somewhat of a technical...
  4. 2

    New Vintage Audio Restoration HQ

    Yumpin’ yiminy. And I thought I was nuts. 😉
  5. 2

    New Vintage Audio Restoration HQ

    That is a serious bummer after all that work. Sorry to see this…
  6. 2

    Nirvana Audio Chronos Optimizer

    I think a rather emphatic LMAO is in order. ;)
  7. 2

    Some people are dense

    Best wishes to your father in law for a full recovery. 🙏
  8. 2

    New Vintage Audio Restoration HQ

    Very nice finger jointing on the case - it wasn’t noticeable until you refinished it. I also notice the care with which you tightened the screws to make sure they were all evenly torqued. (y)
  9. 2

    Creative gear photos - post 'em here

    My wife the prof would say that it’s typical of SMEs (subject matter experts) to omit a lot of intermediate pieces of information that a SME might consider “obvious”, but not so much to the rest of the world around them. This website may interest you: https://prorestorers.org/ They have a...
  10. 2

    Creative gear photos - post 'em here

    Michael, I find myself wondering what kind of documentation of these products and their use in restoration, before and after photos etc you’ve created. From where I’m standing, you’ve created potentially museum quality restoration methodologies and records that could be lost tomorrow if you got...
  11. 2

    Something happened with my Electric in the Storm the other night

    This seems likely to me - a marginal component in the electrical distribution system may have been emitting noise into the lines and finally failed in the surge. When the faulty device was removed, so was the source of the noise. This scenario well illustrates the impact that noise on the lines...
  12. 2

    My next preamp: Cary SPL-90 CLONE

    The Law of Unintended Consequences is pretty unforgiving.
  13. 2

    What type of amps do you use? Tube? Solid State? Both? Hybrid?

    That looks like a nice rig, so I have to ask - why Zu? The only experience I’ve had with their products are the Mission MK I speaker cables ( which I thought okay) and an Event power cord that I ripped out as fast as I could. It completely eviscerated the bass response of any component I tried...
  14. 2

    My next preamp: Cary SPL-90 CLONE

    As you, I choose not to buy Chinese products if offered other options, but very often other options simply do not exist. I have what I consider to be good and valid reasons for my position on the matter (that I will not go into here) so it bothers me when I don’t discover that something is made...
  15. 2

    end game audio system -- how do you know you are there?

    It’s kind of a good thing that different people value different things. There would be many boring (and crowded!) places if everyone wanted the same environment. Personally, I had to go to TX fairly frequently for work and was always glad to get home. I never felt any desire to live there. Same...
Back
Top