Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 90
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    5,953

    Finally at home in our new house!

    It has been a long time coming, but I have finally arrived at our new home in Kansas!

    Started getting the room ready today (not big, about the same as my room in the other house). It will take some time, but I am looking forward to getting my system up and running again. It has been down for months in preparation for the move, getting Cheryal over to the new house in December, finishing work and retiring, and then traveling over to join her.

    I got the album racks all together and my guitar setup/collection out. Tomorrow, I plan on spending some time working on unpacking the system! I am really looking forward to playing that first album!
    McIntosh C49, MC152, MR85, R778 | T+A DAC 8 DSD | KEF LS50 Meta w/S2, KC62 (x2) | Rega RP8, Ania Pro, NEO PSU | Technics SL-1500C | Audio Technica VM750ML | Hexmat Eclipse, Yellow Bird, Molekula, Molekula Mini | Pro-Ject VC-E | Falcon NW PC Server (Roon Core & HQPlayer) | Microsoft Surface Pro 6 (Roon Controller) | Wyred 4 Sound ISO Recovery, DC Recovery | Abyss Diana Phi | Schiit Mjolnir 3 | Astell&Kern SE200 | Oppo BDP105

    “One of the great challenges in life is knowing enough to think you're right but not enough to know you're wrong”
    "You can't use reason to convince anyone out of an argument that they didn't use reason to get into"
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2022
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,283

    Re: Finally at home in our new house!

    Congrats! Enjoy the journey of getting the audio gear all set up!
    "Whadda we have heeya? Whadda we have heeya? A cuppa haydahs? Huh? A cuppa haydah's?" - Enzo Amore

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,862

    Re: Finally at home in our new house!

    Great news Randy! Enjoy the new home and, more importantly, your retirement.
    _______________

    Mike

    Amplification: MBL 6010D, MBL 9008A Monos
    Analog: Kuzma R, Kuzma 4Point (11”), MSL Ultra Eminent EX
    Phono Pre: Pass XP-27
    Digital: Esoteric N01XD Esoteric K05
    Speakers: MBL 101E MKII
    Subwoofers: REL Carbon Specials
    Conditioner: Shunyata Triton 3
    Power Cables: AQ Dragon, Shunyata Alpha NR V2, Delta and Venom
    ICs and SCs: Wireworld Platinum 8
    Rack: Artesania Exoteryc

  4. #4
    Audioshark
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Sarasota, FL
    Posts
    30,176

    Re: Finally at home in our new house!

    Congrats on the new home!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

    "We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

    Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

    https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    625

    Re: Finally at home in our new house!

    Congratulations on the new home and retirement Randy!
    Rance


    Synology DS411+II | GigaFOILv4 + Keces P3 Power Supply | Shunyata Alpha Ethernet | Lumin S1 | VAC Master Line Stage | VAC Signature 200 iQ amps | Kharma Elegance dB11-S | SVS PC-4000 subs x 2 | Shunyata 6000/T v2 | Kharma Elegance signal cables| Luminous Audio Technology power cables | Isoacoustics OREA vibration isolators | Solid Tech racks | Vicoustic room treatments | Acoustic Sciences Corporation IsoWall + IsoCeiling construction

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bucks County PA
    Posts
    3,711

    Re: Finally at home in our new house!

    Congrats, looking forward to seeing the view from Kansas
    -----------------
    Brian

    Main System -
    Rotel RCD-1572 / Rega P3 > Luxman 505UX Mark II > Fyne Audio F502SPs > Synergistic Cables

    Secondary - OPPO 93 > VAC CLA 1 MKII Pre > Odyssey Stratos > Dynaudio Audience 82s > Tara Labs Cables


  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Wesley Chapel, FL
    Posts
    981

    Re: Finally at home in our new house!

    Wonderful to hear you're moving in Randy. I know when we remodeled, I sure missed my system.
    Synology 1019D+ - SGC Sonictransporter I9 w Roon/HQ Player- UltraRendu- PBD Stream IF to Playback Designs MPS5 via fiber optic - ARC 40th Anniversary Pre - ARC 610 T's - Martin Logan CLX's - 4 Martin Logan Depth i Subs - Shunyata Hydra, DIY PCOCC interconnects, speaker cables and power cords with Furutech terminations. Blue Jean CAT 6's between front end equipment.
    LHY FMC and Corning Fiber to rebuilt LHY SW-6 switch in listening room.
    Acoustically treated room with one permanent chair.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Bluffton SC
    Posts
    790

    Re: Finally at home in our new house!

    Congratulations Randy! Enjoy the setup process!
    Main Equipment: Kharma Elegance dB11-S, JL Audio F113v2, Block Audio Line & Mono SE Amplification, Bricasti M21 DAC, Antipodes Kala K-50 Server, ClearAudio Performance SE, Satisfy Arm & Maestro Wood MM Cartridge
    Power: 3 x 20 Amp Lines, Shunyata Everest 8000, Sigma XC v2, Shunyata Sigma v2 NR, Block Audio Power Cords, Defender, ADDPowr Wizard
    Grounding: Shunyata Altaira CGS - Alpha CGS cables
    Network : Supra Cat 8+, Twin (Nenon Modified) Buffalo GS2016 Switches powered with Keces P3 LPSU,
    Cables: Wireworld Platinum Starlight 8 USB, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 8 SCs, 1M & 6M Tubulus Concentus ICs,
    Other: Twin PSI Audio AVAA C20, Isoacoustics GAIA I footers on Kharmas, GIK/Vicoustics/Stillpoint Apertures, Stillpoint Ultra SS, Furutech GTX - Gold outlets, Adona Rack

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    1,681

    Re: Finally at home in our new house!

    The setup process for me is always bittersweet; the process itself is typically both frustrating and exhausting and only made worthwhile by the end result. It should be interesting to hear how yours goes.

    I missed it if you mentioned earlier your reasons for moving from the SLO/Paso Robles area to the Wichita area and would be fascinated to know more?
    Rob
    __________________________
    Tascam BR-20; Technics 1506 with tape path upgrades, FM head, DeHavilland 222 tape head pre; Modwright Oppo 205 full tube mod w/LPS; Euphony Summus server, EtherRegen, HDPLEX LPS; MSB Discrete DAC (dual PS, ISLPro, balanced out); Pass Labs XP-12, XA60.8 (pair); Daedalus Audio Apollo 11’s, VMPS Larger Sub; Daedalus/Wywires, Acoustic Zen, Sablon Audio, Wireworld, Shunyata Research cables; Core Power Equi=Power;
    Adona rack, ​​​​​Stillpoints, IsoPods, ASC, GIK Acoustics accessories

  10. #10

    Re: Finally at home in our new house!

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Myers View Post
    It has been a long time coming, but I have finally arrived at our new home in Kansas!

    Started getting the room ready today (not big, about the same as my room in the other house). It will take some time, but I am looking forward to getting my system up and running again. It has been down for months in preparation for the move, getting Cheryal over to the new house in December, finishing work and retiring, and then traveling over to join her.

    I got the album racks all together and my guitar setup/collection out. Tomorrow, I plan on spending some time working on unpacking the system! I am really looking forward to playing that first album!
    Congratulations Randy! I am sure that the first listen is much anticipated. I just wen't through a move myself and had exactly the same feelings. Enjoy the new house!

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Plantation Bay CC
    Posts
    5,197

    Re: Finally at home in our new house!

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Myers View Post
    It has been a long time coming, but I have finally arrived at our new home in Kansas!

    Started getting the room ready today (not big, about the same as my room in the other house). It will take some time, but I am looking forward to getting my system up and running again. It has been down for months in preparation for the move, getting Cheryal over to the new house in December, finishing work and retiring, and then traveling over to join her.

    I got the album racks all together and my guitar setup/collection out. Tomorrow, I plan on spending some time working on unpacking the system! I am really looking forward to playing that first album!
    Enjoy Randy. we will also will be in our new location this Friday evening. The Mowing packers are here now, packing, and they come back tomorrow and get all the furniture ready to load 8am Friday morning after CLOSING at 7:15 am. The movers show up at 8 and we should be moved by noon Friday. Such a pain in the you know what. But it will be over soon.
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    SE Pa
    Posts
    2,066

    Re: Finally at home in our new house!

    Congrats to both Randy & Chris. Hope all continues to go smooooth !
    Cheers ! …. Dave

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    St. Louis, MO, USA
    Posts
    3,121

    Re: Finally at home in our new house!

    It doesn't look like we are in Cali anymore

    Glad to see things are coming together.
    Aurender ACS10 w/Audioquest Diamond USB, Esoteric N05xd
    Mark Levinson #526, 534 & JBL 4367's
    Clearaudio Performance DC w/Maestro cart
    Clarus Concerto & their Crimson cables

    HT: Marantz AV8003, Linn 5125, JBL SAM3ha, Revel s30,
    SVS PC13 Ultra
    Transparent, Analysis Plus & Tributaries. PS Audio filtering
    Sony XBR-75X940D & BDP
    Parasound P6, MBL 8006b, Artisan speakers/subwoofer

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    5,953

    Re: Finally at home in our new house!

    Quote Originally Posted by rbbert View Post
    The setup process for me is always bittersweet; the process itself is typically both frustrating and exhausting and only made worthwhile by the end result. It should be interesting to hear how yours goes.

    I missed it if you mentioned earlier your reasons for moving from the SLO/Paso Robles area to the Wichita area and would be fascinated to know more?
    Mainly economics and slower pace of life. My wife researched many places across the US and settled on Wichita because of cost of living, health care, low crime rates, and having virtually everything you could think of available here; plus less traffic and slower pace friendly people.
    McIntosh C49, MC152, MR85, R778 | T+A DAC 8 DSD | KEF LS50 Meta w/S2, KC62 (x2) | Rega RP8, Ania Pro, NEO PSU | Technics SL-1500C | Audio Technica VM750ML | Hexmat Eclipse, Yellow Bird, Molekula, Molekula Mini | Pro-Ject VC-E | Falcon NW PC Server (Roon Core & HQPlayer) | Microsoft Surface Pro 6 (Roon Controller) | Wyred 4 Sound ISO Recovery, DC Recovery | Abyss Diana Phi | Schiit Mjolnir 3 | Astell&Kern SE200 | Oppo BDP105

    “One of the great challenges in life is knowing enough to think you're right but not enough to know you're wrong”
    "You can't use reason to convince anyone out of an argument that they didn't use reason to get into"
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bucks County PA
    Posts
    3,711

    Re: Finally at home in our new house!

    Quote Originally Posted by CPP View Post
    Enjoy Randy. we will also will be in our new location this Friday evening. The Mowing packers are here now, packing, and they come back tomorrow and get all the furniture ready to load 8am Friday morning after CLOSING at 7:15 am. The movers show up at 8 and we should be moved by noon Friday. Such a pain in the you know what. But it will be over soon.
    Good luck with everything. Pics from the destination are in request
    -----------------
    Brian

    Main System -
    Rotel RCD-1572 / Rega P3 > Luxman 505UX Mark II > Fyne Audio F502SPs > Synergistic Cables

    Secondary - OPPO 93 > VAC CLA 1 MKII Pre > Odyssey Stratos > Dynaudio Audience 82s > Tara Labs Cables


  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    1,681

    Re: Finally at home in our new house!

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Myers View Post
    Mainly economics and slower pace of life. My wife researched many places across the US and settled on Wichita because of cost of living, health care, low crime rates, and having virtually everything you could think of available here; plus less traffic and slower pace friendly people.
    Most of California is silly expensive. My mother-in-law recently moved near Topeka for reasons similar to yours.
    Rob
    __________________________
    Tascam BR-20; Technics 1506 with tape path upgrades, FM head, DeHavilland 222 tape head pre; Modwright Oppo 205 full tube mod w/LPS; Euphony Summus server, EtherRegen, HDPLEX LPS; MSB Discrete DAC (dual PS, ISLPro, balanced out); Pass Labs XP-12, XA60.8 (pair); Daedalus Audio Apollo 11’s, VMPS Larger Sub; Daedalus/Wywires, Acoustic Zen, Sablon Audio, Wireworld, Shunyata Research cables; Core Power Equi=Power;
    Adona rack, ​​​​​Stillpoints, IsoPods, ASC, GIK Acoustics accessories

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    5,953

    Re: Finally at home in our new house!

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfax View Post
    Good luck with everything. Pics from the destination are in request
    Soon .
    McIntosh C49, MC152, MR85, R778 | T+A DAC 8 DSD | KEF LS50 Meta w/S2, KC62 (x2) | Rega RP8, Ania Pro, NEO PSU | Technics SL-1500C | Audio Technica VM750ML | Hexmat Eclipse, Yellow Bird, Molekula, Molekula Mini | Pro-Ject VC-E | Falcon NW PC Server (Roon Core & HQPlayer) | Microsoft Surface Pro 6 (Roon Controller) | Wyred 4 Sound ISO Recovery, DC Recovery | Abyss Diana Phi | Schiit Mjolnir 3 | Astell&Kern SE200 | Oppo BDP105

    “One of the great challenges in life is knowing enough to think you're right but not enough to know you're wrong”
    "You can't use reason to convince anyone out of an argument that they didn't use reason to get into"
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    5,953

    Re: Finally at home in our new house!

    Quote Originally Posted by rbbert View Post
    Most of California is silly expensive. My mother-in-law recently moved near Topeka for reasons similar to yours.
    Precisely.
    McIntosh C49, MC152, MR85, R778 | T+A DAC 8 DSD | KEF LS50 Meta w/S2, KC62 (x2) | Rega RP8, Ania Pro, NEO PSU | Technics SL-1500C | Audio Technica VM750ML | Hexmat Eclipse, Yellow Bird, Molekula, Molekula Mini | Pro-Ject VC-E | Falcon NW PC Server (Roon Core & HQPlayer) | Microsoft Surface Pro 6 (Roon Controller) | Wyred 4 Sound ISO Recovery, DC Recovery | Abyss Diana Phi | Schiit Mjolnir 3 | Astell&Kern SE200 | Oppo BDP105

    “One of the great challenges in life is knowing enough to think you're right but not enough to know you're wrong”
    "You can't use reason to convince anyone out of an argument that they didn't use reason to get into"
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    SE Pa
    Posts
    2,066

    Re: Finally at home in our new house!

    Quote Originally Posted by rbbert View Post
    Most of California is silly.
    Sorry, I couldn't resist !!
    Cheers ! …. Dave

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    5,953

    Re: Finally at home in our new house!

    Ok, as requested, some photos. The new room is rather small, but I like that it is isolated at the end of a hallway. I have made it work the best I can. Not too terrible though. Still need to get some room finishing such as curtains on the windows.

    Stereo (277).jpgStereo (278).jpgStereo (279).jpgStereo (280).jpg
    McIntosh C49, MC152, MR85, R778 | T+A DAC 8 DSD | KEF LS50 Meta w/S2, KC62 (x2) | Rega RP8, Ania Pro, NEO PSU | Technics SL-1500C | Audio Technica VM750ML | Hexmat Eclipse, Yellow Bird, Molekula, Molekula Mini | Pro-Ject VC-E | Falcon NW PC Server (Roon Core & HQPlayer) | Microsoft Surface Pro 6 (Roon Controller) | Wyred 4 Sound ISO Recovery, DC Recovery | Abyss Diana Phi | Schiit Mjolnir 3 | Astell&Kern SE200 | Oppo BDP105

    “One of the great challenges in life is knowing enough to think you're right but not enough to know you're wrong”
    "You can't use reason to convince anyone out of an argument that they didn't use reason to get into"
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

  21. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    SE Pa
    Posts
    2,066

    Re: Finally at home in our new house!

    very nice Randy, so the pad on the floor in front of your records is where you 'kneel before the altar' ?
    Cheers ! …. Dave

  22. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    5,953

    Re: Finally at home in our new house!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikado463 View Post
    very nice Randy, so the pad on the floor in front of your records is where you 'kneel before the altar' ?
    Maybe a good use for it. I put it there for my little kitten, but she completely ignored it last evening . She loved it in the old room.
    McIntosh C49, MC152, MR85, R778 | T+A DAC 8 DSD | KEF LS50 Meta w/S2, KC62 (x2) | Rega RP8, Ania Pro, NEO PSU | Technics SL-1500C | Audio Technica VM750ML | Hexmat Eclipse, Yellow Bird, Molekula, Molekula Mini | Pro-Ject VC-E | Falcon NW PC Server (Roon Core & HQPlayer) | Microsoft Surface Pro 6 (Roon Controller) | Wyred 4 Sound ISO Recovery, DC Recovery | Abyss Diana Phi | Schiit Mjolnir 3 | Astell&Kern SE200 | Oppo BDP105

    “One of the great challenges in life is knowing enough to think you're right but not enough to know you're wrong”
    "You can't use reason to convince anyone out of an argument that they didn't use reason to get into"
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

  23. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bucks County PA
    Posts
    3,711

    Re: Finally at home in our new house!

    Awesome! Thanks for sharing
    -----------------
    Brian

    Main System -
    Rotel RCD-1572 / Rega P3 > Luxman 505UX Mark II > Fyne Audio F502SPs > Synergistic Cables

    Secondary - OPPO 93 > VAC CLA 1 MKII Pre > Odyssey Stratos > Dynaudio Audience 82s > Tara Labs Cables


  24. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    176

    Re: Finally at home in our new house!

    Welcome to Wichita, Randy! I've been here 22 years and have found it to be a good place to be. Not very many retail therapy audio opportunities out here, but there are a couple of dealers who are worth a visit.
    Jeff

    Main System
    Streamer/Server: Aurender N100H; Disc Player: Oppo UDP-205; DAC: Topping D90SE; Preamp: Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2; Power Amp: ATI AT542NC; Speakers: Focal Sopra No. 3; Cables: Wireworld, Kimber, Cullin; Power: Ansuz Mainz8 X-TC, PS Audio Dectet, Furutech outlets

    Basement Media Room
    Streamer/Server: Aurender N100SC; Disc Player: Panasonic DB-UP9000; Surround Pre/Pro: Monoprice Monolith HTP-1; Power Amps: Apollon NC1200SL (custom 3-channel w/Sparkos SS2590 op amps), Apollon AS3600 6-channel; Speakers: Focal Kanta No. 3, Kanta Center, 300 ICW8 (x6); Subwoofer: Rythmik F18SE (x2); Cables: Wireworld, BlueJeans; Power: Torus RM20, Furman Elite 20PFi; Room Correction: Dirac Live w/ Bass Control; Video: Sony 77" A9G OLED

  25. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    5,953

    Re: Finally at home in our new house!

    Quote Originally Posted by 2FlyingYorkies View Post
    Welcome to Wichita, Randy! I've been here 22 years and have found it to be a good place to be. Not very many retail therapy audio opportunities out here, but there are a couple of dealers who are worth a visit.
    Hey there neighbor. Well that is more than where I came from .
    McIntosh C49, MC152, MR85, R778 | T+A DAC 8 DSD | KEF LS50 Meta w/S2, KC62 (x2) | Rega RP8, Ania Pro, NEO PSU | Technics SL-1500C | Audio Technica VM750ML | Hexmat Eclipse, Yellow Bird, Molekula, Molekula Mini | Pro-Ject VC-E | Falcon NW PC Server (Roon Core & HQPlayer) | Microsoft Surface Pro 6 (Roon Controller) | Wyred 4 Sound ISO Recovery, DC Recovery | Abyss Diana Phi | Schiit Mjolnir 3 | Astell&Kern SE200 | Oppo BDP105

    “One of the great challenges in life is knowing enough to think you're right but not enough to know you're wrong”
    "You can't use reason to convince anyone out of an argument that they didn't use reason to get into"
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

  26. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Posts
    155

    Re: Finally at home in our new house!

    Randy-

    Nothing like new digs!
    The room is lookin' good especially with the accoutrements from Broome County :}

    Good Health!

    John
    AKA J2Ordan
    McIntosh/Legacy/VPI/Bricasti/DIYCabling

  27. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    5,953

    Re: Finally at home in our new house!

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnJ View Post
    Randy-

    Nothing like new digs!
    The room is lookin' good especially with the accoutrements from Broome County :}

    Good Health!

    John
    Thank you, and home town gear always makes me happy 😊.
    McIntosh C49, MC152, MR85, R778 | T+A DAC 8 DSD | KEF LS50 Meta w/S2, KC62 (x2) | Rega RP8, Ania Pro, NEO PSU | Technics SL-1500C | Audio Technica VM750ML | Hexmat Eclipse, Yellow Bird, Molekula, Molekula Mini | Pro-Ject VC-E | Falcon NW PC Server (Roon Core & HQPlayer) | Microsoft Surface Pro 6 (Roon Controller) | Wyred 4 Sound ISO Recovery, DC Recovery | Abyss Diana Phi | Schiit Mjolnir 3 | Astell&Kern SE200 | Oppo BDP105

    “One of the great challenges in life is knowing enough to think you're right but not enough to know you're wrong”
    "You can't use reason to convince anyone out of an argument that they didn't use reason to get into"
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

  28. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Plantation Bay CC
    Posts
    5,197

    Re: Finally at home in our new house!

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfax View Post
    Good luck with everything. Pics from the destination are in request
    Soon, so many boxes , its been two days and the kitchen is still being unpacked ( a total of 17 boxes so far) and organized ( I've been told to stay out and carry the boxes in , when requested LOL) TV is working, we are going to have to do a little more STUFF reduction.
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

  29. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    5,953

    Re: Finally at home in our new house!

    I brought Cheryal over in December. We towed a trailer with essentials. We had a couple plastic chairs the week I was here before heading back. The pods arrived a week later.

    We still have boxes . The week that I have joined her over here I have spent unpacking and organizing so far! There is still a ton that has been moved to the trailer until the storage gets built.

    I foresee it going on for some time. Every day I do make some strides though .
    McIntosh C49, MC152, MR85, R778 | T+A DAC 8 DSD | KEF LS50 Meta w/S2, KC62 (x2) | Rega RP8, Ania Pro, NEO PSU | Technics SL-1500C | Audio Technica VM750ML | Hexmat Eclipse, Yellow Bird, Molekula, Molekula Mini | Pro-Ject VC-E | Falcon NW PC Server (Roon Core & HQPlayer) | Microsoft Surface Pro 6 (Roon Controller) | Wyred 4 Sound ISO Recovery, DC Recovery | Abyss Diana Phi | Schiit Mjolnir 3 | Astell&Kern SE200 | Oppo BDP105

    “One of the great challenges in life is knowing enough to think you're right but not enough to know you're wrong”
    "You can't use reason to convince anyone out of an argument that they didn't use reason to get into"
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

  30. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Bluffton SC
    Posts
    790

    Re: Finally at home in our new house!

    Retirement means you don’t need to be in a hurry.
    Main Equipment: Kharma Elegance dB11-S, JL Audio F113v2, Block Audio Line & Mono SE Amplification, Bricasti M21 DAC, Antipodes Kala K-50 Server, ClearAudio Performance SE, Satisfy Arm & Maestro Wood MM Cartridge
    Power: 3 x 20 Amp Lines, Shunyata Everest 8000, Sigma XC v2, Shunyata Sigma v2 NR, Block Audio Power Cords, Defender, ADDPowr Wizard
    Grounding: Shunyata Altaira CGS - Alpha CGS cables
    Network : Supra Cat 8+, Twin (Nenon Modified) Buffalo GS2016 Switches powered with Keces P3 LPSU,
    Cables: Wireworld Platinum Starlight 8 USB, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 8 SCs, 1M & 6M Tubulus Concentus ICs,
    Other: Twin PSI Audio AVAA C20, Isoacoustics GAIA I footers on Kharmas, GIK/Vicoustics/Stillpoint Apertures, Stillpoint Ultra SS, Furutech GTX - Gold outlets, Adona Rack

  31. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    41

    Re: Finally at home in our new house!

    Randy, that series of three paintings with the tree of life is amazing! Who/what is that?

  32. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    5,953

    Re: Finally at home in our new house!

    Quote Originally Posted by HifiHandyman View Post
    Randy, that series of three paintings with the tree of life is amazing! Who/what is that?

    That is a series from Chris Pavlov. He had a gallery in Austria but his wife was from the US so he moved to Solvang California, where his gallery is currently located. We have several of his works including an original which is a show case in our living room.

    This series plays on and builds on each other, with many Suttle and not so Suttle messages.
    McIntosh C49, MC152, MR85, R778 | T+A DAC 8 DSD | KEF LS50 Meta w/S2, KC62 (x2) | Rega RP8, Ania Pro, NEO PSU | Technics SL-1500C | Audio Technica VM750ML | Hexmat Eclipse, Yellow Bird, Molekula, Molekula Mini | Pro-Ject VC-E | Falcon NW PC Server (Roon Core & HQPlayer) | Microsoft Surface Pro 6 (Roon Controller) | Wyred 4 Sound ISO Recovery, DC Recovery | Abyss Diana Phi | Schiit Mjolnir 3 | Astell&Kern SE200 | Oppo BDP105

    “One of the great challenges in life is knowing enough to think you're right but not enough to know you're wrong”
    "You can't use reason to convince anyone out of an argument that they didn't use reason to get into"
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

  33. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    5,953

    Re: Finally at home in our new house!

    Quote Originally Posted by 2FlyingYorkies View Post
    Welcome to Wichita, Randy! I've been here 22 years and have found it to be a good place to be. Not very many retail therapy audio opportunities out here, but there are a couple of dealers who are worth a visit.
    I went to Advanced Audio today. Wow, nothing there. He advertises McIntosh, Mark Levinson, etc. Not a single piece on display or in stock.
    McIntosh C49, MC152, MR85, R778 | T+A DAC 8 DSD | KEF LS50 Meta w/S2, KC62 (x2) | Rega RP8, Ania Pro, NEO PSU | Technics SL-1500C | Audio Technica VM750ML | Hexmat Eclipse, Yellow Bird, Molekula, Molekula Mini | Pro-Ject VC-E | Falcon NW PC Server (Roon Core & HQPlayer) | Microsoft Surface Pro 6 (Roon Controller) | Wyred 4 Sound ISO Recovery, DC Recovery | Abyss Diana Phi | Schiit Mjolnir 3 | Astell&Kern SE200 | Oppo BDP105

    “One of the great challenges in life is knowing enough to think you're right but not enough to know you're wrong”
    "You can't use reason to convince anyone out of an argument that they didn't use reason to get into"
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

  34. #34
    Audioshark
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Sarasota, FL
    Posts
    30,176

    Re: Finally at home in our new house!

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Myers View Post
    I went to Advanced Audio today. Wow, nothing there. He advertises McIntosh, Mark Levinson, etc. Not a single piece on display or in stock.
    How interesting. These stories are eye opening.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

    "We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

    Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

    https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

  35. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    5,953

    Re: Finally at home in our new house!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    How interesting. These stories are eye opening.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Yea, kind of shocking actually.
    McIntosh C49, MC152, MR85, R778 | T+A DAC 8 DSD | KEF LS50 Meta w/S2, KC62 (x2) | Rega RP8, Ania Pro, NEO PSU | Technics SL-1500C | Audio Technica VM750ML | Hexmat Eclipse, Yellow Bird, Molekula, Molekula Mini | Pro-Ject VC-E | Falcon NW PC Server (Roon Core & HQPlayer) | Microsoft Surface Pro 6 (Roon Controller) | Wyred 4 Sound ISO Recovery, DC Recovery | Abyss Diana Phi | Schiit Mjolnir 3 | Astell&Kern SE200 | Oppo BDP105

    “One of the great challenges in life is knowing enough to think you're right but not enough to know you're wrong”
    "You can't use reason to convince anyone out of an argument that they didn't use reason to get into"
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

  36. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    176

    Re: Finally at home in our new house!

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Myers View Post
    I went to Advanced Audio today. Wow, nothing there. He advertises McIntosh, Mark Levinson, etc. Not a single piece on display or in stock.
    Ah, so you've met our local Mike (yes, literally his name!)? Last time I saw him he was having some health challenges, so I don't even know if he's running the shop day-to-day anymore. Yeah, that place is a car stereo chop shop that happens to do some home (mostly low end theater) business on the side. At one time he had Salon 2's with a Levinson front end on display, but it's gone downhill lately. You can try McClellan downtown. They're more of a commercial installations company, but have broadened their home offerings in recent years and built a modest demo room. They claim to be a Magico dealer, even. Also, Artisan Home Tech up northeast is decent. Not a huge showroom, but I've happily done business with Thomas a couple of times. He carries B&W, McIntosh, Devialet, REL, and maybe Hegel or Rotel. And that's everything in town...
    Jeff

    Main System
    Streamer/Server: Aurender N100H; Disc Player: Oppo UDP-205; DAC: Topping D90SE; Preamp: Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2; Power Amp: ATI AT542NC; Speakers: Focal Sopra No. 3; Cables: Wireworld, Kimber, Cullin; Power: Ansuz Mainz8 X-TC, PS Audio Dectet, Furutech outlets

    Basement Media Room
    Streamer/Server: Aurender N100SC; Disc Player: Panasonic DB-UP9000; Surround Pre/Pro: Monoprice Monolith HTP-1; Power Amps: Apollon NC1200SL (custom 3-channel w/Sparkos SS2590 op amps), Apollon AS3600 6-channel; Speakers: Focal Kanta No. 3, Kanta Center, 300 ICW8 (x6); Subwoofer: Rythmik F18SE (x2); Cables: Wireworld, BlueJeans; Power: Torus RM20, Furman Elite 20PFi; Room Correction: Dirac Live w/ Bass Control; Video: Sony 77" A9G OLED

  37. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    5,953

    Re: Finally at home in our new house!

    Quote Originally Posted by 2FlyingYorkies View Post
    Ah, so you've met our local Mike (yes, literally his name!)? Last time I saw him he was having some health challenges, so I don't even know if he's running the shop day-to-day anymore. Yeah, that place is a car stereo chop shop that happens to do some home (mostly low end theater) business on the side. At one time he had Salon 2's with a Levinson front end on display, but it's gone downhill lately. You can try McClellan downtown. They're more of a commercial installations company, but have broadened their home offerings in recent years and built a modest demo room. They claim to be a Magico dealer, even. Also, Artisan Home Tech up northeast is decent. Not a huge showroom, but I've happily done business with Thomas a couple of times. He carries B&W, McIntosh, Devialet, REL, and maybe Hegel or Rotel. And that's everything in town...
    Ok, that is interesting. From their website I would not imagine that they even sell audio gear. There is literally zero mention of audio sales, brands, etc., but may be worth a drive by at some point.

    Yea, I meet Mike. They have three "sound rooms" and some real nice-looking chairs. And no equipment whatsoever . Well, they do have a couple of pair of speakers in one room. Mike was complaining about wait time to getting equipment, supply chain, how much it would cost to stock anything, etc., etc. He even started trying to blame Biden for his lack of gear????? ...stopped that chain of conversation immediately. Anyway, he said at least 5 times that he could order stuff for me and give me a "huge discount".

    I just wanted to look at some gear is all .

    Are either of the Best Buys a Magnolia?
    McIntosh C49, MC152, MR85, R778 | T+A DAC 8 DSD | KEF LS50 Meta w/S2, KC62 (x2) | Rega RP8, Ania Pro, NEO PSU | Technics SL-1500C | Audio Technica VM750ML | Hexmat Eclipse, Yellow Bird, Molekula, Molekula Mini | Pro-Ject VC-E | Falcon NW PC Server (Roon Core & HQPlayer) | Microsoft Surface Pro 6 (Roon Controller) | Wyred 4 Sound ISO Recovery, DC Recovery | Abyss Diana Phi | Schiit Mjolnir 3 | Astell&Kern SE200 | Oppo BDP105

    “One of the great challenges in life is knowing enough to think you're right but not enough to know you're wrong”
    "You can't use reason to convince anyone out of an argument that they didn't use reason to get into"
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

  38. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    176

    Re: Finally at home in our new house!

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Myers View Post
    Ok, that is interesting. From their website I would not imagine that they even sell audio gear. There is literally zero mention of audio sales, brands, etc., but may be worth a drive by at some point.

    Yea, I meet Mike. They have three "sound rooms" and some real nice-looking chairs. And no equipment whatsoever . Well, they do have a couple of pair of speakers in one room. Mike was complaining about wait time to getting equipment, supply chain, how much it would cost to stock anything, etc., etc. He even started trying to blame Biden for his lack of gear????? ...stopped that chain of conversation immediately. Anyway, he said at least 5 times that he could order stuff for me and give me a "huge discount".

    I just wanted to look at some gear is all .

    Are either of the Best Buys a Magnolia?
    They are not. Nearest Magnolia is in Tulsa or Kansas City.

    Wichita Mike is definitely a character. I've been offered the "huge discounts" on vaporware many times, free thumb drives with "terrabytes" of music, and any number of other dubious enticements. But under no circumstances will he order something in to be tried without it being a non-refundable sold order. Couple that with no inventory, and it's an easy pass.

    McClellan or Artisan are your only possibilities for gear in town, and neither has much on the floor. There's a reason almost every piece of gear I have came from out of state.
    Jeff

    Main System
    Streamer/Server: Aurender N100H; Disc Player: Oppo UDP-205; DAC: Topping D90SE; Preamp: Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2; Power Amp: ATI AT542NC; Speakers: Focal Sopra No. 3; Cables: Wireworld, Kimber, Cullin; Power: Ansuz Mainz8 X-TC, PS Audio Dectet, Furutech outlets

    Basement Media Room
    Streamer/Server: Aurender N100SC; Disc Player: Panasonic DB-UP9000; Surround Pre/Pro: Monoprice Monolith HTP-1; Power Amps: Apollon NC1200SL (custom 3-channel w/Sparkos SS2590 op amps), Apollon AS3600 6-channel; Speakers: Focal Kanta No. 3, Kanta Center, 300 ICW8 (x6); Subwoofer: Rythmik F18SE (x2); Cables: Wireworld, BlueJeans; Power: Torus RM20, Furman Elite 20PFi; Room Correction: Dirac Live w/ Bass Control; Video: Sony 77" A9G OLED

  39. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Plantation Bay CC
    Posts
    5,197

    Re: Finally at home in our new house!

    the only pics I can show, is this will be the room that my stuff will go in one day. 12Wx16Lx12H. Right now its the room with other stuff and stuff being routed from the garage to the room for its placing while figure out where its going or will be donated. 54 boxes of house stuff. My 2 chl stuff still in boxes.

    Now the best part of this place, but the water is still a little chilly for a dip.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

  40. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    5,953

    Re: Finally at home in our new house!

    Quote Originally Posted by CPP View Post
    the only pics I can show, is this will be the room that my stuff will go in one day. 12Wx16Lx12H. Right now its the room with other stuff and stuff being routed from the garage to the room for its placing while figure out where its going or will be donated. 54 boxes of house stuff. My 2 chl stuff still in boxes.

    Now the best part of this place, but the water is still a little chilly for a dip.
    Looking good Chris!
    McIntosh C49, MC152, MR85, R778 | T+A DAC 8 DSD | KEF LS50 Meta w/S2, KC62 (x2) | Rega RP8, Ania Pro, NEO PSU | Technics SL-1500C | Audio Technica VM750ML | Hexmat Eclipse, Yellow Bird, Molekula, Molekula Mini | Pro-Ject VC-E | Falcon NW PC Server (Roon Core & HQPlayer) | Microsoft Surface Pro 6 (Roon Controller) | Wyred 4 Sound ISO Recovery, DC Recovery | Abyss Diana Phi | Schiit Mjolnir 3 | Astell&Kern SE200 | Oppo BDP105

    “One of the great challenges in life is knowing enough to think you're right but not enough to know you're wrong”
    "You can't use reason to convince anyone out of an argument that they didn't use reason to get into"
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

  41. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Winter Haven, FL
    Posts
    1,505

    Re: Finally at home in our new house!

    I know it's over a month since the last post here, but a lot has happened within our family since March 15th...

    Anyway, Wichita?! I understand why you moved there, but man, tornado central... Literally. That's precisely why I would never move anywhere around there. It's bad enough in Florida. LOL

    The new room looks great, Randy. All I gotta say is that I wish you the best of luck out there in Kansas.
    Pass Labs XP-20 | Auralic Altair G1 | Odyssey Audio Stratos Monoblocks | JVC XL-Z411 | Nakamichi DR-1 | Technics SL-1700MK2 | Magnepan 1.7i | SVS PB-1000 Pro x 2

  42. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Plantation Bay CC
    Posts
    5,197

    Re: Finally at home in our new house!

    Quote Originally Posted by chops View Post
    I know it's over a month since the last post here, but a lot has happened within our family since March 15th...

    Anyway, Wichita?! I understand why you moved there, but man, tornado central... Literally. That's precisely why I would never move anywhere around there. It's bad enough in Florida. LOL

    The new room looks great, Randy. All I gotta say is that I wish you the best of luck out there in Kansas.
    Enjoy Randy,



    Chops, well how about those hail storms in Fla the last few days, unreal. Yesterday the hail storm beat the area around Lake County Can't wait to hear about the insurance adjustments due to that. Meteorologist Candice Campos is tracking reports of baseball-sized hail and multiple trees down in the Mascotte area, according to Lake County Emergency Management. That will do some damage.
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

  43. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Winter Haven, FL
    Posts
    1,505

    Re: Finally at home in our new house!

    Quote Originally Posted by CPP View Post


    Chops, well how about those hail storms in Fla the last few days, unreal. Yesterday the hail storm beat the area around Lake County Can't wait to hear about the insurance adjustments due to that. Meteorologist Candice Campos is tracking reports of baseball-sized hail and multiple trees down in the Mascotte area, according to Lake County Emergency Management. That will do some damage.
    One of the guys I work with lives over towards Tampa IIRC, and said they were getting pea sized hail over at his house yesterday. Luckily, nothing over in my neck of the woods yet, though last night I heard a transformer down the street zapping away in the wind with the quick storm we had.
    Pass Labs XP-20 | Auralic Altair G1 | Odyssey Audio Stratos Monoblocks | JVC XL-Z411 | Nakamichi DR-1 | Technics SL-1700MK2 | Magnepan 1.7i | SVS PB-1000 Pro x 2

  44. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Plantation Bay CC
    Posts
    5,197

    Re: Finally at home in our new house!

    Quote Originally Posted by chops View Post
    One of the guys I work with lives over towards Tampa IIRC, and said they were getting pea sized hail over at his house yesterday. Luckily, nothing over in my neck of the woods yet, though last night I heard a transformer down the street zapping away in the wind with the quick storm we had.
    The weather has been nuts for the last few days and the rest of the week into the weekend then they say its nice next week.. And tonight this
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

  45. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    5,953

    Re: Finally at home in our new house!

    Quote Originally Posted by chops View Post
    I know it's over a month since the last post here, but a lot has happened within our family since March 15th...

    Anyway, Wichita?! I understand why you moved there, but man, tornado central... Literally. That's precisely why I would never move anywhere around there. It's bad enough in Florida. LOL

    The new room looks great, Randy. All I gotta say is that I wish you the best of luck out there in Kansas.
    Wichita seems to not have a big problem with tornados. There has only been one that caused any kind of real damage in quite some time. Yes, there are windy days for sure ... So far really liking Wichita. Getting a lot done around the house... I will be so glad when it is all complete.
    McIntosh C49, MC152, MR85, R778 | T+A DAC 8 DSD | KEF LS50 Meta w/S2, KC62 (x2) | Rega RP8, Ania Pro, NEO PSU | Technics SL-1500C | Audio Technica VM750ML | Hexmat Eclipse, Yellow Bird, Molekula, Molekula Mini | Pro-Ject VC-E | Falcon NW PC Server (Roon Core & HQPlayer) | Microsoft Surface Pro 6 (Roon Controller) | Wyred 4 Sound ISO Recovery, DC Recovery | Abyss Diana Phi | Schiit Mjolnir 3 | Astell&Kern SE200 | Oppo BDP105

    “One of the great challenges in life is knowing enough to think you're right but not enough to know you're wrong”
    "You can't use reason to convince anyone out of an argument that they didn't use reason to get into"
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

  46. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    5,953

    Re: Finally at home in our new house!

    Quote Originally Posted by CPP View Post
    The weather has been nuts for the last few days and the rest of the week into the weekend then they say its nice next week.. And tonight this
    Yea, we have been noticing all the weather events in Florida. Hang in there my friends over on the South Coast.

    Everything that comes through here seems like it goes South (Oklahoma) and East (Missouri). Most people around here tell us that yes, we get weather but most of the severe stuff may do quick poppers in and out, but the really bad ones tend to not hit this area, most of the time.
    McIntosh C49, MC152, MR85, R778 | T+A DAC 8 DSD | KEF LS50 Meta w/S2, KC62 (x2) | Rega RP8, Ania Pro, NEO PSU | Technics SL-1500C | Audio Technica VM750ML | Hexmat Eclipse, Yellow Bird, Molekula, Molekula Mini | Pro-Ject VC-E | Falcon NW PC Server (Roon Core & HQPlayer) | Microsoft Surface Pro 6 (Roon Controller) | Wyred 4 Sound ISO Recovery, DC Recovery | Abyss Diana Phi | Schiit Mjolnir 3 | Astell&Kern SE200 | Oppo BDP105

    “One of the great challenges in life is knowing enough to think you're right but not enough to know you're wrong”
    "You can't use reason to convince anyone out of an argument that they didn't use reason to get into"
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

  47. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    5,953

    Re: Finally at home in our new house!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    How interesting. These stories are eye opening.
    I noticed that McIntosh has taken Advanced Audio off of their website. It literally had to be one of the worst B&M stores I have visited.

    I did find a real McIntosh dealer here in Wichita. Artisan Home Technology carries a few brands and does have at least one full system of each of his brands on display. They carry McIntosh, Hegel, Magnepan, Rotel, Devialet, Rel, Kimber, B&W, etc.

    Thomas, the owner, let me know when McIntosh announced to the dealers of an upcoming trade in deal (starting May 1st). He has ordered the amplifier for me and if it does not get here prior to my knee surgery (May 8th) then he will bring it out and install it for me.
    McIntosh C49, MC152, MR85, R778 | T+A DAC 8 DSD | KEF LS50 Meta w/S2, KC62 (x2) | Rega RP8, Ania Pro, NEO PSU | Technics SL-1500C | Audio Technica VM750ML | Hexmat Eclipse, Yellow Bird, Molekula, Molekula Mini | Pro-Ject VC-E | Falcon NW PC Server (Roon Core & HQPlayer) | Microsoft Surface Pro 6 (Roon Controller) | Wyred 4 Sound ISO Recovery, DC Recovery | Abyss Diana Phi | Schiit Mjolnir 3 | Astell&Kern SE200 | Oppo BDP105

    “One of the great challenges in life is knowing enough to think you're right but not enough to know you're wrong”
    "You can't use reason to convince anyone out of an argument that they didn't use reason to get into"
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

  48. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Plantation Bay CC
    Posts
    5,197

    Re: Finally at home in our new house!

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Myers View Post
    I noticed that McIntosh has taken Advanced Audio off of their website. It literally had to be one of the worst B&M stores I have visited.

    I did find a real McIntosh dealer here in Wichita. Artisan Home Technology carries a few brands and does have at least one full system of each of his brands on display. They carry McIntosh, Hegel, Magnepan, Rotel, Devialet, Rel, Kimber, B&W, etc.

    Thomas, the owner, let me know when McIntosh announced to the dealers of an upcoming trade in deal (starting May 1st). He has ordered the amplifier for me and if it does not get here prior to my knee surgery (May 8th) then he will bring it out and install it for me.
    Knee Surgery, well that's not fun. A replacement or something like a ACL or a meniscectomy ( which I had done back in 2014). Good luck.
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

  49. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    5,953

    Re: Finally at home in our new house!

    Quote Originally Posted by CPP View Post
    Knee Surgery, well that's not fun. A replacement or something like a ACL or a meniscectomy ( which I had done back in 2014). Good luck.
    I need both knees replaced. It should have been done years ago, but I suffered through to get to retirement. The doctor is doing the first one, and then letting me recover from that and then doing the second one. So, the next couple of months is gonna suck, but hopefully in the long run all will be a lot better.
    McIntosh C49, MC152, MR85, R778 | T+A DAC 8 DSD | KEF LS50 Meta w/S2, KC62 (x2) | Rega RP8, Ania Pro, NEO PSU | Technics SL-1500C | Audio Technica VM750ML | Hexmat Eclipse, Yellow Bird, Molekula, Molekula Mini | Pro-Ject VC-E | Falcon NW PC Server (Roon Core & HQPlayer) | Microsoft Surface Pro 6 (Roon Controller) | Wyred 4 Sound ISO Recovery, DC Recovery | Abyss Diana Phi | Schiit Mjolnir 3 | Astell&Kern SE200 | Oppo BDP105

    “One of the great challenges in life is knowing enough to think you're right but not enough to know you're wrong”
    "You can't use reason to convince anyone out of an argument that they didn't use reason to get into"
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

  50. #50
    Audioshark
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Sarasota, FL
    Posts
    30,176

    Re: Finally at home in our new house!

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Myers View Post
    I need both knees replaced. It should have been done years ago, but I suffered through to get to retirement. The doctor is doing the first one, and then letting me recover from that and then doing the second one. So, the next couple of months is gonna suck, but hopefully in the long run all will be a lot better.
    Hang in there Randy. Hope all goes well.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

    "We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

    Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

    https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Finally at home in our new house!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •