PDA

View Full Version : Manufacturer customer service story to tell...

jaxwired
August 4, 2015, 07:18 PM
So, people are so quick to go public with customer service horror stories. Thought I'd share a positive story. When I bought my devialet it was a dealer dem and when it arrived it was mint as promised, but the remote had a nick in the gorgeous finish. The dealer was not in a hurry to make it right and I didn't push it because the guy is a great guy and I didn't want to give him the headache and because the deal I got was ridiculous so I kind of felt it was still more than fair. So here we are about 6 months down the road and the blemished remote is bugging me so I reach out to devialet to find out if I can buy a replacement. They email back to send serial number and pics. I do. They email back requesting my contact into. I comply. They email back they've shipped a new one out and included a return shipping label for the damaged one. This happened over the course of two business days. Can you say wow!!!! Amazing response from them and exceeded my expectations. Pretty cool!

mep
August 4, 2015, 07:39 PM
That is really cool and thanks for sharing.

jdandy
August 4, 2015, 07:59 PM
jaxwired.......That is exactly how customer loyalty is built, one customer at a time. Some companies know it from the beginning and others never figure it out. Thanks for letting us hear the good news.

BlueFox
August 5, 2015, 12:01 AM
Pass did the same thing for my XP-20 remote. I contacted Reno since it was starting to act erratic. They contacted Pass, which sent me a new one for no charge, and I kept the original as a spare.

MDP
August 5, 2015, 04:46 AM
That's great Tom! It's nice to hear about great customer service.

the professor
August 5, 2015, 10:19 AM
Can't beat that customer service. Awesome!

Shadowfax
August 5, 2015, 01:18 PM
Good deal!

I have had great service from 2 other companies.

OPPO - Replaced my remote when a simple function seemed not to be working - 3 days. Also sent me a new USB Wireless Dongle when I was having signal strength issues.
Logitech-Harmony Remotes - Originally purchased an 880, which has a design flaw in the charging/base connections. After they replaced it 3 times, I detailed what the design flaw was and how to correct it, but also requested that if they could not send me an 880 that would be reliable, to please just send me a Harmony One. The next week I had the One. A year later it had the bulging battery issue where you could not get the battery out easily and due to not being able to mail the unit back with a possible exploding battery, they sent me another brand new One.

jaxwired
August 7, 2015, 11:43 PM
New remote arrived today. SWEET!!!!! Loving it! :D

socfan12
August 8, 2015, 05:13 AM
Great story, Tom. Love it when manufacturers go above and beyond for their customers.:tup: