PDA

View Full Version : Salt Water

Mechnutt
November 20, 2013, 12:57 PM
I have a 120g Salt Water fish only tank and up until recently I had a 75g Reef tank. I gave up on the reef tank after about 10 years. I went away for vacation and a Clam died and polluted the water and killed over $1000 worth of clams, corals and other invertebrates.

Etunes
November 20, 2013, 01:00 PM
Discus are a great option if you still have your setup. Basically the same thing happened to me.

Mechnutt
November 20, 2013, 01:07 PM
Discus are a great option if you still have your setup. Basically the same thing happened to me.

I had Discus as a teenager. Beautiful and graceful fish. They are difficult to keep like SW fish with their special water requirements and frequent water changes. I have thought about eventually setting up a Discus, Cardinal and Angel fish tank in my 120g if I decide to get out of SW. I like listen ing to music and watching the fish tank. Its a great stress reliever.

joeinid
November 20, 2013, 02:23 PM
My brother had a salt water tank and when he went to college, I was the one taking care of it. This was many years ago but the fish and seahorses were amazing. It's a lot of work but like you say a big stress reliever staring at the tank.

Arnoldhasmail
December 7, 2017, 07:09 PM
http://www.audioshark.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=21290&stc=1