Mike & Rick talk to Vince Galbo from MSB

This is a tremendously informative video. I’ve not heard a better explanation. Well done Vince and Mike!

Ken

Great video, thanks. Now I have a better idea of MSB philosophy.

I’m having a home audition of the Premier + 2 Discrete Supplies + ProUSB (paired with Innuos Statement + PS Audio BHK Pre and Sonus faber Olympica Nova III) and it’s happening exactly what mentioned in that video:

In fact I’m wondering:
> how the Powerbase can improve the sound and in which aspects in particular?
> or the Femto93 upgrade is able to bring a bigger improvement compared to Powerbase?

I have a large collection of CDs and was loving the PS Audio transport PST+DS MK II (brand new) combo, if I went for the Premier (and I’m on this way frankly) I couldn’t playing SACDs anymore with the PST. They use the I2S proprietary interface between their units, unfortunately. It’s a pity!

Is there a general consensus of which AES/EBU cable is the best with XLR input of MSB dacs?

Last question about cables (original or aftermarket) from Powerbase to MSB DAC: is there the possibility to order a desired length to keep in order the back of the rack, if they are stacked 50cm is enough? Does it affect the sound?

Back