Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: New SabrinaX

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,889

    New SabrinaX

    Wilson is releasing an updated version of the Sabrina called SabrinaX. Upgraded cabinet material, leveraging drivers from XVX, Sasha DAW and new port design.

    Wilson Audio - Authentic Excellence
    _______________

    Mike

  2. #2
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    17,557

    Re: New SabrinaX

    Could be a great little speaker. Looking forward to the official release.
    Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Avantgarde Duo XD, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

    Luxman 590AX Mark II, Job INTegrated.

    Conrad Johnson GAT2, Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2, Misho Myronov Wooden pre.

    Misho Myronov Wooden amp, First Watt SIT-3 (x 2 - one as backup), Job 250 Monos, Valvet E2se, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

    RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

    Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

  3. #3
    Audioshark
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Sarasota, FL
    Posts
    26,226

    Re: New SabrinaX

    Cool. Is this a new advancement in the X Material?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

    "We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

    Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, EMM Labs, Esoteric, Estelon Loudspeakers, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Shunyata Research, SimAudio, Stein Music Products, Stenheim Loudspeakers, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, Vivid Audio Loudspeakers, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

    https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    454

    Re: New SabrinaX

    WOW can't wait to read more and hopefully after COVID have a listen as well. I have a friend locally that owns the Alexia Series 2. It's very impressive!!!
    Sincerely,


    Joe

    “Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." – William Bruce Cameron

    Amps: Pass X260.8s *** Pre-Amp: Pass XP22 *** Headphone Amp: Pass HPA-1 *** Speakers: Magico A3’s *** Magico A3 Grills *** Headphones: Focal Utopia *** Digital: Luxman D-08u SACD *** Aurender ACS10 CD Ripper & N100 Streamer *** Power: Shunyata Hydra Alpha A12 Power Conditioner *** AQ NRG Edison 20 *** Cables: Shunyata *** Rack: Bamboo SVT Quadrasphire *** Accessories: Herbie's Audio Lab Giant Titanium Cone Decoupling Gliders *** Russ Andrews Cable Elevators

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    445

    Re: New SabrinaX

    Mike i think its 3rd. Generation x Material
    Mono and Stereo: WILSON AUDIO SABRINAX AND X-MATERIAL
    Flemming

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    zürich
    Posts
    418

    Re: New SabrinaX

    the original sabrina was made only half way out of composite and the sabrinaX will be a fully.

    thx for posting this, it is exellent news.
    imho the sabrina is the only good looking wilson speaker. really glad to see that they lifted it to the new wilson level.
    going to order it next week to replace the tunetots.
    samsung soundbar & subs

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    445

    Re: New SabrinaX

    Well to me there are also other of their speakers that i like visually.....havent heard them and probably never will , as living in a small Scandinavian country has its limitations . I like the Alexia 2 , as well as the XVX ...both are out of my reach though. Ohh i also think that Yvette and Sasha looks nice.....one has to see them in person as photos dont really show how they look.
    Flemming

  8. #8

    Re: New SabrinaX

    And... what is the price increase???

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    445

    Re: New SabrinaX

    i think we will have to wait , as the official international launch is September. 1 St. 2020 if i am not completely wrong.
    Flemming

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    zürich
    Posts
    418

    Re: New SabrinaX

    Quote Originally Posted by FDPDK View Post
    Well to me there are also other of their speakers that i like visually.....havent heard them and probably never will , as living in a small Scandinavian country has its limitations . I like the Alexia 2 , as well as the XVX ...both are out of my reach though. Ohh i also think that Yvette and Sasha looks nice.....one has to see them in person as photos dont really show how they look.
    yes they look a touch better in person and yes i agree, the yvette and the alexia2 look ok. they really strongly improved compared to what they were last series. also now the color option in mate vs high gloss is dramatic step in case you dont like high gloss.
    if i was the wilson designer i would replace the yvette with a bigger sabrina and the sasha with a bigger yvette. skip the sasha with the adjustable tweeter /mid module and leave that to the bigger models where you can adjust them seperately.
    a friend of mine became wilson distributor and has every model with all kind of amps. the amazing thing is that a friend of us just opened an ultra high end outlet few monthes ago.
    Alesca – High Fidelity-Lautsprecher und Verstarker vom Profi scroll dow a little
    this shop is 5 min walking distance from my house!!! so if you ever come to zürich, i can arange you some tour.
    samsung soundbar & subs

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    zürich
    Posts
    418

    Re: New SabrinaX

    Quote Originally Posted by dznutz View Post
    And... what is the price increase???
    good question and i am convinced the price will be significantly higher. above 20k?
    samsung soundbar & subs

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    445

    Re: New SabrinaX

    Quote Originally Posted by u-sound View Post
    yes they look a touch better in person and yes i agree, the yvette and the alexia2 look ok. they really strongly improved compared to what they were last series. also now the color option in mate vs high gloss is dramatic step in case you dont like high gloss.
    if i was the wilson designer i would replace the yvette with a bigger sabrina and the sasha with a bigger yvette. skip the sasha with the adjustable tweeter /mid module and leave that to the bigger models where you can adjust them seperately.
    a friend of mine became wilson distributor and has every model with all kind of amps. the amazing thing is that a friend of us just opened an ultra high end outlet few monthes ago.
    Alesca – High Fidelity-Lautsprecher und Verstarker vom Profi scroll dow a little
    this shop is 5 min walking distance from my house!!! so if you ever come to zürich, i can arange you some tour.
    Thank you very much , and when the Corona thing is getting better , then it might be a good idea for a visit to Zurich would be really interesting.
    Flemming

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Lower Provo River
    Posts
    197

    Re: New SabrinaX

    Quote Originally Posted by u-sound View Post
    yes they look a touch better in person and yes i agree, the yvette and the alexia2 look ok. they really strongly improved compared to what they were last series. also now the color option in mate vs high gloss is dramatic step in case you dont like high gloss.
    if i was the wilson designer i would replace the yvette with a bigger sabrina and the sasha with a bigger yvette. skip the sasha with the adjustable tweeter /mid module and leave that to the bigger models where you can adjust them seperately.
    a friend of mine became wilson distributor and has every model with all kind of amps. the amazing thing is that a friend of us just opened an ultra high end outlet few monthes ago.
    Alesca – High Fidelity-Lautsprecher und Verstarker vom Profi scroll dow a little
    this shop is 5 min walking distance from my house!!! so if you ever come to zürich, i can arange you some tour.

    Thank you for you well considered thoughts on our speakers. It's always interesting to see what consumers think could improve the Wilson product line. We always take feedback seriously.

    That said, I wouldn't expect the Sasha DAW to be going anywhere. There is nothing you can do to take a fixed baffle, passive speaker and have it do what DAW does in the time domain. Sasha DAW is the best selling model (units) Wilson makes. DAW has been selling to what would have been Sabrina and Yvette buyers. It has been a great success for Wilson Audio.

    SabrinaX will be fun. We're starting to get feedback from dealers and distributors who now have their demos in anticipation of Tuesday's world-wide launch. I'll be interested to see what you think after hearing SabrinaX. After all, she's only going to be 5 minutes away!

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    zürich
    Posts
    418

    Re: New SabrinaX

    probably i skip the 5min and order it by phone, thats how big my trust in wilsons is!
    the real feedback would be that beside quality the "new" wilson sound nails my personal taste 100%.
    very enjoyful for everything rather than extremes.
    i consider wilson as the company they know what i would like and have the ways to do it.
    the sound is ahead of what i could ever have dreamt about....so i have no feedback for ideas about soundimprovement.

    about the sabrinas, what do you think is the minimal distance between them? going to use them in front of my officetable, as nearfield as possible.
    samsung soundbar & subs

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Lower Provo River
    Posts
    197

    Re: New SabrinaX

    Quote Originally Posted by u-sound View Post
    probably i skip the 5min and order it by phone, thats how big my trust in wilsons is!
    the real feedback would be that beside quality the "new" wilson sound nails my personal taste 100%.
    very enjoyful for everything rather than extremes.
    i consider wilson as the company they know what i would like and have the ways to do it.
    the sound is ahead of what i could ever have dreamt about....so i have no feedback for ideas about soundimprovement.

    about the sabrinas, what do you think is the minimal distance between them? going to use them in front of my officetable, as nearfield as possible.
    Distance apart is a relationship based on room and listening position. Wilson speakers are typically positioned at an ear to tweeter listening distance that is roughly 1.0-1.25 times tweeter to tweeter measurement.

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Auburn, Washington USA
    Posts
    287

    Re: New SabrinaX

    I saw this unboxing of the new SabrinaX speaker on youtube from Audio Excellence Canada this morning. They have a whole series of videos and look like a fun team to be around.

    Speakers: Magico A3 with grills, Gaia II
    Integrated: Gryphon Diablo 300 plus DAC
    Subs: SVS1000 (2)-CD/DVD: Oppo 205 Streamer: Lumin T2
    Roon Core: sonicTransporter i7 powered with HDPlex 200w linear PS, running Tital and Quobuz with iPad Pro

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    454

    Re: New SabrinaX

    Quote Originally Posted by Darrel View Post
    I saw this unboxing of the new SabrinaX speaker on youtube from Audio Excellence Canada this morning. They have a whole series of videos and look like a fun team to be around.

    Many thanks. Great video with some good stills of some of the speaker's qualities. Some great pics of other Wilson speakers too.
    Sincerely,


    Joe

    “Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." – William Bruce Cameron

    Amps: Pass X260.8s *** Pre-Amp: Pass XP22 *** Headphone Amp: Pass HPA-1 *** Speakers: Magico A3’s *** Magico A3 Grills *** Headphones: Focal Utopia *** Digital: Luxman D-08u SACD *** Aurender ACS10 CD Ripper & N100 Streamer *** Power: Shunyata Hydra Alpha A12 Power Conditioner *** AQ NRG Edison 20 *** Cables: Shunyata *** Rack: Bamboo SVT Quadrasphire *** Accessories: Herbie's Audio Lab Giant Titanium Cone Decoupling Gliders *** Russ Andrews Cable Elevators

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    692

    Re: New SabrinaX

    Darrel,

    Thank you for the post. More animated and fun than most videos.

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    zürich
    Posts
    418

    Re: New SabrinaX

    went to the shop because i wasnt sure about the color. there were 4 pairs there in different colors but noone in matt.
    i was thinking black matt but my dealer recomanded against. plus it would be 5 weeks waiting time.
    he raved about the sabrinas magic sound, so i listened a bit deep house and other styles. well, to be honest, i found the sound pretty poor. much worse than the tunetots in every parameter apart from the much bigger stage. or about 20 levels below the alexia2.
    i think they were not played in yet (how could they) and maybe the electronics not my taste (d agostini progresion integrated with internal stramer/dac).
    eventually i ordered a pair in black matt.
    on wilsons homepage you will see 3 standard colors and for 1k more you can choose between 5 upgrade colors.
    this is somewhat missleading.....actually if you are willing to pay the extra k, you can choose out of ANY wilson colors, high gloss or matt. (not pearl color nor individiual color).
    the funny part, just after i decided for matt, the dealer said he will order some in matt too. and started to like my decision because it gives him the chance to see black matt on a whole speaker rather than the small examples. thouse are helpful though.

    then, funny, today i found the sasha daw to be the best looking wilson speaker.
    samsung soundbar & subs

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Lower Provo River
    Posts
    197

    Re: New SabrinaX

    Quote Originally Posted by u-sound View Post
    went to the shop because i wasnt sure about the color. there were 4 pairs there in different colors but noone in matt.
    i was thinking black matt but my dealer recomanded against. plus it would be 5 weeks waiting time.
    he raved about the sabrinas magic sound, so i listened a bit deep house and other styles. well, to be honest, i found the sound pretty poor. much worse than the tunetots in every parameter apart from the much bigger stage. or about 20 levels below the alexia2.
    i think they were not played in yet (how could they) and maybe the electronics not my taste (d agostini progresion integrated with internal stramer/dac).
    eventually i ordered a pair in black matt.
    on wilsons homepage you will see 3 standard colors and for 1k more you can choose between 5 upgrade colors.
    this is somewhat missleading.....actually if you are willing to pay the extra k, you can choose out of ANY wilson colors, high gloss or matt. (not pearl color nor individiual color).
    the funny part, just after i decided for matt, the dealer said he will order some in matt too. and started to like my decision because it gives him the chance to see black matt on a whole speaker rather than the small examples. thouse are helpful though.

    then, funny, today i found the sasha daw to be the best looking wilson speaker.

    There are 6 colors available for SabrinaX -
    Standard Colors - Carbon, Quartz, and Galaxy Gray
    Upgrade Colors - Crimson Satin, Diamond Black, Ivory

    Wilson Audio - SabrinaX

    At this time we do not offer any other colors on SabrinaX, though you can order a satin finish.

  21. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    zürich
    Posts
    418

    Re: New SabrinaX

    thx for correcting me!

    so when i was saying "matt", thats actually "satin".
    and only 6 colors.

    so, out of the 6 colors are alle possible in satin?

    ok, i found improvements : (very imho)

    -the color samples at the dealer:
    -a little bigger
    - square than round
    -NOT drilling the wilson logo into it (it is killing everything while you try to transfer the color with your imagination on your upcoming speaker)
    homepage/color:
    i remember years ago there was a tool on the page you could configurate every model with every color and hardware. that was soooo cool and helpful.
    it is removed. i would put it back.

    optic again:
    the tunetots have an optional ring to cover the screws. it really turned the tunetots from ugly to great imho.
    wouldnt that be a great option for the sabrina and bigger model. and some rings for the woofers as well?
    i hated to pay the 700 dollars for that first and than it was top and i would love it on all models. dont know whether it has sonic affects though.

    isobase:
    had a very great effect on the tunetots, both optically and soundwise.
    would love to see that for the sabrina as well.

    thats all, lol, hope you take that in a constuctive sense from my side.
    samsung soundbar & subs

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

New SabrinaX

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •